OverviewBack to top
Product Pre Order extension enables merchants to allow their customers to pay for products that have not been released or not available to ship on the store yet. The customers can pre-order the product and place the order and once the product is available, the customer will receive an email notification. The admin can receive a partial or full payment for a pre-order product. After making a partial payment, customers can simply pay the remaining amount to complete their pre-order.
Pre-orders are used to attract customer’s attention to upcoming products that will soon be added to the online store. Pre-orders are mostly used for products such as- new movies, video games, mobile phones, e-books, audiobooks. The extension is useful for products that are about to be launched on the store. Customers can pay in advance and book their products to guarantee timely deliveries. It helps the store owner to evaluate the demand as well as the initial sales of the new product.
- A customer can place a pre-order for products.
- The Admin can display a custom pre-order message on the product pages.
- Enable pre-order status and set availability date for each product.
- Configure full payment or partial payment (with per cent) for pre-orders.
- Allow free pre-order functionality with no advance payment.
- Display free pre-order note on product pages.
- Auto-email notification to customers when a product is available.
- The Admin can manually notify the customers when a product is available.
- Set a sender email address for the notification emails.
- Select an email template for product availability notification.
- Guest users can also create pre-orders.
- Supports multi-language translations.
How Does The Extension Works?
Pre Order Amount - Partial/Full Payment
The admin may set up pre-order payment for the customer, such as Full Payment and Partial Payment. Set the percentage of the price of the product to be paid by the customer if the pre-order payment is a partial payment type.
Pre Order Additional Fee
The admin may also charge the pre-order additional fee by defining the additional fee calculation type as fixed or percentage and may set the maximum quantity allowed for customers to purchase pre-order products. The admin can manage the customer list page. The admin can select the customer from the list to define the preorder additional fee.
The admin needs to edit the product pre-order, availability, maximum pre-order quantity. The customer will see the 'Pre-Order' button instead of the 'Add to Cart' button. Users will also see the pre-order message, the free pre-order note, and the date of availability on the product pages.
Both registered users and guest users can place pre-orders successfully. The purchase process for the pre-order product is the same as the default Magento procedure. However, when the partial payment is configured, two orders will be created and managed.
In the first order, the customer shall make a partial payment and place an order. When the product is available, the customer can make the remaining payment by going to the Order Information page and click the Complete Preorder button.
After that, a product will be added to the cart, the price of which will be the same as the remaining amount to be paid by the customer. Customers can successfully add pre-order and non-pre-order products to a single cart.
Pre-Order Product Page
The customer will see the various information about the pre-order. Partial payment info, preorder message, product availability date, and Pre Order button.
Pre-Order Configurable Product
The pre-order extension works with simple, virtual, and configurable types of products. In the configurable product, the admin can set the Pre-Order Status as Yes for any of its associated products.
View Pre Orders List
The admin will be able to see all pre-orders received from customers, showing detailed information. The admin can select orders in bulk and send emails to the selected ones.
The module also has a separate section for viewing all pre-orders received from customers. The admin may even inform customers manually of the availability of the product.
Product Availability Email Notification
When the product will be available, the customer will get an email notification for completing the order and pay the remaining amount. After clicking the link in the email, the order page will open to the customer. Here, the customer will see the ‘Complete Preorder‘ button.
Pay Remaining Amount
When customers click on the complete Preorder, the remaining amount will be added to the shopping cart. The product will have a new image and a new name as it is a part of the preorder product. Also, at the checkout, the customer will not have to pay for the shipping again.
For Store Owner
- The admin may make profits from initial sales even before the product is released.
- It allows the admin to encourage customers to pay for products that are soon to be released to the store.
- It helps to estimate the demand for a product and to decide on future prices and discounts.
- Customers do not have to make full payment for the product with the help of a pre-order.
- They have a benefit where they can pay a certain amount at the time of booking, and the rest can be paid later.
- They will receive an immediate email notification when the product is available.
You can check the live demo from here
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current), 2.1 (obsolete)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.4 (current)
05 July, 2022
Extensions, Marketing, Email Marketing, Marketing Automation, Advertising
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Compatible with Magento 2.4.x CE and EE.
- Bug fixed.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with MSI feature.
+ Add supportability with Grouped Product, Bundle Product, Virtual Product, Downloadable Product.
+ Worked with In Stock products.
+ Remaining preorder quantity will show in the admin panel.
-------------------------------- Version 2.1.0 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3.*.
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.6 --------------------------------------
+ Preorder Qty feature added.
+ Added Global and customer wise Preorder Fee feature added.
+ Preorder Order Status added.
- Issue related with 0 quantity fixed.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.1 --------------------------------------
+ Email template functionality added for notification email.
+ Preorder note added on the category page.
+ Preorder note added on the search page.
+ Preorder note added on wishlist page.
+ Preorder note added on compare page.
- Fixed issue of quantity decrease after complete preorder.
- Fixed issue of complete preorder for guest.
- Fixed issue of email for complete payment preorder.
- Fixed issue of multiple quantity complete preorder.
- Fixed issue of preorder button on wishlist page.
+ UI grid added in admin.
+ Updated composer.json as per magento 2.1.x version.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor