OverviewBack to top
Note - This extension is an add-on of Webkul's Point of Sale System. So you must purchase and install Point of Sale System extension first.
For a product, multiple barcodes can be added by the admin with the help of this extension. In the first place, the admin needs to navigate to the product list and choose a product to add the barcodes, under the manage barcodes section. The admin adds the barcode names and assigns quantities to each barcode associated with the product. In the frontend, a pos agent can add the extra units of a product by simply scanning the barcode name associated with that product.
It is always a good idea to integrate fresh and newbie features if business entrepreneurs need to sustain in the competitive e-commerce sphere. POS multiple barcodes are one of the best features that business entrepreneurs can inculcate with their e-commerce websites. With just a barcode scan, the products can be added to cart, without wasting an extra second. This is another perk of integrating multiple barcodes, scanning barcodes do not take much time.
Apart from utilizing less manpower, it is also one of the most inexpensive tools to monitor a wide array of data. Another fringe benefit of POS Multiple Quantity Barcode is the accuracy level that is obtained using this feature.
- The admin adds multiple barcodes for a product.
- Different quantities can be assigned to each barcode.
- The admin can print multiple barcodes for a product in the catalog page.
- The pos agent needs to enter the barcode name to add the product units in the cart.
- This saves an ample amount of time thus increasing the efficiency by reducing the errors.
Firstly, the admin needs to navigate to the product list in the backend and choose a product from the list. In the product configuration page, the admin shall find the manage barcodes section, where the admin can add multiple barcodes. The admin needs to add the barcode names and assign them quantities. Each barcode name must be unique, but the same quantities can be defined to the barcodes.
The multiple barcodes created for products will also appear on the catalog page on clicking the barcode icon, under the barcode column for a product. In the frontend, the pos agent will have to log in and add the cash drawer amount. In the pos product collection page, the pos agent will find a Barcode/ Sku tab.
On clicking the Barcode/ Sku tab, a pop-up appears where the pos agent enters the barcode name. Eventually, the quantities associated with the barcode name entered are added in the cart. If additional quantities of the same product are to be added in the cart, then a different barcode name must be entered and the quantities related to the barcode name will be added in the cart with the previous product units.
- Permits the admin to create multiple barcodes for a single product in the pos.
- These barcodes are assigned quantities by the admin.
- Each barcode name must be unique, but different/ same quantities can be assigned to each barcode.
- The admin can directly view the multiple barcodes and its associated quantities, created for a product in the catalog page.
- It reduces the manual labor of the pos agents as they need not add the products manually, anymore.
- With just a barcode scan, the required number of products are added in the cart.
- A time-saving process as it is, it minimizes the chances of creating errors.
- Easy to implement, thus results in providing customers prompt service and hence, better user experience.
You can check the live demo of this extension from here.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3
04 September, 2019
Extensions, Sales, Marketplace Feeds, Point of Service (POS)
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 2.1.0 --------------------------------------
+ Composer updated as per Magento 2.3.X version
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Admin can add unique barcodes that add multiple quantities of a product to the POS cart with a single scan.
+ Different quantities of a product can be assigned a different barcode so they can be added directly to the cart. Say, one barcode for 6 units and another for 12 units of a product.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor