OverviewBack to top
Product Variants Matrix extension facilitates the admin to allow a feature to display variants of a configurable product in the form of a matrix. This feature is applicable for configurable products when enabled by the admin, a Product Matrix Variants will be displayed to showcase the variants of a configurable product’s child products (or variants).
The admin may even allow matrix display for existing configurable products along with the newly created products. Also, the total quantity and price of the chosen by the customers will appear simultaneously. A customer gets to know the available stock of the child variant by simply hovering the mouse over the specific variant’s matrix. Thus a customer can add products to cart in a single process, unlike previously, where customers had to add one variation combination to cart at a time.
A UI factor inlays the foundation of the E-Commerce industry as the only way out to your customers is through fascinating designs. Hence, if business entrepreneurs wish to make a mark in the digital world they must focus on improvising the UI aspect of their online stores from time to time.
We must have noticed that giants like Amazon have integrated features and to signify these features to the customers there are captivating designs and colorful patterns or graphs. Having said this, one can even improvise the UI aspect of the configurable products.
Indeed! through the Product Variants Matrix extension, as it allows the store owner to showcase the child variants of a configurable product in the form of a matrix. This, in turn, eases things for the customers so they can view the variation combination in a much-organized way and add them to cart on a mouse tap, thus saving time.
- The store owner can configure Product Matrix Variants extension settings as global or product-wise.
- Also, the admin can restrict the visibility product matrix over the existing configurable products.
- The store owner may choose to display the Quantity and Price of the variants.
- The customers can add more than one product variant to the cart at a time.
- A pop-up, on hovering the mouse over a matrix, displays variant's in-stock quantity.
- The customers can even reset the matrix if needed.
- Product Matrix Variants is compatible with custom options as well.
How Does The Extension Work?
Initially, the admin has to navigate to the configurable product matrix tab so as to configure the general settings of the Product Matrix Variants extension. The admin has to set the status of the module to enable. The admin will configure fields such as enable matrix for configurable products, enable stock notification tooltip, enable product matrix for existing configurable catalog, and show matrix totals. Furthermore, three cases as their associated sub-cases will arise as discussed below.
Cases For Matrix Display
As the admin installs the extension, a field “enable the matrix” becomes visible for all the configurable products of the store. There are three options available for enable Product Matrix field, i.e. use config, Yes and No.
- If the admin sets the ‘product matrix on existing configurable catalog’ field as yes, then a matrix shall display for all existing configurable products.
- It is important to note the following point: Matrix is visible for existing products only if the admin does not save the updates or configurations for an existing product in its product details page, in the admin panel.
On saving the configurations together with the enable Product Matrix field, the following sub-cases will arise:
Condition 1: enable Product Matrix field is set as “Use Config” & Enable Matrix for Configurable Products field is set as “Yes.”
- In this sub-case, the product details page ‘enable product matrix’ fields are chosen as “use config.”
- It first redirects to check the ‘enable matrix for configurable products’ field under the admin configuration > general settings which are set as “yes.”
- This displays the matrix in the product page of the respective configurable product in the frontend.
Condition 2: Enable Product Matrix field is set as “Use Config” & enable matrix for Configurable Products field is set as “No.”
- In the product details page ‘enable product matrix’ field is chosen as “use config,” it again redirects to check the ‘enable matrix for configurable products’ field under admin configuration > general settings which are set as “No.”
- The product matrix, in this case, will not display for the respective configurable product in the frontend as ‘enable matrix for configurable products’ field under admin configuration’s general settings is set to “No.”
In this case, as well, two sub-cases shall arise:
Condition 1: enable matrix field is set as “Yes” & enable matrix for Configurable Products field is set as “Yes/ No.”
- In this sub-case, as in the product details page ‘enable product matrix’ field is chosen as “yes,” this time it does not redirect to check the ‘enable matrix for configurable products’ field.
- This is because product priority is the most. So, the matrix will display as per the configuration set against the ‘enable product matrix’ field in the product details page.
- Therefore, in this case, the product matrix will display on the product page of the respective configurable product in the frontend.
Condition 2: enable product matrix field is set as “No” & enable matrix for Configurable Products field as “Yes/ No.”
- In the product details page ‘enable product matrix’ field is chosen as “No.”
- As stated above, it will not redirect to check the ‘enable matrix for configurable products’ field.
- Hence, as per the configuration or option is chosen against the ‘enable product matrix’ field i.e. ‘No,’ the matrix will not display for the respective configurable product.
Display Child Variants In Matrix Form
The customers can make a purchase in the usual way. If customers opt to buy a configurable product, they would find a matrix that displays its child variants. Further, the customers can add any number of various combinations from the given matrix.
The associated price and quantity shall display simultaneously, as the customer selects the variants. The ‘in-stock quantity’ of the particular variant can also be viewed by simply hovering the mouse over a variant’s matrix. This way, the customers have the leverage to add as many child variants to cart in one go. Also, if there is a need, the customers can reset the matrix and re-enter the quantities of the variants.
- The admin can set a good competition for other business entrepreneurs by improving the UI of the configurable products.
- Easing things for the customers will help convert more visitors to permanent customers.
- Display a configurable product in a more organized way, thus luring more customers.
- Most importantly, customers can add multiple variation combinations to cart in a single mouse click.
- Adding multiple child variants saves a customer time, hence they can involve more in the shopping process.
- Enhances the shopping experience for the customers, making them come back to a store for their buying needs.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3
18 March, 2020
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management, Product Content, Rich Media
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3.x
+ Compatible with Magento 2.2.x
+ Admin can Enable/Disable Product matrix for configurable products.
+ Admin can set the global configuration and product-wise configuration as well.
+ Admin can restrict the product matrix to be visible over the existing catalogue also.
+ Custom options are also compatible with product matrix.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor