This extension gives the convenience of directly sending the webstore emails using a customized server.
OverviewBack to top
If any email is to be sent from your web store, then first the mail needs to be configured on the server globally. The emails are then sent globally using the defined settings. But, what if there is a non-technical person who has to configure the email system? Or if you want to configure the email using a different host provider? It will be hard for him to do so. Also, consider if you are having multiple installations of Magento, what then? How will you configure the emails for each separate ones?
The module SMTP configurator will allow the admin to set up the SMTP server for his website so that all the emails that are sent through the webstore get placed through the selected host provider. The admin can easily choose the host from a list of host providers and then enter the username and password for the selected host and that's it the configuration is done. You can send emails and test emails to check if the emails are being sent to the intended users or not.
Use Case of SMTP Configurator - The need for this module arises if you want to easily configure and use any other different host providers for sending your emails other than the default one. Also, if you want to configure the mail for multiple installations of Magento on the same server this module is super useful. Using this module the admin will be able to send the emails and if any the mail is not delivered you will see the respective error message.
Features of SMTP Configurator -
- Admin can easily setup SMTP Host.
- Admin can choose from various Host Providers.
- Admin can test the host by sending test emails.
- Admin will be able to see the success message for test emails.
- The receiver will receive the mail successfully.
- Admin will see an error message for test emails if mail sends failed.
- There will be an error message if the mail is not sent to the receiver.
Workflow of SMTP Configurator -
After the successful installation of the module, the admin will be able to configure the module by navigating to the admin panel. Here the admin can setup the setting by - First, selecting the SMTP provider, then entering the username and password for the selected SMTP provider and then clicking the save button to save the configuration. The admin can also send test emails by entering the selected host provider's email address(using which the mails will be sent), the recipient's email address, the mail content, and then clicking the test mail send button. If the mail is sent successfully then you will see a success message else you will see an error message.
Benefits of SMTP Configurator -
- The module is highly beneficial for the webstore owners as it will help them to change the server settings for sending emails from their webstore using personalized email server.
- Utilizing this module will allow a 100% chance of email delivery to the intended recipients.
- If there's a fail in mail delivery, an error will be shown.
- Easy to use and simple to configure.
- Users can track the emails using their SMTP Account.
- Can be used to configure multiple host providers on multiple Magento installations on the same server.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Configure SMTP in magento2 easily .
+ It support Zimbra, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, Mail, Zoho, Amazon SES, GMX .
+ log error generated
+ Send test mail to check SMTP setting.