OverviewBack to top
Mobile Number Login has enhanced the login experience for the customers as it leverages a simple sign-in process, i.e. just enter a mobile number to sign in to a website. The admin can manage and control the login types with options such as only email, only mobile number or both email and mobile number.
This, in turn, provides options to the customers as they can either log in through their email id or their mobile number. Another feature of this extension is to allow the customer to update or alter their login details from their account in the frontend. Most importantly, signing in through mobile number ensures a secure login process and also makes the customers come back for their buying needs.
One of the prime requirements owing to the current e-commerce trends depicts that our customers, at times, tend to forget their email ids while logging in to the website, which can turn out to be extremely annoying at times. Keeping the above scenario in mind, the Mobile Number Login extension is all you need as it eliminates the pain of remembering the email ids and the customers can simply log in through their mobile numbers.
Where earlier the customers could only update their login email id and passwords, this extension facilitates the mobile number update feature as well from their account in the frontend. Moreover, it is secure and at the same time ensures the integrity of the customers’ login process.
- Using this module, the customers can log in using their email, phone number or both.
- The admin manages the Login Type of the customers.
- Apart from altering the email id and password, the customers can also update the mobile number from their account.
- The admin can view and, if need be, even update the mobile number of any customer.
- This module is compatible with all the shipping and payment extensions.
How Does The Extension Work?
The admin of the store must configure the enable/ disable mobile login and login configuration under the mobile login tab in the backend. The admin needs to enable the status of the extension under enable/disable mobile login.
Further, the admin has to configure and choose the login type from the given options in the dropdown, i.e. only email, only mobile number or both email and mobile number. This facilitates the customer to login using their email id, or their mobile number or both.
Simplified Login For New Customers
As the new customers visit the website and attempt to log in, they would find a phone number field where they can add their mobile number while registering with the website.
We must note that the mobile number is a unique value, which means, two customers cannot add the same mobile numbers.
Moving on, the customers can navigate to their ‘my account’ page where they can update or alter their mobile number, just as they could edit their emails or change their passwords, previously.
Sign In Process For Registered Customers
The registered customers can log in as per the ‘login through’ defined by the admin. If the admin chooses the only email option, the customer will have to enter the email id to login.
If the admin selects only the phone number field on the backend, then the customer will find the phone number and password field login and likewise in the case when the admin defines both email or phone number option, the customer can log in either by adding their mobile numbers or their email ids.
For Store Admin
- By easing the login process, the admin can enhance the login experience for the customers.
- As per the online store’s requirement, the admin can provide either email login or mobile number login or both.
- If need be, the store owner can even update the mobile number for any customer.
- The customers do not have to remember the long and intricate email addresses anymore.
- Just enter a mobile number, the customer can log in to a website.
- As no two customers can add the same mobile number, it secures the login process for the customers.
You can also hands-on with the live demo from here.
- You get free 3 months of technical support included.
- You can buy 6 or 12 months extended support agreement.
- For issues, please create a ticket or send email to email@example.com
- Free lifetime updates of the module.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3
15 October, 2020
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Mobile, Personalization & Experience Management
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3.x.
+ Compatible with Magento 2.2.x
+ Allow to login using either phone number or email, or only phone number, or only Email.
+ Admin controls the Login Type of customer.
+ Customers can update phone number from their account
+ Admin can update the phone number of any customer
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor