Help your customers to explore more content and reduce website friction with Infinite Scroll & Ajax Catalog Pagination.
OverviewBack to top
When building your store, one of your most important tasks is to build a website that has the least amount of friction. Less friction = better user experience results in higher conversion rate, generating higher revenue and increased customer lifetime value. Category pages and search result pages are the most visited sections of your ecommerce store. Helping your customers to explore more content will result in longer browsing experiences which can help your customers find exactly what they are looking for.
You have the option to go with two major browsing behaviours, infinite scrolling (load more) and pagination. Each UX behaviour has its benefits and we often recommend testing what works best for your customers.
Infinite scroll is commonly used by social media websites such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Your customers were educated to scroll down by the Social Media giants. You will often find that this user experience is best on mobile devices, which often reaches even 70% to 80% of the total traffic (highly influenced by your industry). Other benefits of using Infinite scroll is that new products will load dynamically without the need of refreshing the entire page, your customers can simply scroll up to view and compare previous products.
Pagination is also very commonly used around ecommerce websites such Amazon.com, REI.com. Pagination helps divide content into multiple pages. To reduce friction, we are now loading the next page using the Ajax technology by removing completely the need to reload the entire page. When the users reaches the bottom of the page and click to go from page #1 to page #5 we dynamically load page #5 content without a refresh of a page and automatically scroll the user to the top of the page. Pagination is also helpful in providing the customer an initial best selection of products, you can curate best 50 products from a category that you can promote first on the first page, this will give you a better sense of control of what you display first and stop the initial presentation.
Infinite Scroll & Ajax Catalog Pagination doesn’t simply stop at giving you the option to implement Infinite Scroll or to have an Improved user experience with less friction on pagination. We are also giving you the option of both worlds. Now you have the option to start with Infinite Scroll but only load automatically the first few pages (you can define how many) and then display the load more button. The benefits are that you can now display less products on the initial load, which helps you with page speed, then automatically load page two or three of best products. Your customers will not get annoyed by never reaching the bottom of your page and you have better control of displaying the best of the best of each category first. It’s basically a Win! Win! Win! Solution.
When implementing this solution we focused heavily on improving SEO as well. The solution closely follows Google’s Infinite Scroll implementation by generating rel=next and rel=prev at the correct page in conjunction with the canonical tag.
- Ajax Infinite Scroll - infinite product load while scrolling down
- Ajax Next Page - loading next page without reloading entire page
- Reduce website friction, improve user experience and conversion rate
- Helps users explore more content
- Control the number of the pages that autoload automatically
- "Show More" button available after a speficied number autoloaded pages
- Customizable notification messages
- Possibility to disable for search result pages
- SEO Optimized functionality
- Speed improvements
- Clean open source code
- Easy installation
- Click Here for Frontend Demo - Ajax Infinite Scroll - scroll down the page to automatically load more items
- Click Here for Frontend Demo - Ajax Catalog Next Page - click Next Page to automatically load more items via Ajax, without reloading the page
- Click Here for Backend Demo - see all available options in Magento admin
- Check latest version of documentation and discover all admin features: Documentation
- WeltPixel Support and Community Forum
- Support via WeltPixel ticketing - Contact SUPPORT
- Lifetime FREE updates
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Compatibility with Magento 2.3
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1 2.2
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
What’s new in v.1.6.4 - May 16, 2018
Compatibility with Magento 2.2.4, logger broken reference fix, changed to rewrite from plugin.
Removed extra parameter from store url generated by infinite scroll functionality
Fix for ‘previous page load’, now when user hits the back button and returns in listing view mode, will land on the last page loaded with ajax or infinite scroll (ex: listing page 4)
What’s new in v.1.0 - February 23, 2018