OverviewBack to top
QuickBooks is an accounting software package developed and marketed by Intuit. QuickBooks products are geared mainly toward small and medium-sized businesses and offer on-premises accounting applications as well as cloud-based versions that accept business payments, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions.
QuickBooks Multi User Connector allows the merchants to synchronize multiple QuickBooks accounts with Magento stores. Each QuickBooks account can be mapped with a specific Magento store view. Further, the admin can automatically or manually export sales orders and credit memos from the online store to QuickBooks accounting software along with the products and customers’ information. Not only this, sales receipts for events such as order placed, invoice created and order completed are auto-exported when created on the online store. Likewise, credit memos when created on the store are auto-exported on QuickBooks.
Account & Pricing
To use this extension an active Intuit account is required for obtaining QuickBooks API credentials.
- Click here to signup and create a new Intuit QuickBooks account.
- Once logged-in, you need to visit Intuit Developer for creating Client ID and Client Secret Keys.
- QuickBooks Online offers various pricing plans - Simple, Start, Essentials, Plus, Advanced, and Self-Employed. It also a free trial for 30 days. To get the latest pricing information and offers as per your country, please click here.
The extension is useful for merchants who have large businesses and manage more than one QuickBooks accounts. Further, if an online merchant has multiple store views for global customers, the store admin can sync the sales records with different QuickBooks accounts. With real-time synchronization of sales orders and credit memo, the admin will be able to view the Magento orders at QuickBooks dashboard. With Magento and QuickBooks integration, the online store owners will not have to do the double-data entries on multiple platforms.
- The store admin can manually import credit memo from the store on QuickBooks with products and customers.
- Multiple accounts can be created and the admin can assign a store view to each account.
- After account creation, the account is authorized with QuickBooks.
- It facilitates order export synchronization to QuickBooks.
- Downloadable products create on Quickbooks as a Non-Inventory product.
- Works for Quickbooks Oauth2 authentication.
- It even supports e-tickets type products.
- The store admin can manually import sales receipts of the store’s order on QuickBooks with products and customers.
- The admin can view the store’s sales receipt of order exported on QuickBooks along with the payment method description.
- Auto-creation of sales receipt on QuickBooks when order placed, invoice create and order complete from the store.
- Auto-creation of credit memo on QuickBooks when a credit memo is generated on the web store.
- Disable auto-synchronization of sales receipts and credit memos.
How Does The Extension Works?
Once the extension is installed, the admin needs to enable the status. Select account type as - sandbox or production. After that, the admin will enter the client ID and client secret.
Sync Tax Rates
The tax rates which the admin defines in the Magento store are to be created on the QuickBooks as well to sync tax details with orders. If the store admin export products inclusive tax to Quickbooks, then the admin will have to create the same tax (for the product) on the Quickbooks as well. Only then the products will be exported, otherwise, an error message will display.
Connect Multiple QuickBooks Accounts
The admin can add can connect multiple QuickBooks account using this extension. To connect an account, the admin needs to first enter a unique QB account name and select a Magento store view that will be associated with this account.
Authorize QuickBooks Account
Once the account is added, the admin needs to authorize the QuickBooks account by entering the Inuit account credentials. After that, the admin needs to search for a company, select it and then proceed successfully.
After the account authorization, the admin can configure the QuickBooks account specific configurations. Decide when to create sales receipts automatically on QuickBooks. Whether to auto-sync the credit memo from Magento to QuickBooks. Define QuickBooks account as US or Non-US. Choose an inventory asset account, income account, and expense account.
Sync Magento Orders To QuickBooks
The admin can export Magento orders automatically or manually. From the Mapped Order section, the admin can view all the Magento orders exported to QuickBooks with Sales Receipt Number. For the manual process, the admin can go to the Export Order section, select one or more Magento orders from the list and export them to QuickBooks.
Sync Credit Memo to QuickBooks
Credit memos can also be synchronized automatically or manually. From the Mapped Credit Memo section, the admin can view all the Magento credit memos exported to QuickBooks with their QuickBooks Creditmemo ID, QuickBooks Creditmemo Doc Number, and export date and time.
- Useful for consolidating and combing multiple QuickBooks data.
- Manage global customer’s sales data using store view synchronization.
- Automate the data entries for sales orders, credit memo, and sales receipts creation.
- Keep track of your tax rate data synchronization.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3
01 April, 2020
Extensions, Accounting & Finance, ERP & Accounting, Taxes
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.1 --------------------------------------
+ Added the feature to disable the auto exporting of the sales receipt and credit memo.
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3.x.
+ Admin can manually export credit memo of Magento to QuickBooks with products and customers.
+ Multiple accounts can be created according to stores
+ App authorization update according to QuickBook.
+ Sales receipt of magento order export to QuickBooks with payment method description.
+ Downloadable products create on QuickBooks as a Non-Inventory product.
+ Works for QuickBooks Oauth2 authentication.
+ Works for etickets type products.
+ Admin can manually export sales receipt of Magento order to QuickBooks with products and customers.
+ Auto create sales receipt on QuickBooks when order placed from Magento or invoice create on Magento.
+ Auto create credit memo on QuickBooks when a credit memo is generated on Magento.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor