Add custom tracking methods to Magento and make tracking links in emails clickable for your customers easily.
OverviewBack to top
Add custom tracking methods to Magento, disable default tracking methods and make tracking links in emails clickable for your customers. All using the Custom Carrier Trackers extension by XTENTO.
Out of the box, Magento only offers three tracking methods: UPS, USPS and FedEx. In case you want to add custom tracking methods to Magento, because you're shipping using a custom carrier for example and want your customers to be able to track their orders shipped using these custom carriers, this extension is what you're looking for.
This extension gives you the ability to set up 15 new tracking methods in Magento. You don't have to set up ten new trackers in Magento - just set up the new trackers you need. The carrier/tracking name and the tracking URL is freely configurable, you can make it say whatever you want.
The tracking number gets replaced in the tracking URL automatically, just use the #TRACKINGNUMBER# variable and the actual tracking number will show up in the tracking URL. It is also possible to output the recipients postcode in the tracking URL by using the #ZIP# variable. No need to use the non-trackable default "Custom" tracker anymore.
Also, by setting up the carriers tracking URL, you will give your customers the ability to track their orders directly from the shipment email they receive. This very important feature does not work out of the box in Magento.
It is also possible to disable and hide all or some of the default Magento tracking methods (UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL) using this extension.
- Adds 15 new completely generic trackers in Magento
- Each tracker is freely configurable, change the name and tracking URL as required
- Tracking number and postcode get replaced in the tracking URL automatically
- Give your customers the ability to track their order directly from the shipment email
- Comes with a list of known URLs of often used carriers
- Default Magento tracking methods can be disabled and hidden
- Simple installation - upload and use!
This extension is also compatible with our Simplify Bulk Order Processing and Tracking Number Import extensions. Custom tracking methods added using this extension can be used for bulk shipping and imported tracking numbers and so on.
List of tracking urls that comes with the extension includes carriers from Germany (DPD, DHL, GLS, Hermes, UPS), UK (DHL, DPD, Fedex, Hermes EU, Royal Mail, Parcel Force, Fastway), NL (Post NL), IT (Bartolini, Fedex, TNT, UPS) and even more - updated frequently. Not sure if your carrier supports a tracking URL with a tracking number? Looking for the URL? Get in touch with us, we'll be happy to help.
An example tracking URL used for a custom tracking method with a replaceable tracking number variable would be: http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/set_identcodes.do?lang=de&idc=#TRACKINGNUMBER#
The recipients postcode can be output in the tracking URL as well. Just use the #ZIP# variable. Example tracking URL: http://www.postnlpakketten.nl/klantenservice/tracktrace/basicsearch.aspx?lang=nl&B=#TRACKINGNUMBER#&P=#ZIP#
We've set up a demo installation showing the extensions functionality. Please click here to view the demo backend.
If you have any questions regarding this extension, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We'll be happy to help!
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.3 1.4 188.8.131.52 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 184.108.40.206 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Compatible with EE: 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 1.10 1.11 1.11.1 1.12 1.13 1.13.1 1.14 1.14.1 1.14.2 1.14.3
- Stability: Stable Build
===== 1.6.2 =====
* Updated Xtento_XtCore to 1.1.8 ("Added warning in module configuration at System > Configuration if module output is disabled via "Disable Module Output" at System > Configuration > Advanced > Advanced")
- Compatible with CE: 1.4 18.104.22.168 1.4.2 1.5 1.6 1.6.1 22.214.171.124 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2
- Compatible with EE: 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 1.10 1.11 1.11.1 1.12 1.13 1.13.1 1.14 1.14.1 1.14.2
- Stability: Stable Build
===== 1.0.0 =====
* Initial Release
===== 1.4.0 =====
* Added ability to export more variables in the tracking number: #d#, #m#, #Y#, #y# (Outputting the shipment date)
===== 1.4.1 =====
+ Added new variable #ORDERNUMBER#
===== 1.4.2 =====
+ Improved compatibility with not properly uninstalled shipping methods
===== 1.4.3 =====
+ Added new variables #FIRSTNAME# and #LASTNAME# that contain shipping first/lastname
* Variables in tracking link get prepared using urlencode()
===== 1.4.4 =====
+ Added new variable #COUNTRYCODE# which contains the two letter destination country code
===== 1.4.5 =====
* Added ability to disable direct tracking links in Sales > Orders grid, for performance reasons
! Added compatibility for Magento CE 18.104.22.168 / EE 22.214.171.124
===== 1.4.6 =====
* Various bugfixes and code optimization in license code
===== 1.5.0 =====
+ Added 5 new custom trackers - 15 custom trackers can be used in total now
===== 1.5.1 =====
! Added compatibility for Magento CE 126.96.36.199 / EE 188.8.131.52
===== 1.6.0 =====
+ Added support for responsive shipment/tracking email (RWD)
===== 1.6.1 =====
! Added compatibility for Magento CE 184.108.40.206 / EE 220.127.116.11