OverviewBack to top
Note - This module is an add-on of Webkul's Marketplace Module. To use this module, you must have purchased and installed Multi Vendor Marketplace first.
PayPal is the leading American payment processing company operating worldwide to provide various online payment solutions to individuals and businesses. PayPal Commerce Platform is a comprehensive payment solution for marketplaces, crowdfunding platforms, and other environments where multiple parties are involved in buying and selling of goods and services or raising money. PayPal Commerce Platform enables merchants to accept payments in up to 25 currencies across the globe. Customers can pay to multiple sellers at once via credit or debit cards, local payment methods, or PayPal wallet payment. PayPal manages the risk inherent in processing payments and streamlines the onboarding process to get merchants ready to accept payments quickly.
PayPal Commerce Marketplace Add-On allows the store admin and marketplace sellers to integrate PayPal Commerce payment system for their customers. This extension incorporates instant and delayed disbursement modes. The sellers can get onboarded and offer the PayPal payment method for their customers after authenticating with PayPal. Both the store admin and the marketplace sellers can process the refunds for the customers in their respective panels. Also, the PayPal Commerce Marketplace Add-On supports Multi-Seller Purchase (MSP). Moreover, allowing the admin and the sellers to process the online refund for the customers if required. The customer payment gets split into the sellers and the admin, this feature is an additional benefit for both. Assure customers with faster, hassle-free, and secure payment using the PayPal payment method.
The most essential part of any marketplace is surely a smooth-running payment solution, this is one of the prime and foremost requirements for any online store owner is to integrate a good to go, secure, and reliable payment gateway. After all, it is the payment method that has to manage and process all the crucial information of a customer. This is even essential to retain the customer’s trust. Obviously, in the end, no customer wants to hear that their card information is revealed to cyber frauds.
Henceforth, big giants focus on integrating trusted payment methods with their marketplaces and thus make a mark in an e-Commerce world. Integrating PayPal Commerce with the Webkul Multi Vendor Marketplace will turn out to be fruitful for the sellers all the way.
PayPal Commerce Marketplace Add-On facilitates the admin to inculcate the PayPal Services for the marketplace payment system. The store admin can allow two different types of payment modes, i.e. Instant or Delayed. The Instant payment mode dispurses the amount to the seller as soon as the customer makes the payment. Unlike Instant Payment mode, the delayed payment requires the admin to manually release the amount to the seller from the admin panel. Further, this extension allows, both the admin and the sellers to process the refund.
Account & Pricing
An additional account is needed to use this extension. The store admin and marketplace sellers need to have a PayPal account.
- The store admin needs to create an application for integration using its PayPal account, please click here to contact PayPal Commerce support.
- You can create a new account on PayPal for free of cost. Test credentials for the Sandbox account can also be created.
- For doing an online refund, a vendor needs to have a PayPal Business Account. Also, that vendor needs to give 3rd party access permission to the admin.
- PayPal charges 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction sales. For detailed pricing information, click here.
- Facilitates the admin to enable the PayPal Commerce payment method for the marketplace customers.
- The client and the secret key is to be retrieved for configuring the payment method.
- The admin receives the commission based on the sellers.
- Also, supports Instant and Delayed payment Disbursement Modes, i.e. PayPal Commerce.
- To enable PayPal services, the seller must authenticate with PayPal.
- PayPal Commerce Marketplace Add-On supports Multi-Seller Purchase (MSP).
- The payment gets split into the seller and the admin.
- Both the admin and the sellers can process the online refund for the customers.
How Does The Extension Work?
PayPal Commerce Platform Integration
Integrate PayPal with the marketplace to offer a smooth and secure payment process to the customers. The store Owner requires a client ID and key for the integration. Define countries and generate webhooks to complete the PayPal configuration.
Seller Authentication With PayPal
PayPal Commerce Marketplace Module allows the sellers to have the leverage to enable PayPal for their customers to make payments. The seller finds the PayPal Onboard menu option in the seller dashboard. On clicking PayPal Onboard, a link, Enable PayPal shall be visible. It redirects the seller to the first step of the authentication process. In the end, the seller will receive a confirmation email which the seller has to verify and finish the authentication process.
Instant Disbursement Mode
While setting the configurations, the admin may choose either Instant or Delayed against the Disbursement Mode tab. If chosen Instant, the seller amount is instantly transferred to the seller.
Disbursement Mode - Delayed
On choosing Delayed, the admin has to manually transfer the amount to the seller. If funds are not disbursed within 28 days, they are automatically disbursed to the seller. For delayed payments, the seller’s transaction will only display once the admin releases the vendor amount.
Remove Product From Cart - Seller Unauthorized
This module comes with a premium feature if the customer adds the product of the seller who does not have an active or authenticated account on PayPal and proceeds for checkout then a message appears on the page to “remove the product from the cart”.
Accept Customer Payment via PayPal Account
Facilitates the store admin and sellers to accept the payment via PayPal Account and provide a reliable payment method to marketplace customers.
PayPal Secure Payment Gateway For Customers
The customer during checkout can select PayPal as the payment method & place the order. After that, the customer will be redirected to the PayPal website, where he/she will enter its PayPal login details or pay using debit/card. Once the payment is confirmed, the customer will be automatically redirected to the store.
Multi-Seller Purchase (MSP)
Customers can add the multi-seller product into the cart and can make payments using PayPal easily likewise other payment methods. As payment is made for multi purchase in one time hence the placed order id will remain the same for the sellers but sellers will be able to see the order details of the item belonging to them only.
Online Refund Via. PayPal
After placing the order by the customer, the admin can easily from the backend panel look upon the order details, can check the detailed transaction done & can even get the information regarding the payment done is instant or delayed payment. Also, the admin as well as seller can easily refund the order online.
Security & PCI Compliance
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of 12 requirements that all businesses who handle credit/debit card payments must comply with. It provides business best practice guidelines to establish a "Minimum Security Standard". PayPal has achieved PCI DSS compliance certification under various programs and standards. PayPal is committed to secure as well as protect a customer's financial data. For additional information, you may visit the PayPal Safety & Security and PayPal Privacy Statement page.
Upon checkout, customers get redirected to the PayPal website. The customer enters payment information directly into PayPal's secure environment so that the webstore never comes into contact with the customer's payment data. Once the payment process is complete, customers will be redirected back to the webstore. No customer data is ever entered into or stored on the Magento server.
This extension meets the SAQ A level integration. All cardholder data functions to PCI DSS validated third-party service providers, with no electronic storage, processing, or transmission of any cardholder data on the merchant’s systems or premises.
For Marketplace Owner
- Allows admin to add the PayPal Commerce payment method for the sellers and customers.
- Also, the admin receives the commission based on the sellers.
- For that reason, one can always choose PayPal, which is known for its efficient payment split functionality.
- Drives more sales as it offers special discounts that the customers can avail of in the form of promo codes. These codes can be used while making a purchase.
For Marketplace Seller
- Get a faster payout for the product sold.
- Allows sellers to enable and authenticate PayPal services.
- Easy for sellers as the payment gets split into the seller and the admin's account.
- Also, the sellers can process an online refund for the customers.
- Credit card information is in safe hands and PayPal ensures that no hacker tries to misuse the buyer’s critical information.
- One-Touch feature of PayPal facilitates the customers to just add the login details.
- When the customer pays for their online transactions, they will not have to enter the details again.
- Moreover, if a customer doesn’t get the product in the right condition, PayPal ensures a full refund for the product.
- PayPal assures a faster, hassle-free, and secure payment for domestic or an international customer
You can check the live demo from here.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3
23 October, 2020
Extensions, Payments & Security, Fraud, Checkout Enhancements, Payment Integration
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.2 --------------------------------------
+ MSP implemented.
+ Additional webhooks added.
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.1 --------------------------------------
+ Added unbranded payment.
- Fixed credit memo issue.
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Payment will be split into seller and admin.
+ Admin can enable or disable this payment gateway.
+ Admin will get the commission based on sellers.
+ This module will support PayPal Commerce (Instant and Delayed) payment.
+ Proper PayPal ID validation, the seller can only set his valid PayPal ID.
+ Allow seller and admin to refund online.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor