It allows the store owners to create sales receipts and regulate their order information on QuickBooks, both manually or automatically.
OverviewBack to top
QuickBooks is a business accounting software that can be integrated by both small and large e-commerce businesses so as to manage the transactions associated with the orders. It enhances the process of regulating the revenue and sales information as the store owners can directly synchronize their order information on QuickBooks.
At first, the admin configures the fields such as Client Id, Client Secret, Sales Receipt on QuickBooks, Initial, Order Status for Sales Receipt, etc. In order to synchronize the data with QuickBooks, the admin will have to authorize by tapping the ‘Connect with QuickBooks’ button. This step will require the admin to add the QuickBooks username and password to log in and authorize it with the same. Once the admin is authorized with the QuickBooks, the configuration page will display the ‘Authorised’ notification.
Further, the admin can synchronize the orders manually or automatically by importing the orders in QuickBooks. Where managing hundreds of orders each day can be a tough job, integrating QuickBooks with businesses can turn out to be a boon for the e-commerce industry.
Account & Pricing:
To make use of this extension, you must have an account with QuickBooks. It allows you to retrieve the OAuth and OAuth2 key required for the module configuration. You can create a QuickBooks account here and retrieve the keys. The initial fee to integrate the QuickBooks starts at $12/month. It offers a few more pricing plans here.
For an entrepreneur, who either runs a small or a large scale online business, it is necessary to keep the order details managed; but is it that easy? If we talk about a small scale business, then for once we can consider that managing order details manually can be an easy task, but what if an entrepreneur runs a business like that of Amazon? It is next to impossible to manage those thousands of order details of the orders placed each day with such a giant business.
Imagine the store owner jotting down details of each order placed one by one on their registers. Also, this shall definitely lead to errors will creating the details. Hence, Quickbooks is one of the best solutions for such use case scenarios as the store owners can automatically synchronize all the orders related information with this simple accounting software.
- Once can place Auto-Sync Orders from the Magento 2 Store to the QuickBooks.
- The admin can manually synchronize the Magento 2 store – Orders.
- Select when to create Sales Receipt in QuickBooks - Order Place, Invoice Create, or Order Complete.
- Select which orders to sync with QuickBooks - Pending, Processing, or Complete.
- The QuickBooks sales receipt number is the same as Magento 2 order/invoice number.
- Sync customer name, email, billing address, order date, product name, quantity, rate, amount.
- The sales receipt of Magento 2 order is exported to QuickBooks with payment method description.
- Downloadable products are created as a Non-Inventory product in QuickBooks.
- Sync Guest customer orders from Magento 2 to QuickBooks.
How Does It Work?
Firstly, the admin has to enable the status of the QuickBooks Connector module in the admin panel to sync the store orders with QuickBooks. The admin will require the OAuth and OAuth2 keys for authorizing and to share the data with QuickBooks. For this, the admin needs to register with MangoPay through Sandbox.
Once the admin receives the keys, the admin can either choose OAuth or OAuth2 against the ‘QuickBook App Integrates with’ and fill in the keys accordingly and get connected and authorized with QuickBooks likewise. Further, the admin configures can sync the orders manually or automatically.
Syncing Orders Manually:
- To manually sync the store order details or data on QuickBooks, the admin needs to tap on ‘Import Orders in QuickBooks’.
- The admin can select an order status of the order (pending, processing, complete) for the import process.
- For instance, if the admin chooses the order status as pending, then all the orders with order status as pending will be imported on QuickBooks.
- With the completion of the execution process, the data is shared on QuickBooks.
Syncing Orders Automatically:
- Automatic sync depends on what the admin has chosen against the ‘Sales Receipt Create On QuickBooks’
- For instance, if the admin chooses ‘Order Complete’ against ‘Sales Receipt Create On QuickBooks,’ then the orders for which the status turns to ‘Order Complete’ (invoice and shipment generated) get synchronized with QuickBooks, automatically.
- The admin can log in to their QuickBooks account and find the synchronized details of the orders on QuickBooks under the sales tab.
- To view the order details, the admin must click on the order number for the respective order.
- Also, tax rates can be added and existing tax rates can be edited or deleted under the taxes tab.
- The admin can easily track the order transactions on QuickBooks without having the need to find the same hither and thither.
- Automatic order sync ensures minimal error cases.
- Syncing the customer’s name, email, billing address, product name, order date, quantity, rate, the amount can be synced with QuickBooks easily.
- Sales Receipts of the order are exported to QuickBooks with payment method description.
- Order placed by guests customers can be synced with QuickBooks.
You can check live demo from here.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
--------------------------- Version 3.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Sales receipt of Magento order export to Quickbooks with payment method description.
+ Downloadable products create on Quickbooks as a Non-Inventory product.
+ Update for Quickbooks Oauth2 authentication.
+ Rearrange configuration fields.
+ Now work for etickets type products.
+ Partial invoice issues fixed.
+ Admin can manually import the sales receipt of Magento order on Quickbooks with products and customers.
+ Auto-create sales receipt on Quickbooks when order placed from Magento or invoice create on Magento.