Slide Tweet Widgets is very customizable, it grabs feeds from your Twitter handle and display them in a sliding manner.
OverviewBack to top
Twitter allows businesses and individuals to create messages (called tweets) of upto 140 characters. These messages are received by people who have subscribed to receive updates from your account (followers). Messages appear on your follower's 'timeline' (or message feed) on their account or on their mobile app when they are logged in to Twitter. If you mention a follower by the name they receive a notification letting them know they've been mentioned.
Slide Tweet Widgets shows latest Twitter feeds in your store. Insert this widget on any part of the page or add multiple widgets. Slide Tweet Widgets is very customizable, it grabs feeds from your Twitter handle and display them in a sliding manner. There are various options available to customize the Slide Tweet Widgets.
To use this module you must have a twitter account. You can Signup to twitter account here which is totally free and you do not need to pay any type of fee.
Follow below steps to get Twitter credentials:
- Login or signup a Twitter account and create an app.
- Now enter any Name and Description for the new app. Then, enter your store URL in the Website field, you can also enter a redirect URL for the store in Callback URL. Tick the checkbox after reading the Twitter Development Application and click Create your Twitter application.
- Now your Twitter app has been created, Click on Keys and Access Tokens tab for viewing your credentials. After arriving at the Keys and Access Tokens tab, you can now copy the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. At the bottom of the page, click Create My Access Token for creating Access Token and Access Token Secret.
- After clicking the Create my access token button, you can now view your Access Token and Access Token Secret.
Use Case of Slide Tweet Widgets -
When you register as a Twitter user, you create a profile - a summary description of your business along with an image and a link to your website. Your profile shows how many people follow you and how many you are following. It will also display the number of tweets you have generated.
All the messages (tweets) you have created are displayed on your Twitter profile. These can be viewed by people searching for information about a particular topic, as well as by your followers.
This way you can keep up to date your followers with the latest updates of your business. You can tweet about special offers or new products to encourage your followers to find out more.
Features of Slide Tweet Widgets -
- Display a title on top the widget with a URL.
- Set the number of Twitter feeds to display.
- Set the widget frame height and width.
- Color customization for the title, title bar, frame, tweet title.
- Set Twitter profile picture icon height and width.
- Delay time interval for the feeds.
- Users can click the Twitter hashtags and profile picture.
- Visit URL links mentioned in the feeds.
- The module source code is open for customization.
Workflow of Slide Tweet Widgets -
After the module installation, the admin needs to navigate to "Content > Pages". Here select the page where you want to display the Slide Tweet Widgets, click "Edit" option. Now, go to the content section, and click "Insert Widget" icon. A pop-up window will appear, select "Widget Type" as "SlideTweet" and click "Insert Widget".
After that, complete the widget configuration and click "Insert Widget" when done.
After setting up the widget options, the widget will appear in the content section. Click "Save Page" to apply your changes.
On the front-end, the users can see the Slide Tweet widget. The users can click the hashtags in the feeds and visit the Twitter website. If there’s a URL link in the feed, the user can click it and visit the website.
The widget will show the title, frame, Twitter profile pic, feed title. The users can click the title and visit the web page set by the admin. If a user clicks any profile picture, it will be redirected to the Twitter profile page.
Benefits of Slide Tweet Widgets -
Twitter has a range of uses and benefits for business and can complement other communication channels. Some of the benefits are as follows:
Communicating - Twitter is a way to keep your followers up to date with current information about your business. Importantly, it lets followers communicate with you too.
Generating leads - Tweeting about special offers or new products can encourage your followers to find out more, potentially leading to sales.
Showing your brand's personality - Tweeting about your people and your brand's personality gives followers a sense of your business as more than just a supplier of goods or services.
Researching trends - Twitter can tell you the hot topics of the moment and allows you to see what Twitter users are saying about your brand, your competitors, and your product category.
Demo - You can check the live demo here.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Show twitter feeds by specific term on CMS pages.
+ Admin can add multiple Twitter widgets.
+ Admin can change design (width,height,frame color etc) of each widgets.