OverviewBack to top
Twilio is an American company providing communication tools for making and receiving phone calls, sending and receiving text messages, and performing other communication functions using its web service APIs.
WhatsApp is an American freeware, cross-platform centralized instant messaging and voice-over-IP service owned by Facebook Meta Platforms. Users can exchange their messages in text, images, and audio, and share their location, documents, and other content.
WhatsApp Shopping Bot & Order Notifications extension integrates your online store with WhatsApp messaging platform. With an automated shopping bot, the customers can select a payment method, and shipping method, and place an order on WhatsApp. It also enables the store admin to hide the checkout page from the Magento online store so that customers can directly buy products from WhatsApp instead. Moreover, all customers can also receive order status notification messages on their WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is the world’s most used social mobile app. It is used by everyone in all the countries and regions. By integrating this leading online messaging service, the retailers can provide convenience to customers to shop online from their WhatsApp. Further, customers can interact with an automated shopping bot that will be assisting customers and sending order status-related updates on WhatsApp. This way customers will not have to keep on visiting the web store or checking their emails for any change in order status.
Account & Pricing
An additional account is needed to set up and use this extension.
- Store owner needs to set up their account on Twilio. You can sign up for free.
- Twilio Account SID and Twilio Auth Token credentials are needed.
- To move into production using the Twilio API for WhatsApp, the admin needs an approved WhatsApp Business Profile.
- Customers need to have an active WhatsApp account to place an order and receive order notification messages.
- The admin can enable or disable the purchase on the WhatsApp button.
- The admin can label the WhatsApp icon with the required custom text.
- The admin can choose to hide add to cart button from the front end.
- The admin can enable or disable notifications to the customers for various order events.
- The admin can notify the customers by delivering a custom personalized text message for the orders
- This module works for all types of products and guest users can purchase them as well.
- The customer can purchase their order directly from their WhatsApp account after initiating the process from the storefront.
- The buyer is notified of the orders that are placed followed by order events like invoice generation, shipment, and cancellation.
- The guest users can enter their details like email addresses using WhatsApp.
- The customer can opt to pay using an offline mode of payment only.
- Customers can also select the mode of shipping and payment options from the given alternatives.
How Does The Extension Work?
Display Custom WhatsApp Button
The admin can show both Add to Cart and Purchase on the WhatsApp button or remove one of them based on the requirement from the category and product view page. Set label for WhatsApp button with a custom text.
Hide Proceed To Checkout
The store owner can hide the checkout page from Magento online store and provide only the option to purchase products and place orders on WhatsApp. This will help to provide an easier way to purchase the product.
Place Order On WhatsApp
If the customer is already logged-in on the web-store then after selecting the product. The customer can place an order on WhatsApp by clicking on the button Purchase from WhatsApp. Then the customer will be redirected to the WhatsApp application to complete the order.
Complete WhatsApp Order from Computer
When customers are browsing the online store from their desktop/laptop computer and once they click on the purchase on WhatsApp button. The customers need to scan the WhatsApp QR code. After that, the customers can either complete the order on the WhatsApp web or mobile app.
Guest Users Checkout
On the product page, the guest users need to click on the Purchase on WhatsApp button then a pop-up form will appear. Guest users need to provide address and contact details and click on Checkout on Whatsapp. After that, they will find the product on WhatsApp and then can continue to place an order on WhatsApp.
Send Order Status Notifications On WhatsApp
Customers can get notification messages related to the order status on their WhatsApp number. Like order placed, cancellation, shipment, and invoice generation.
For Store Owner
- Enable shopping experience on WhatsApp.
- Modify the WhatsApp button with custom text.
- Hide the Add to Cart button from the online store.
- Enable/disable each order notification and customize the template.
- More convenience to shoppers on the go.
- Guest users can place an order on WhatsApp.
- Receive notification messages related to the orders.
- Choose shipping & payment method through WhatsApp.
You can check the live demo from here.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.4 (current)
18 May, 2022
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Mobile, Product Content, Site Search & Navigation
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Compatible with Webkul Abandon Cart module.
+ Buyer can view order status from WhatsApp.
+ Buyer can request to download invoice on WhatsApp.
+ Admin can enable/disable the module.
+ Admin can hide and show the default add to cart buttons.
+ Admin can show/hide the WhatsApp button on the front.
+ Admin can set the button title.
+ Customers can complete orders via Whatsapp.
+ Guest user needs to provide his/her address.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor