The Shipping Availability check module allows the buyers to check the shipping availability of products for specific zip codes.
OverviewBack to top
Shipping Availability Check module allows the users to find out the availability of products using zip codes. The zip codes can be entered on the product page itself, the users don’t require to do the checkout process in order to find out the shipping availability. The admin can add multiple regions and assign these regions to a product from the backend very easily. The saved address details automatically appear in the zip code field for the Logged In users. The recent history of the zip code search for a product can also be viewed by the users.
It is very important to know that the product which the user is about to order can really be delivered to its address or not. With the help of this module, the user can find out the product shipping availability very easily.
The admin can set up the module from the back-end panel. The admin will navigate to view details->Add entry option to add a new product id and the valid zip code for it. After that the admin will save the entry. The admin can also upload the product Ids and their respective valid zip codes in bulk using a CSV file. Now when a customer on the front end checks the shipping availability of a product for his zip code, if it's available then the customer can see a message that the product is available. Now the customer can go for the checkout to make a purchase for the selected product.
Use Case of Shipping Availability Check -
The Shipping Availability Check module is a much needed feature to check the availability of a product to be shipped to a specific zip code. It can show if the product is available or not by the setting a zip code for the particular product id from the admin panel. The user can check the product availability on the product page by entering a zip code for his location. If the product is available for the entered zip code then a message will be displayed that the product is available for the entered zip code.
Features of Shipping Availability Check -
- It allows the users to know about the shipping availability on the product page.
- The admin can add, edit, view, and delete multiple regions.
- Multiple available regions can be selected for a product.
- Available Regions can be assigned to both new and existing products.
- Every zip code and a region have a unique Id assigned to it for better management.
- Region Status can be enabled or disabled by the admin.
- Zip codes can be updated and deleted by the admin.
- Filter option can be used to search for any specific region or a zip code.
- Shipping Availability Check supports multiple languages and translation.
- The registered users saved address automatically appears in the zip code field.
- The recent history of the zip code search for a product can also be seen by the users.
Workflow of Shipping Availability Check -
After the module installation, go to the admin panel and navigate to Zipcode Validator->Manage Region. Here the admin can manage all the regions of its store. The admin can view information such as – region Id, region name, status, and region zip codes.
- Click Add Entry button to create a new region entry or add a zip code to the list.
- Use Actions drop-down menu option to enable or disable any region(s) status.
- Filter option can be used to search any particular region from the list.
- Use Click link to view all the zip codes of the region.
- To Update or Delete an existing region click the Edit link.
To add a new region or add a zip code, click the Add Entry button as shown in the previous screenshot. After arriving at the New Entry page, you need to fill in the region information details. A sample zip code CSV file can be downloaded for the reference.
- Region Name – Here you can either enter a region title or a zip code entry.
- Status – Set the status as Enabled to use this region, else select Disabled if don’t want to use.
- CSV (Optional) – Click the Choose file button to browse and upload your new zip code CSV file.
- Click the Save Entry button to add this region to the list.
Assign Regions to a Product - Next, to assign regions to the products the admin can navigate through Products->Catalog. You can assign regions to both a new product or an existing product. From the screenshot below, you can see that there’s a new option on the product page, Available Regions.
- Select the available regions for the product, multiple regions can be selected for a product.
- After providing the product details, click the Save button to save your changes.
- The regions can also be configured for an existing product.
USER FRONT-END VIEW
The front-end users can simply enter their zip code on the product page for finding the product availability. After entering the zip code, the users can click the Check option as shown in below screenshot. A small message will appear under the entered zip code, as Product is available at (zip code).
- If the entered zip code does not match the product zip code list, it will show the message as Product is not available at (zip code).
- If a Logged In User uses the zip code validator for finding the product availability, the saved address details will automatically appear in the field. The users can view the recent zip code searches made for the product.
- Guest users can also view the recent zip code searches made for the product.
- Benefits of Shipping Availability Check -
The main benefit of this module is that it provides customers the ability to check if the product they have selected is available to be shipped to a specific zip code or not. If the product is available for the entered zip code then the customer can easily go ahead for the checkout process. Sellers will also get benefited by using this modules as they can set the availability of their products according to the zip codes.
Demo - You can check the live demo here.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.2 --------------------------------------
+ Fixed minor bugs.