OverviewBack to top
Yext is natural language search. With the Search Experience Cloud, Yext puts brands in control of their facts online and provides accurate, official answers to consumer questions across the entire search ecosystem. Yext lets brands store and structure all their public-facing facts—and the relationships between them—so that natural language systems like product search can understand and respond to the questions that today’s customers are asking.
The Yext Product Catalog Sync pulls your product data from your Magento product catalog into the Yext Knowledge Graph to power rich natural language search experiences across your product search, product pages, and more. For instance, if you are a Yext Pages and Yext Answers subscriber, and you change the price of a pair of shoes in your Magento product catalog from $35 to $40, that update will sync automatically with the Yext Knowledge Graph so that the new price appears on the appropriate Yext Pages and within your Yext Answers search result without your having to take any additional step to effect this revision.
Account & Pricing:
The Yext Product Catalog Sync is free to Yext and Magento customers. To use the Yext Product Catalog Sync, you must have a Yext account. If you don’t have a Yext account, you may sign up for a free trial of Yext Answers or review packages for other Yext products. Contact Yext for additional account or pricing information.
- Drive operational efficiency: Any changes made to your product data in Magento will sync automatically to the Yext Knowledge Graph — without manual oversight.
- Improve conversion: Populate direct answers in your search experience with rich, accurate product information and calls to action that drive more clicks to buy.
- Reduce support costs: Answer more first-line questions in search to help prevent shoppers from defaulting to costly call centers or clunky, frustrating chatbots.
- Answers Not Links: When you ask a question about products, you want an answer about how or where to purchase that product, not a long list of blue links. Yext Answers returns direct answers to shoppers’ queries in the form of rich content like knowledge cards, maps, and other relevant results.
- Natural Language Understanding: Yext Answers uses artificial intelligence to put unstructured natural language into context, determine general customer intent, and return results that best respond to each query.
- Federated Architecture: You shouldn’t have to hunt for the right search bar on a website in order to get information. Yext Answers consolidates vertical searches into a single search bar, so shoppers can search for anything in one interface: products, events, locations, and more.
- Faceted Search: Yext Answers uses dynamic filters that update depending on a shopper’s search.
- Spelling Correction: Yext Answers automatically corrects misspellings in each query and suggests "Did You Mean" alternatives in the results for query refinement.
- Query Rules: Boost or bury results to tailor them to each user, and configure rules to augment the search algorithm so shoppers can override results depending on the search term.
- Location Personalization: Yext Answers detects a shopper’s location to inform search results and return geographically relevant information.
- Vertical Search: Yext Answers isolates a shopper’s search to a single entity type—like locations, professionals, or products—and adjusts the UI accordingly.
- Answers Analytics: Yext Answers aggregates data to identify trends like popular search terms, customers’ locations, exact results returned, clicks on every entity, actions taken per each click, and much more.
- Conversion-Optimized Calls to Action: Traditional index-based site search can’t help shorten the path to purchase when all it does is return a list of blue links. Yext Answers puts customizable calls to action right in each result, so shoppers can book an appointment, make a phone call, and more.
- Auto-Suggest and Auto-Complete: Yext Answers suggests queries that might work better for the shopper by using a combination of customizable, hard-coded prompts, and popular queries.
- Lemmatization and Synonyms: We all use different words to describe the same thing — and we search that way too. Yext Answers understands synonyms, so whether a shopper’s query is “DM” or “district manager,” it knows they’re searching for a district manager returns results based on that intent.
- Crawling: Yext Answers scans and digests the content of your website’s pages—including relevant links—to make it searchable within your Answers experience.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
19 November, 2020
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Site Search & Navigation
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor