The extension integrates your Magento store with the Stripe payment gateway. It works at checkout by accepting the payments using customers stripe account.
OverviewBack to top
Stripe is an Irish technology company operating in over 25 countries that allows both private individuals and businesses to accept payments over the Internet. Stripe focuses on providing the technical, fraud prevention, and banking infrastructure required to operate online payment systems.
Stripe Payment Gateway is a wonderful module if you are looking to integrate stripe payment gateway within your web store for receiving the payments.
Stripe account required and additional fees apply. The users can click here to create their first Stripe account which is free. Stripe is a payment gateway with a very simple pricing model. In the United States, the pricing would be a simple 2.9% +30¢ per transaction with no monthly fees, refund costs or other hidden fees. You can check the pricing for your country by clicking here. Stripe is one of the most cost-effective, reliable and user-friendly payment gateways in the world.
Stripe Payment Gateway is a PCI compliant payments system. Stripe has achieved PCI DSS compliance certification under various programs and standards. All sensitive data completely bypasses your web store and goes directly to Stripe, then Stripe simple give you a unique token which relates to the transaction.For more information, check the Stripe Integration and Security.
Use Case of Stripe Payment Gateway -
This module integrates the Stripe Payment Gateway with your Magento web store. Using this extension, the customers can pay for their purchases using their cards without leaving the web store. The customers will have to select the Stripe payment method at checkout page and after filling in their card details the customers can click pay button to complete the purchase. Customers can also select the checkbox for “Remember Me“, that will allow the customer to enter his mobile number that will be used to verify the customer's identity at Stripe Pay and other sites using the Stripe Checkout.
Features of Stripe Payment Gateway -
- Enable/disable the payment solution.
- Set Stripe payment gateway module title.
- Set the order limit for Stripe payment application.
- Set allowed countries for which Stripe payment method will be applicable.
- Set new order status and sort order.
- Provide secure, trusted and fast payment to the customers.
- The customer can select the Stripe payment method available on the checkout page.
- The customers can make payments through the card.
- Check placed orders details like invoices and transaction.
- Can also make easy refunds to the customers if the customers cancel their orders.
- Open source and easy to use.
Workflow of Stripe Payment Gateway -
After the module installation is complete, the admin will configure the module for use by setting up the configuration settings like - enable or disable the module, set title of the payment gateway, enter the API Test Key, API Test Publishable Key, API Live Key, API Live Publishable Key, Set the Name Display on form, etc. Lastly, click the save button to save the configuration.
At the checkout page, the customer will select the Stripe as the payment method under the Payment Information section to pay the amount. This will display a Stripe pop up window. Here, the customer will enter the - email id, enter the card number, expiry date, and the CVV number as required. All the customer details directly go to the stripe payment gateway. It's completely secure from the user point as it does not save any customers card information at Magento end and all the data flows directly to the Stripe from the pop-up window.
Admin can also refund online complete and partial amount with the Stripe module. Under the Invoice menu, click on the specific invoice and then click on Credit Memo button. After clicking on Refund button, you can check refund status and refunded the amount of Stripe payment gateway.
Benefits of Stripe Payment Gateway -
- Provide customers Stripe payment gateway for processing the payments in your web store.
- The customer can save the card for future payment and can delete the cards and add a new one to the checkout page.
- Admin can also refund online complete and partial amount with the Stripe module.
- The refunded amount will go to the user's card.
- The admin can check refund status and refunded amount to Stripe account dashboard.
Demo - You can check the live demo here.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.6 1.6.1 22.214.171.124 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 1.0.1 --------------------------------------
+ Allow buyers to pay using stripe embedded form.
+ Allow buyers to pay using all cards that stripe supports.
+ Worked on Stripe API Version 2.2.0
+ PCI compliant payments system
+ working with stripe supported currencies
+ better security management
+ admin has complete control of the system
+ email notification of transaction
+ support for almost all kind of cards including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, JCB etc
+ CVC checks
+ well integrated with Magento