OverviewBack to top
Image optimization is one of the major factors to increase the performance of your eCommerce website. You can optimize the images on the website that can provide a better user experience and make your website lightweight. The speed Optimization module will increase the performance of your website and will provide a better user experience. The extension allows you to convert images to next-generation image formats -. WebP and JPEG. It optimizes the images at the catalog and product page which will decrease the loading time of these web pages. This module also provides you with the feature of image responsive pixels that will make the images responsive in nature without affecting its quality, and also supports the image lazy loader feature which results in loading of the page faster.
- The admin can enable image optimization features with the help of this extension.
- The admin can select the image compression type i.e .webp or jpeg. The selected type will result in the conversion of images into that selected file type from its original type
- The web file format will improve product and category page performance by loading the images at a faster rate.
- Image responsive pixel functionality is available.
- The admin can enter a comma-separated list of responsive pixels.
- Defer loading functionality is available in this module.
- The extension features an infinite scroll option for products available on category pages on the website. Thus helping in loading all the products of a category to be available on a single page.
- The extension also features an image lazy loader feature which basically helps in loading the category pages faster.
- In order to convert mass images available on CMS pages of the website then for that, the admin can easily by the help of terminal commands convert the images to .webP or to Jpeg file format.
- Makes website performance and rating better.
How Does The Extension Work?
Auto Convert Image File Type
After the successful installation of this module, you need to run a command - “composer requires rosell-dk/webp-convert”. This command will ensure that the Image file type will get converted automatically by enabling the Image Optimization option.
After running the command, the admin can enable the Image optimization feature and will select the file compression type i.e .webp or JPEG. That will result in automatically converting the image file type to .webp or JPEG whichever is selected by admin. .webp or JPEG format will compress the size of the image without affecting the quality of the image. This will decrease the loading time of the image on the webpage.
Image Responsive Pixels
After that, the store owner can enable Image Responsive Pixels for making the image responsive toward the screen size of the device. This means after enabling this feature the images will adjust according to the screen size of the device (mobile, tablet, desktop). The store owner can also enter the comma-separated list of image responsive pixels and the images will be responsible only for that entered list.
Faster Page Load Time
The extension features infinite scroll functionality which basically enables the customer to view all the products available in a category on a single page only.
Image Lazy Loader
In order to load the pages faster, the extension supports the image lazy loader feature which basically helps in loading the category page and product page faster by showcasing the content on pages first after that their images.
For Store Owner
- Speed Optimization will increase the performance of your eCommerce website.
- Loading time will decrease and because of that, the traffic will increase on your website.
- Decrease the chances of cart abandonment.
- Provide a better user experience by increasing the performance of the website.
- Consume less time while shopping at online stores by providing smooth and fast speed.
- Better performance will provide a better user experience.
You can check the live demo from here.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3, 2.4
12 October, 2020
Extensions, Site Optimization, Performance
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 4.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento 2.4.x
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.1-p1 --------------------------------------
- Fixed issue with defer load js setting on ajax requests.
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.1 --------------------------------------
+ Jpeg compression added.
+ Image lazy loading added.
+ Infinite scroller added.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3.x
+ Makes website performance and rating better
+ Admin can enable WebP image format on the frontend for compressed image loading
+ Enabling WebP image format will improve frontend product and category page performance
+ Admin can enable srcset attribute of image tag for responsive image loading
+ Admin can enable defer js loading for non-blocking JS
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor