OverviewBack to top
WhatsApp is a global leading messaging app by Meta. Users can send text messages and voice messages, as well as make voice and video calls and share images, documents, user locations, and other content.
The WhatsApp Order Notification feature allows store merchants to notify their customers via WhatsApp messages. The extension adds functionality for placing any order and for order status updates. The shoppers will receive the message alert to their registered mobile number.
This module offers the store merchants to add the most prominent instant messaging services to their store. WhatsApp is a highly engaged digital platform these days. The eCommerce merchants can enhance their store functionalities by notifying their customers through WhatsApp.
The extension works for every order status change as well as for the order placement. Hence, the shopper gets the WhatsApp alert every time on their WhatsApp number. The module is convenient to the business merchant and for the customers too.
Account & Pricing
An additional account is needed to use this extension. The store admin should have Meta (Facebook) developer account. Also, the customers need to have a WhatsApp account to receive notifications.
- To use this module, the store admin must have Meta Developer (Facebook) account.
- There are only a few free messages available per month for WhatsApp order notification i.e 1000 per month and above this, there is an additional cost. You may check the pricing on WhatsApp Business Cloud API Page.
- For any further technical assistance, please reach Facebook developer support.
- Customers will receive an order confirmation notification.
- Buyers will also be notified of order status updates such as cancel, hold, pending, complete, and others.
- To set up the module, the store merchant must enter the phone number ID and token.
- The Meta developers account will generate the token and phone number ID.
How Does The Extension Work?
WhatsApp Cloud API Integration
The store admin will have to generate the token and phone number id from their Meta developer account. The admin can also set the message template from here.
Customize WhatsApp Order Alert Message
After that, the store owner will enter the token and phone number id for the general module setup. The store merchant will enable the module status, set the order placement template, and order status change template as per the Meta developer account.
Order Status WhatsApp Alerts
The customers will receive a notification alert when they will place an order with the order id. Whenever the order status changes, a notification is sent to the customer for the orders status updates eg; cancel, hold, pending, processing, shipped, etc.
For Store Owner
- Notify the customers instantly to their customers regarding their order placement and status change.
- Helps to build trust in their brand which creates a strong customer base.
- Get order information directly to their WhatsApp.
- Does not need to check their store account to check the order status.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.4 (current)
23 June, 2022
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Mobile, Personalization & Experience Management, Site Search & Navigation
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Add ACL.
+ Add validation in configuration
- Fix multiple checkout issues along with other minor issues.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor