OverviewBack to top
The Out Of Stock Notification add-on allows the users to get notified when an out of stock product gets back into stock and available for purchase. For this, the users will have to provide their email address on which the users will get notified when the product becomes available. The admin can choose to inform the users automatically or manually.
Out Of Stock Notification is a useful add-on for both the admin and the customers of the store. The admin can benefit from this add-on. When the product is out of stock, many customers might be interested in buying that product. Many customers would not be involved in rechecking the availability of that product. Moreover, the admin can lose the chance of converting this opportunity into a sale. So if a customer submits their email id for getting notification about the product availability, there are chances that it will help make a purchase out of it.
- The admin can enable or disable the module for use at the store frontend.
- The admin can enable or disable the low stock notification.
- The admin can also set product quantity for low stock notification.
- The customer will receive an email notification when the product gets back in stock.
- Registered users email id gets auto-filled; they have to click on ‘Notify Me’ button.
- The admin can choose to notify users automatically or manually.
- The admin can view all the notification requests in which product name, notification status, and customer’s email id get mentioned.
- The admin can also delete a request.
- The admin can also configure the out of stock email notification templates which will be received by the customers as well as the admin.
- Guest users can enter their email id for receiving notification.
- The extension works for all type of products - Simple, Configurable, Virtual, and Downloadable products.
- Store Admin: The store owner can benefit from this module by notifying customers about product availability and increasing the chances of making sales.
- Store Customer: The customers don’t have to keep a check of out of stock products which interest them. They can submit their email id, and they will receive an email when the product comes back in stock.
Let’s take a scenario wherein a customer wants to buy a product but that product is out of stock at the moment. So, instead of checking that product again and again for availability, the user can just provide his/her email address. And, when the product becomes available for purchase, they will receive an email notifying them about the availability of the product.
How Does It Work?
The admin will need to configure the module settings wherein the admin will enable the extension for use, select the notification method as Auto or Manual, then enter the email ID using which the notification emails will be sent out. Apart from that, the admin will enable the low stock notifications, enter the quantity for which the product gets into low stock, choose to send the low stock notifications to all customers or only the subscribed customers and select the low stock notification email template. Lastly, the admin will set up the out of stock notification email settings. Here, the admin can configure, notify the admin of a new request, notify the customer of a new request, select the admin and customer notification template, and select the product in stock notification template.
The admin also manages the low stock notifications from the admin backend panel. Here, the admin can manually notify the user by selecting a user and then choosing the action as Send Notification. Admin can also delete a request from here.
At the store frontend, when a guest user reaches the product page whose stock is currently out of stock, the guest users can see a Notify me button and a text box to enter their email id. After entering their email address and tapping the Notify Me button, the guest user will receive an email notification when the product gets back into stock. Similarly, when a registered user reaches the product page whose stock is currently out of stock, the customers can see their email id auto filled within the Notify Me text-box. The customers/registered user will tap the Notify Me button to receive a notification when the product is back in stock. Both the guest and registered users can see a confirmation message after tapping the Notify me button.
Even if the customer reaches a configurable product, and any of its associated product is out of stock, then the user can request for that product and will be notified for that particular associated product which is out of stock.
You can check the live demo from here.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.0, 2.1, 2.2
10 July, 2019
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management
Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
------------------------------- Version 2.0.3--------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento version 2.2.*
+ Feature to send Low stock notification email to customers.
+ Admin can choose the receivers of low stock email from "subscribers" and "All customers"
+ Admin can enable/disable the module frontend functionality from config section
+ Admin can enable or disable the e-mail to customer and admin at the time of the new request.
+ Admin can also select a template for the emails in the configuration panel.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Fully Compatible with Magento version 2.1.*.
+ Fixed minor bugs.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.0 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Buyer can request for notification of out of stock products.
+ Works with products like Simple, Downloadable, Virtual & Configurable.
+ Buyer will receive a notification email when the requested product will be in stock.
+ Admin can set the mode of Notification i.e. Auto or Manual.
+ In auto mode, the notification mail is sent to the user as soon as the product is in stock.
+ In manual mode, admin sends the notification mail to the users.
+ The email sender's name, email id, and the mode of notification can be set in the store configuration.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor