Integrates IBM Commerce Insights offering with Magento which makes merchandising easier for businesses through contextually relevant analytics and insights.
OverviewBack to top
IBM Watson Commerce Insights is a service that provides contextually relevant analytics and insights for the merchandiser allowing them to be more effective and efficient in ensuring the success of their category sales. Delivers curated, personalized insights, and recommended business actions to merchandisers and commerce professionals. Empowers online and retail merchandisers, category managers, and marketers to manage their omni-channel business and customer engagement, both in-store and online. It is compatible with commerce, order management, and digital analytics platforms, giving broader visibility to business performance.It uses embedded cognitive capabilities "Insights Assistant“, that provides notifications to merchandisers, identifying abnormal business conditions (revenue, margin) that need attention, along with supporting evidence and recommended actions.
IBM Watson Commerce Insights Service is a separate purchase. To purchase this service and activate your IBM Watson Commerce Insights account please contact Zilker technology at email@example.com.
IBM Watson Commerce Insights Connector
Zilker's IBM Watson Commerce Insights Connector brings the “insights driven” merchandising capability of IBM Watson Commerce Insights to the Magento eCommerce platform. This extension opens up the predictive and cognitive capabilities of Watson to the larger Magento ecommerce community by providing the integration between Magento and IBM Watson Commerce Insights. Magento merchandisers can now visualize their key site metrics within IBM Watson Commerce Insights and in the context of their store view which will let them make quicker and smart merchandising decisions.
Currently Magento's base commerce platform does not have cognitive capabilities built in into the product that provide an insightful or predictive analysis of the customer’s merchandising data. The Business Intelligence product does offer some of the analytics and insight capabilities but not the extensive cognitive capabilities found in WCI. Zilker’s IBM Watson Commerce Insights Connector for Magento is the first to integrate one of IBM's Cognitive offerings with the Magento eCommerce platform.
Some of the core features of this integration are highlighted below.
- Makes online merchandising easier by seeing the key performance metrics (such as product views, revenue by product/category, abandonment rate, highest sales, lowest sales, browse vs buy rate, sales margins etc) by sales that business users need to make smart, quick business decisions in a single consolidated view versus having to go to multiple systems to aggregate required data.
- Inventory perspective enables quicker identification of products that may be low in inventory due to unpredicted high sales. This lets merchandisers take quicker actions to the inventory situation such as promoting alternate products or working with the fulfillment centers to replenish stock for popular products.
- Merchandising insights in context of their web store view enables business users to quickly see how the products and categories are really performing overall. They can also compare sales data for different periods and metrics (view rate, abandonment rate, sales margins) in the same view. Armed with this newfound knowledge, they can quickly take these insights and spring into action to promote underselling product or replenish fulfillment or cross sell alternate products/SKUs for low inventory high selling products
- Highlights key products or categories with negative business impacts behaving differently than other similar products. This would help the merchandisers to quickly detect and take relevant action towards these under performers such as launching an email campaign, social campaign to promote these products or providing a discount on these.
- Aggregation of disparate data sources (e.g. product catalog, web analytics omni-channel transactions, inventory, sales plan, and product cost) in a personalized experience for the merchandiser to save time in understanding the current business situation
- Intelligent assistant cognitively alerts with recommendations to take action immediately thus increasing efficiency and reducing errors
- Reduces the need to perform repetitive mundane tasks such as review of multiple data sets - analytics data , sales data from OMS/other BI tools, cost data etc and allows for more efficiency by being able to visualize all of these data in one toolset and in the context of the online store
By combining the art of online merchandising with the science of analytics, the IBM Watson Commerce Insights Connector will be beneficial to Magento e-commerce merchandisers who need to react quickly to changes in the market and customer journey.
Please Note: Configuration of this connector is necessary to get proper functionality between Watson Commerce Insights and Magento. It is highly recommended that you contract with Zilker Technology or another experienced integrator to properly configure the connector to unite these products.
Our Support Policy:
- 12 months support and extension updates included
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or issues with the connector
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Compatible with EE: 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 1.10 1.11 1.11.1 1.12 1.13 1.13.1 1.14 1.14.1 1.14.2 1.14.3
- Stability: Stable Build
The Watson commerce Insights Connector extension provides the mechanism for customers using Magento 1.6.x versions to use the Watson Commerce Insights SaaS solution with their ecommerce implementation. This extension is compatible with Magento Community and Enterprise editions 1.6.x +. This extension requires that the customer uses Google Analytics enhanced Ecommerce tagging on the site.
Front end Components
1. Enhanced Commerce Tagging for Site Analytics
2. Custom tags for category heading and each product in the category grid page
3. CORS headers to allow overlay of site metrics display on the site.
Admin tool components
1. Data export file generation for catalog data
2. Inventory data export file generation