OverviewBack to top
Base Price extension allows the merchants to display different quantity and price options on the product page. For each product, the admin can set the base price, create multiple quantity choices, mention varying pricing, offered quantity, and manage stock for each option.
The customer can view the available per unit quantity/price options on the storefront and select the option as per the requirement. With this extension, the store owners can offer volume-based discounts and induce customers to buy the same product in multiple units or in large quantities.
Note - This module will only work with simple, virtual, and downloadable product types.
Let’s take a scenario where a pack of medicine costs $20 for 10 tablets, which means it costs $2 per tablet. Now, if a customer needs 40 tablets, then he will add 4 quantity in the cart and the order total will be $80 ($20x4). But what if, the merchant wants to offer quantity & price options to the buyer and provide some sort of a discount. Such as - $35 for 20 tablets, $50 for 30 tablets, $60 for 40 tablets.
Using the base price extension, the merchants can let their customers choose the quantity and price option for the product. So instead of adding the same product multiple times in the cart, the customer can choose the required quantity option and get a volume purchase discount.
- This module helps to display the price according to the quantity of the product.
- The admin can easily enable or disable the module from the backend.
- The admin can add different matrices for weight, volume, length, etc.
- The admin can add a custom option (base price and amount type) to show product prices in the store.
- Dynamically update the price for each option.
- Separate SKU can be set for each option.
- Separate stock quantity for every product option.
- The admin can decide the amount of the product in that option.
Base Price Workflow
After installing the module, the admin needs to create and add the units for quantity options (such as - count, tablet, piece, kg, lbs, gm). The admin can also enable or disable the base price extension according to the store view. Now, the admin needs to edit a product and go to customizable options. Here, the admin will add enter the option title, select the option type as “Base Price and Amount”, select the required checkbox, then select the unit of the product and enter the reference amount.
For creating a new option, the admin will click Add Value and enter a title, price, SKU, option quantity, stock quantity, select default checkbox to show on the frontend. The admin can also delete an added field or add more options accordingly. The actual price and quantity of the product will get updated according to the price and quantity of the base price option.
On the storefront, when a customer views the product with the available quantity options. The customer can also see the base price of the product according to the unit quantity as set by the admin. When the customer selects an option, the base price of the product will also be displayed dynamically.
Store Owner Benefits
- Display the base price of the product according to the product quantity.
- Manage stock for each quantity option created.
- Boost sales by providing more buying options to the customers.
- Add an unlimited number of units according to their needs.
- View products with their available options along with the base price.
- Select the product options according to need and then purchase.
- The price of the product will also be updated dynamically according to the product option selected by the customer.
- Take advantage of volume-based discounting and buy more.
You can check live demo from here.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3
03 December, 2019
Extensions, Sales, Comparison Shopping Engines
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
------------------------------ Version 3.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3.x.
+ Display price per unit quantity.
+ works for simple, the virtual and downloadable product only
+ Admin can create different metrics for weight, volume, length etc
+ Dynamically update the price of each unit
+ Admin can create custom option(base price type) to show products price on store
+ Admin can also add stock quantity for an individual product option
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor