Be flexible and give your customer the opportunity to pay in installments with this improved Young-dogs Down Payment Module.
OverviewBack to top
Offering your customer the possibility to pay in installments could be just the incentive your future buyer is looking for. The Down Payment Module is an addon for Magento® webstores which mainly processes bulk orders or orders with high amounts. The customer does an initial payment as deposit, for example 50%. After the products are received by the customer the rest of the payment is done.
This method is a real sales-booster for e-commerce businesses that have large average order amounts and want to meet their customers' risk expectations. On average, we can see an increase in sales with 35% on bulk orders after implementation of this Down Payment Module. This method is a real sales-booster for e-commerce businesses that have large average order amounts and want to meet their customers' risk expectations. On average we can see an increase in sales with 35% on bulk orders after implementation of this Down Payment Module.
- Set installment
Set a % of the amount to be paid by the customer.
- Multi storeview supported
This module supports multiple store-views.
- Paypal compatible
Paypal as a payment method is permitted.
- Set minimum order quantity
You can set a minimum order quantity the customer needs to order before the partial payment option is shown.
- The customer processes a normal checkout procedure and selects "Down Payment" as payment method.
- A partial payment will be requested, which is a percentage of the total amount previously set in the configuration by Admin. In the backend, the order will show as "Pending down payment".
- Once this initial payment has been received, the order will get the status "Processing" and it will be processed as usual.
- After the goods are shipped, the status will be "Pending full payment", until the rest of the payment is done by the customer.
- Once the customer receives the products and completes the payment, the order can be set to complete.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2
- Stability: Stable Build
1.0.6 - 2016-07-04
- In some cases, the wrong transactional email was sent
1.0.5 - 2016-06-29
- Added setting to define minimum amount allowed to use down payment
1.0.4 - 2016-01-14
- In some cases, when using one page checkout, an exception was thrown if the user was logged in
- Template files were not included with the module
1.0.3 - 2016-01-05
- Test mode was always used, regardless of whether it's enabled or not
- Config: allow multistore
- Config: it's now possible to define Docdata profile to use
- Front page payment enabled for the pending payment
1.0.2 - 2015-12-23
- Fixed bug with orders over 999 currency units
1.0.1 - 2015-12-09
- Use transactional emails instead of locale templates
- Minor changes and bug fixes
1.0.0 - 2015-12-01
- First public version