The module allows the customers to order products which are either out of stock or yet to be released in the store.
OverviewBack to top
The module allows the customers to order products which are not available in the store. These are products which are either out of stock or yet to be released in the store. The customers can pay in advance for products and receive them later. When the pre- order product is available, the customer receives an email notification immediately. The admin can configure partial or full payment for the pre-order product. After doing the partial payment, the customers can simply pay for the remaining amount complete their preorder.
Use Case of Product Pre-Order -
The extension is useful for products which are about to be launched in the store. The customers can pay in advance and book their items to guarantee assured delivery. It helps the store owner in analyzing the demand as well as initial sales of the upcoming product. The module is also useful for products which are not in stock.
Features of Product Pre-Order -
- Allow the customer to view & order out-of-stock products
- Products types - simple, downloadable, virtual, configurable
- Display a custom message on pre-order product page
- The admin can set pre-order status and availability date
- Set the percentage of amount to pre-order a product
- Configure full or partial payment of the pre-order product
- The customer can get email notification when the product is available
- E-mail notifications can be set as automatic or manual
- The customers don't need to pay for the shipping after the partial payment
- Compatible with multi-store views
- Multiple languages support including RTL
- Source code is open for customization
Workflow of Product Pre-Order -
After the successful module installation, go to admin backend. And navigate through System->Configuration->Preorder. Select the pre-order payment type and then select the products for pre-order. Enter some message for the pre-order product page for the customers. Then go to Inventory section and select Yes for Display Out of Stock Products. Now navigate through Catalog->Manage Products. Either select an existing product or add a product. On the General section, select Pre-Order Status as Enable and availability date. Then go to Inventory section and select Stock Availability as Out of Stock.On the front-end, the customers will see a Pre-Order button instead of Add to Cart on the product page. The customers can simply the do the checkout process as before. When the product is available, they can go to My Orders->View the Order and click the Complete Pre-Order button and pay the remaining amount.
Benefits of Product Pre-Order -
Admin Benefits -
It allows the admin to encourage customers to pay for products which are soon to be released in the store. The admin can earn profits from the initial sales even before releasing the product. It helps in estimating the demand for a product and deciding the future prices and discounts.
Buyer Benefits -
With the help of pre-order, the buyers don't have to make the full payment for the product. They get a benefit where they can pay a certain amount at the time of booking and rest can be paid later. They receive an immediate notification email when the product is available.
Demo - You can check the live demo here.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.6 1.6.1 188.8.131.52 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 1.2.0 --------------------------------------
+ Admin can set 0% pay(free) for pre-order product.
+ Changed approach of pre-order of Configurable Product. if associated product is out of stock then product will be as preorder.
- Grouped Product bug fixed. working with grouped product.
- If all products are out of stock There is no further option to buy or add in cart option after viewing details of Grouped Product. Fixed in this version.
- Bundle Product price changing on selecting pre-order product is fixed.
- When selecting bundle, grouped and configurable product out of stock. it should not go out of stock. fixed in this version.
- All logs and exception are handled.
- Remove procedure of overriding file with layout xml.
- when product is in stock and once customer notified it always shows complete preorder even out for out of products. fixed
-------------------------------- Version 1.1.0 --------------------------------------
+ Buyer can order out of stock products.
+ Works with every type of products like Simple, Downloadable, Virtual, Bundle, Grouped, Configurable.
+ Admin can set custom message to display on pre-order product.
+ Admin can set pre-order status and availability date.
+ Admin Can set custom percentage of amount to be paid for pre-ordered product.
+ Using this module customer can pay full or partial payment.
+ Customer can receive notification mail.
+ Admin can set mode of notification like Automatic or Manual.