OverviewBack to top
Secret Key Verification extension adds a second-level authentication for the downloadable products. Once the extension is enabled, My Downloadable Products list is kept hidden from the unauthorized accesses and users. For viewing or downloading the product file, the customers need to accept the terms and conditions and generate a token. A unique token code is sent on the registered email address of the customer, which gets expired after the usage. The admin can view the generated token list with information and also create a token for a specific customer.
Note - This extension works for downloadable products only.
The extension adds an extra layer of security to the online store. This is especially useful for those merchants who are selling digital products, online media files, e-book, software applications, etc. Security Key Verification extension protects the store owner from unauthorized access to their digital files or products and restricts only the registered customers to view and download the files. With two-factor authentication (2FA), the downloadable products will be more secured and less prone to hacks or leaks. Moreover, with the added security level, the digital downloads e-store owners will be able to curb illegitimate password sharing to unauthorized users.
- Enable/disable download verification on the store completely.
- Hide downloadable products until the authentication is done.
- Verifies logged in customers for downloadable products.
- The admin can create a token on behalf of customers.
- The admin can mention the terms and conditions check for the downloadable products.
- The admin can view the generated token list in the grid with detailed information.
- Works only for the logged in customers.
- Customers can resend the verification code on their registered email address.
- A token can be used only for one-time usage only and after that, it is expired.
- When a token is generated, it remains valid and does not gets expired until used.
Terms & Conditions Agreement
Once the extension is enabled, the admin can show the terms and conditions checkbox for the downloadable products. On the storefront, the customers need to agree to the terms and conditions as mentioned by the store admin, in order to generate a token for verification.
Hide Downloadable Products
After the extension status is enabled, from the My Account section, the customers will not be able to view the My Downloadable Products list. All the download-type products purchased will be hidden and secured for authorization.
To view the complete list of downloadable products purchase or to download a product, the customer needs to generate a token for verification. Once the agreed to terms & conditions, the customer needs to click the Generate Token button and view the unique code received on the registered email address. Once the token is entered and verified, the customer will be able to view and download the products. Moreover, if an incorrect token is entered, the customer can send a request to resend the token. The token will remain active until it is used. One token can only be used once.
View Generated Tokens
From the store backend, the admin can view the list of security tokens generated by the customers. Here, the admin can view the customer name, ID, email, token status - expired/not expired, expired at, and created at (with date and time).
Create Admin Token
If a customer is unable to generate a token, the admin can create it for that specific customer. The system auto-generates the token with the unique code, that needs to be sent to the customer manually by the admin. Once, the customer receives the admin token, the checkbox needs to be selected ‘Is Admin Token?’ for using the code. Otherwise, the admin token code will not work.
For Store Owner
- Add a second security layer to the online store.
- 2FA (2-Factor Authentication) for downloadable products.
- Authorizes only the verified customers to view the downloadable products.
- Protects downloadable items purchased from hackers and frauds.
- Extra level of security besides standard credentials.
- Unique code is generated, once used gets expired.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3, 2.4
18 November, 2020
Extensions, Payments & Security, Fraud
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Compatible with Magento 2.4.x.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3.x
+ Verifies logged in customers for downloadable products.
+ Admin can create token for customers.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor