OverviewBack to top
Order Attachments extension facilitates the buyers to add and/or upload attachments such as license, manuals, medicine prescriptions, document files, drug products, etc. to their products in the checkout page. The admin has to enable the extension and choose the "Attachment Required" field as 'Yes,' before a customer of the store can upload any attachment.
As the customer places the order, the admin can navigate to the "Orders" page to view a particular order and the attachment uploaded with the order by the customer. The customers have the leverage to add the attachments while placing the order or after placing the order. The attachment is uploaded in the usual way. The customers can also add the attachment under the "My Orders," where the customer will get an option to upload the attachment in the usual way.
If two products are present in the cart, and the customer has to upload the attachment for one product, the customer gets the option to upload the attachments on the checkout page. This extension is feasible is cases when the document is to be uploaded while purchasing products such as heavy machinery or arms, drug products, medicines, etc.
Order Attachments play an essential role in securing the order related information which may be in the form of a pdf, user manual, license, document files, etc. For instance, these attachments may be a license for machinery or purchasing arms, a prescription which the customer uploads while buying medicines, etc. In such scenarios, it becomes necessary for the customers to upload the file attachments when placing the order. It also helps safeguard the integrity of the product or product information.
- The customer can upload attachments at the time of ordering or after the order.
- The customer can see the uploaded attachment's file status.
- The admin can view the uploaded attachment.
- The admin can set the number and size of the attachment file.
- The admin can select supported extensions for the attachment file.
- The customer can upload new attachments if the admin disapproves, the older ones.
- The admin can approve or disapprove uploaded attachment.
- The admin can even delete the attachment.
- This module works only for logged-in customers.
How Does The Extension Works?
- In the admin panel, the admin will have to define the maximum size of the file, the maximum number of file uploads and the supported file formats (pdf, jpg, jpeg, png, doc, docx).
- On creating a new product or on editing a product, the admin will have to configure the "Attachment Required" as 'Yes,' to allow the attachment upload feature for the customers.
- The admin can "View" any customer's order in the "Orders" page and check the attachment which the customer uploads with the respective order.
- For an attachment, the admin has four "Attachment Status"- approve, disapprove, pending and delete. The admin can apply any of the statuses for an attachment, accordingly.
- The admin has the leverage to disapprove, the attachment which the customer uploads. If the admin refuses any attachment, then the customer can upload a new attachment.
- If the admin sets the "Attachment Required" field as 'Yes,' by the admin, the attachment upload feature is available for the customers.
- To upload an attachment file with an order or if two products are added in the customer's cart, the customer will have to select "Yes, I will add now" option while placing the order or "No, I will add Later," if the customer wishes to upload attachment after placing the order.
- The customers can also add the attachment file under "My Orders."
For Store Owner
- Allow Attachment Upload: The admin may allow attachment upload for the customers.
- Check Attachment Uploaded: The admin can check the attachment which is uploaded by the customers.
- Approve/ Disapprove Attachment: The admin has the leverage to approve or disapprove the attachments uploaded by the customers.
- Add attachments for Products/ Order: The customers can add attachments along with their orders or products.
- Add Attachments for more than one order/ product: The customers can add attachments if more than one product is present in the cart.
- Add Attachments Before or After Placing the Order: The customers can upload attachments while placing the order or after placing the order.
You can check the live demo from here.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.2, 2.3
15 October, 2020
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management, Product Content, Rich Media
Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 2.1.0 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------- Version 2.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Customer can upload order attachments at the ordering time or after order.
+ Customer can see his uploaded order attachments file status.
+ Customer can upload new order attachments if admin disapproves the old order attachments.
+ Admin can see uploaded order attachments.
+ Admin can approve or disapprove uploaded order attachments.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor