OverviewBack to top
Payment & Shipping By Customer Group extension allows the merchants to offer specific payment methods and shipping methods depending on the customer group. From the backend, the admin can edit a customer group and then choose one or more shipping methods and payment methods accordingly.
Further, if no payment and shipping restrictions have been set for a customer group, the default payment and shipping methods can be set in the configuration. The restriction works with both offline and online shipping and payment methods.
Let’s take a scenario wherein you have an e-commerce store and enabled all the shipping and payment methods for the customers. Now, every customer will see all the payment and shipping methods during checkout. But sometimes this creates confusion for the customers to choose the right payment and shipping method for them. Due to which they may abandon their shopping carts. Or raise a query for the online store owner.
Moreover, if you’re selling products to different types of customers such as - retail, wholesale, not logged, private, VIP, you may want to offer specialized payment and delivery options accordingly. So, it is a good practice for the online store owners to show the correct payment methods and shipping methods relevant to the customers according to their customer group type.
- Enable or disable the extension.
- Select and assign specific payment methods for a customer group.
- Select and assign specific shipping methods for a customer group.
- Works with both online and offline shipping and payment methods.
- If no payment method is set for a customer group, the admin can enable all or select specific payment methods from the configuration.
- If no shipping method is set for a customer group, the admin can enable all or select specific shipping methods from the configuration.
- The admin can view the assigned payment and shipping methods in the customer groups grid list.
- Only the assigned shipping and payment methods will be visible during checkout.
How Does The Extension Works?
After the installation, the admin needs to first enable the extension from the backend configuration. Further, the admin should select the default payment and shipping methods when no payment and shipping method is assigned to a customer group.
Now, the admin will go to customers>customer groups and edit a customer group and select payment methods and shipping methods accordingly. From the customer groups list, the admin can view the assigned shipping and payment methods as well.
On the storefront, whenever a customer adds a product to the cart, only specific payment and shipping methods will be visible as per assigned to the customer group.
For Store Owner
- Manage multiple shipping and payment methods in a convenient way.
- Utilize online payment for retail customers and offline for B2B buyers.
- Decreased numbers of customer queries related to payment and shipping.
- Will reduce the chances of shopping cart abandonment.
- Offer free shipping to special customers as per group type.
- View payment and shipping methods based on the customer group type.
- Retails customers will find convenient payment methods such as - wallet, credit card, EMI to complete checkout quickly.
- Wholesale, B2B buyers can view payment methods as per their customer group - cheque, money order, bank transfer.
- Won’t see a long list of payment and shipping methods during the checkout process.
- Will improve and make the checkout process faster than before.
You can check the live demo from here.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3
15 October, 2020
Extensions, Payments & Security, Checkout Enhancements
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3.x
+ Once the module is installed, the admin can hide payments and shipping methods according to customer groups.
+ The methods can be set in system configurations and in the customer group panel.
+ If methods are not set in customer groups, the methods set in system configurations will be visible to the customer.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor