A must-have which gives you the possibility to restrict your backend users to use the Magento backend by their user role and IP address.
OverviewBack to top
Do you think your employees shouldn't be able to use your store's backend from their homes or holiday location? Well, this extension prevent them from doing that by allowing only specific IP addresses, users and user roles to use the Magento backend from anywhere in the world. Make your store admin more secure by simply installing this extension and entering your IP address in the store config.
- Make your admin more secure
- Restrict IP addresses from where backend users can log in
- Allow specific users and user roles to use any IP address
- Easy to set up and maintain
- Supports IPv6 addresses
- Administrators are never locked out
- Keep hackers out of your Magento backend
Restrict IP addresses from logging in
Specify the IP addresses you want your backend users to be able to log in from. For example only the IP address of you office or store locations. Besides regular IPv4 addresses, this extension also supports IPv6 addresses. Don't know your own IP address? No problem, the extension provides a link to the websites you can find your IP.
Administrators can always login
You don't have to be afraid that you will be locked out from your own store, because users with role "Administrators" can always log in. You can also select specific users and user roles to log in from anywhere in the world, in case you're on holiday and want your manager to be able to log in whenever he needs to.
Keep hackers out
As a bonus, this extension also helps to prevent hackers from remotely using your employee user accounts or bute forcing your store's admin panel.
Easy to set up
After installing the extension, use the following steps to set up the extension:
- Go to the store configuration.
- Go to Web Whales > Backend Login Restriction.
- Enable the extension.
- Enter the IP address(es) you want your admin users to be able to login from. Use the links to the IP tools to find your current IP address.
- Optionally select the users and/or user roles to allow those users to bypass the IP restrictions.
- Save the configuration and clear the configuration cache.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.0 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
=== 1.0.0 ===