OverviewBack to top
Product Search Via Image extension enables merchants to implement advanced machine learning image detection and recognition into the Magento online store. This provides a better search experience, saves time, and allows customers to search the products by uploading an image file from the storefront.
Through Advanced Machine Learning, the online store's search engine will analyze the image, work in the background, and compare it with the entire store catalog, and quickly to display the products. Further, it also shows related keywords and related search terms based on the analyzed image.
Product Search Via Image extension enables the customers to search-by-image to get more accurate search results and saves time while browsing the online store. The extension brings more leads to your e-commerce store and also helps in increasing conversion rates as well. Through machine learning, the search engine recognizes the image uploaded by the customers and displays the keywords related to the image by clicking on which the related search results get displayed.
- The admin can enable/disable search by image module.
- The customers can search for the product by uploading the image on the search bar.
- The customers can click on the keyword generated by the image upload to search the relevant products.
- Both guests and logged in customers can search the product using the product image.
- A time-saving and easy feature to improve the search experience for the shoppers.
How Does The Extension Work?
After the successful installation of the extension, the admin needs to go to the backend panel and enable the module.
Image Search Bar
On the storefront on any page, the camera icon appears in the search bar near the header section. After clicking the camera icon, the customers can then upload the desired image file supporting multiple file types - JPEG, PNG.
Image Recognition Via Machine Learning
When a customer uploads an image, it is analyzed using an advanced machine learning search algorithm. The online store search engine will examine the uploaded image, then compare and search the entire Magento catalog to find the relevant products.
Filter By Analyzed Keywords
After processing the image file, the customer can view the products and also check the analyzed keywords based on the uploaded image for filtering items.
Related Search Terms
Moreover, the customer can view the list of similar search terms used for the uploaded image. Clicking on the search terms/keywords, the customer can perform a deeper catalog search to find closely related items.
You can check the live demo from here.
For Store Owner
- Boost sales and conversion rates with the visual search feature.
- Increases customer engagement.
- Provide a better search experience for customers and visitors as well.
- Interesting and easy search for customers.
- Helping them to get more accurate search results.
- Improves online shopping and web store browsing experience.
- You get free 3 months of technical support included.
- You can buy 6 or 12 months of an extended support agreement.
- For issues, please create a ticket or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free lifetime updates of the module.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3
15 October, 2020
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management, Rich Media, Site Search & Navigation
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3.x
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento 2.2.x
+ Admin can enable/disable search by image module.
+ Customers can search the product with the help of an image from the search bar.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor