OverviewBack to top
Twitter allows businesses and individuals to create tweets up to 280 characters. These messages are displayed to the people who have followed your account. Tweets appear on the follower's 'timeline' on their account when they are logged in to Twitter. If you mention a follower by the name, they receive a notification letting them know that they've been mentioned.
Slide Tweet Widgets displays the latest Twitter feed on your website. The admin can insert this widget in any part of the page or add multiple widgets on the pages of their website. There are so many options for the admin to customize the widget. Tweets are automatically fetched and displayed in a sliding manner. There are various options available to customize the Slide Tweet Widgets.
The users can view the sliding tweets displaying on the website and click on the hashtag and URL used in the tweet. Moreover, they can click the title and visit the web page set by the admin. If a user clicks any profile picture, it will be redirected to the Twitter profile page.
Business Value/ Use Case/ Examples:
Twitter is an excellent tool, especially when we discuss sales and marketing. Twitter helps businesses to grow where revenue is the only thing people tend to see. With the right marketing strategy, businesses can create successful social media campaigns to increase sales, and brand recognition furthermore, businesses can increase customer service by engaging with their loyal customers.
Using this widget you can let your users know how active you’re on the social media platforms too. When you register as a Twitter user, you create a profile - a summary description of your business along with an image and a link to your website.
All the messages (tweets) you have created are displayed on your Twitter profile will also be displayed on your website now. This way you can keep up to date your followers with the latest updates of your business. You can tweet about special offers or new products to encourage your followers to find out more.
Account & Pricing:
To make use of this widget, you must have an account on Twitter. It allows you to get the API key required for the module configuration. The account is not created on its own while installing the extension. So, you must:
- Create a new account by tapping Register and then create an app.
- If you already have an account and app, then Login and navigate to the Keys and Access Tokens to get the credentials/ keys.
- Twitter is free and you do not need to pay any type of fee to create a twitter account.
- Display a title on top of the widget with a URL.
- Set the number of Twitter feeds to display.
- Set the widget frame height and width.
- Color customization for the title, title bar, frame, tweet title.
- Set Twitter profile picture icon height and width.
- Delay time interval for the feeds.
- Users can click the Twitter hashtags and profile pictures.
- Visit URL links mentioned in the feeds.
- The module source code is open for customization.
How Does It Work?
After the successful installation of the module, the admin can easily configure the module from the admin panel. From the admin dashboard, the admin can navigate to Widgets from the content menu.
The admin can select the slide tweet to configure the widget. Here, the admin can decide the storefront properties for the widget. From the Widget Options, the admin can set the Title, Title Link, Title Bar Color, Title Color, Tweet Title Color, Number of tweets, Term, Frame - height, width, color, Background Color, Tweet Background Color, Frame Border Width, Icon - Height, Width, Time out delay, Consumer - key, secret, Oauth Access Token, and Oauth Access Token Secret.
The admin can also navigate to Pages from the Content menu in the admin dashboard. Here, the admin can select the page where the admin wants to insert the widget and then click on the edit button. The admin can insert the widget in the content section by selecting the widget from the menu. By clicking on the insert widget the admin can select the widget type as Slide Tweet and customize the widget accordingly. Next, after inserting the widget, the users will be able to see the Slide Twitter Widget at the front-end. The users can click the hashtags in the feeds and visit the Twitter website. If there’s a URL link in the feed, the user can click it and visit the website.
The widget will also show the title, frame, Twitter profile pic, feed title. Users can click the title and visit the web page set by the admin. If a user clicks any profile picture, it will be redirected to the Twitter profile page.
- The admin can insert the widget on the website pages and display the tweets.
- This widget is highly customizable and the admin can easily customize it.
- Tweeting about special offers or new products can encourage your followers to find out more, potentially leading to sales.
- Users can easily view the tweets displaying on the website.
- Users can click on the Hashtag, URL, Profile Picture and it will redirect the user to the twitter and website respectively
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.1, 2.3
16 October, 2019
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Rich Media
Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
--------------------------- Version 3.0.0 -------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Show twitter feeds by specific term on CMS pages.
+ Admin can add multiple Twitter widgets.
+ Admin can change design (width,height,frame color etc) of each widgets.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor