OverviewBack to top
Note - This module is an add-on of Webkul's Marketplace Module. To use this module, you must have purchased and installed Multi Vendor Marketplace first.
Google Maps is a web mapping service developed by Google Inc, that offers satellite imagery, aerial photography, street maps, routes, and more. With Google Maps Cloud Platform it provides a set of APIs and SDKs that allow developers to embed and use Google Maps services into apps and web pages, or to retrieve data from Google Maps.
Distance Based Shipping Marketplace Add-On allows the sellers and the store admin to create custom shipping methods and charge freight rates based on the distance units. Using Google Maps, the distance is measured and shipping cost is calculated unit wise. The extension facilitates the admin to set distance calculations based on “Google Map Distance Matrix” or “Latitude Longitude”. Display estimated shipping charges to customers based on delivery location on the product page (vendor’s and store admin product), cart page, and on the checkout page. The admin and sellers can configure the origin address of the store, based on which the shipping rates will get calculated. Also, the admin and sellers can set the delivery range along with the shipping rates per unit distance for their product. Both admin and sellers can even set the unit distance either in kilometres or miles.
Shipping is something really important in eCommerce like you’re running an e-commerce business, offer home delivery service, and wish to provide a reliable shipping cost with safe delivery based on how far away the customer is from you. Distance-Based Shipping Marketplace Add-On is essential for the store owner that calculates the estimated shipping charges for customers based on exact distance units using Google Maps API.
Account & Pricing
An additional account is required to use this extension. The admin needs to have a Google account for getting API credentials.
- Google account can be created free of cost, click here to sign up.
- Google Maps API keys are needed to auto-complete the address of the store owner.
- Login to your Google account and get the Google Maps API Key.
- Google Maps Platform uses a pay-as-you-go pricing model. To know more about the pricing and billing details, please click here.
- For more information, you can contact sales team.
- The admin can set the shipping charges based on per unit distance.
- The admin can set the minimum charges, handling charges, and maximum range of area to be covered.
- Select the unit of distance either in kilometres or miles.
- Enable distance-based shipping either for all or specific countries.
- Display error messages for non-deliverable zones.
- The distance can be calculated based on the “Google Maps Distance” or “ latitude and longitude”.
- The admin can select yes to display estimated shipping charges on the product page.
- The admin can select this shipping method either for“All Allowed countries” or “Specific Countries”.
- The admin can upload a CSV to define the shipping rule based on the distance range.
- Fixed costs will get a charge if the rule matches.
- The seller can set the minimum charges, handling charges, and maximum range of areas to be covered for their products.
- The seller can set the shipping charges based on per unit distance.
- The seller can even select the unit of distance either in kilometres or miles.
- The distance can be calculated based on the seller store location, this will be considered in latitude and longitude.
- The seller can even set the shipping origin address for their products on which shipping charges will be done.
- The seller can upload a CSV to define the shipping rate based on the distance range from the seller panel.
- The customers can check the estimated shipping charges based on their distance.
- The customers need to enter the location to calculate shipping charges.
- The shipping rates are calculated automatically (via. Google Maps API) based on the shipping address selected.
- Shipping charges can be calculated by entering the location on the product, cart, and checkout page.
- The customers can pay shipping charges according to their distance.
Distance Rate Shipping Method
After the successful installation of the module, the admin needs to enter the generated Google API key to configure the location of the Store. The Admin can enable or disable to display the estimated shipping charges on the product page. The admin can even set the distance calculations based on either “Google Map Distance Matrix” or “Latitude Longitude”.
Unit-Based Shipping Method
The admin can enter the title of the shipping method that will be displayed to the customers. The admin can also configure the shipping rate per unit, maximum coverage area, handling charges, minimum charges, can select a unit of distance (kilometres or miles), select ship to applicable countries or all countries, and show the custom error message for shipping on non-deliverable zones.
Upload Shipping CSV Data
The admin can set the shipping rule by uploading the CSV file from their panel. The admin can fix the shipping rate based on distance range as they can set Min and Max distance range. If the customer location will match the shipping rules then a defined fixed shipping rate will apply to the product.
Marketplace Distance Rate Shipping
As similar as admin, the seller can set the store location from their panel. Store location will be considered in latitude and longitude. In addition, the seller can also configure the shipping rate per unit, maximum coverage area, handling charges, minimum charges can select a unit of distance (kilometres or miles) for their products. Based on the shipping origin address set by the seller, shipping rates will get calculated and displayed to customers. The seller can also create the shipping rule by uploading the CSV file to charge a fixed shipping rate.
Estimate Shipping Rates
The customer will be able to calculate the estimated shipping charges on the product, cart, and checkout page. The shipping charges will be calculated automatically (via Google API) based on the distance between the store location and the customer’s shipping address. If the customer’s address is not located within the maximum coverage area then “shipping is not available on this location” will display. Further, the customer can add the product to the cart and checkout by using the distance rate shipping method.
For Store Owner
- Calculate shipping rates based on the distance units.
- Allow marketplace sellers to use distance-based shipping rates.
- Create multiple shipping rules and bulk upload data via. CSV.
- Enable item wise shipping charge.
- Customize the marketplace shipping method.
- Add additional handling fees and a minimum charge.
For Marketplace Sellers
- Every seller can manage their own shipping rules from the marketplace panel.
- Accurate freight rate calculations based on the seller’s store address and customer’s delivery location.
- Enabling sellers to manage shipments for their orders.
- Upload bulk shipping details using CSV.
- Set shipping origin address for their warehouse.
- Calculate the estimated shipping charges by entering the location on the product and cart page.
- Get shipping related information for the products before actually purchasing them and reaching the checkout page.
- Will be facilitated with extra information regarding the shipping charges which can increase customer’s interest in the web store.
- Save money by choosing the best shipping method for their location.
You can check the live demo from here.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.4 (current)
19 July, 2021
Extensions, Shipping & Fulfillment, Address Verification, Order Management (OMS), Warehouse Management System (WMS)
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Compatible with Magento 2.4.x CE
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 4.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento 2.4.x EE
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3.x
+ Admin can Enable/Disable the Shipping Method
+ Admin can provide Distance Rate Shipping method for their Products
+ Admin can set Shipping Origin Address based on which the calculation will be done
+ Admin can set Shipping Rate per Unit Distance
+ Admin can add Handling Charge, Minimum Charge
+ Admin can set Maximum Area to Cover
+ Admin can add whether to apply shipping item wise
+ Admin can set Custom Error Message to display if shipping not applicable
+ Admin can enable to Display Estimate Shipping Rate on Product pages
+ Admin can set distance calculation based on "Google Map Distance Matrix" or "Latitude Longitude"
+ Seller can provide Distance Rate Shipping method for their Products
+ Seller can set their Shipping Origin Address based on which the calculation will be done
+ Seller can set Shipping Rate per Unit Distance
+ Seller can add Handling Charge, Minimum Charge
+ Seller can set Maximum Area to Cover
+ Seller can add whether to apply shipping item wise
+ The Distance Unit can be in Kilometer or Mile which can be set by Seller or Admin
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor