OverviewBack to top
Note - This module is an add-on of Webkul's Marketplace Module. To use this module, you must have purchased and installed Multi Vendor Marketplace first.
USPS (United States Postal Service) is an independent agency of the executive branch of the US federal government responsible for providing postal service in the United States, including its insular areas and associated states. It is the only delivery service that reaches every address in the nation: 160 million residences, businesses and post office boxes. USPS provides the nation with a vital delivery platform that enables American commerce, serves every American business and address, and binds the nation together. In 2019, it delivered 143 billion pieces of mail to 160 million delivery addresses and operated more than 31,000 post offices.
USPS Shipping Marketplace Add-on provides the option of USPS shipping to the customers. The customers can select the available USPS shipping type at the time of checkout. Once the order is placed a seller can generate the shipping label and tracking number. The shipping label and tracking number are generated from the sellers account for which the sellers are charged. Customers can use the tracking number to track their shipment on the USPS website. For the implementation of all these features, the admin manages the configurations from the backend panel so that the shipping will end up with the expected delivery rate and time. The admin can select the allowed methods and countries.
With the help of the USPS shipping marketplace add-on, the sellers can create USPS shipments for their orders. A seller can link its USPS postage account with the marketplace store and mention the origin address as well. Real-time freight rates are calculated based on the seller location, product size, weight, and distance (delivery address). Further, a seller can print USPS shipping slip, packing slip, invoice slip, and send tracking information to a customer.
Account & Pricing
An additional account is needed to use this extension. The store admin and marketplace sellers need to have a USPS Business account for integration.
- There is no fee to create a USPS Business account.
- The store admin needs to Get API credentials for integration.
- To connect the USPS account with Marketplace, the sellers will need USPS User ID and Password for integration.
- You can check live postage rates and shipping prices for domestic and international services.
- You can contact USPS customer service for more information.
- The admin can enable or disable the USPS Shipping method.
- The admin can set/change the USPS shipping method name that will be shown on the checkout page.
- The sellers can download and print the USPS Label.
- The admin can allow sellers to save his/her USPS Credentials.
- The sellers can set/change their USPS details to manage the shipment of their orders.
- USPS Shipping method will work with both admin’s/seller’s products.
- Allow customers to choose the seller USPS shipping method.
- Fully admin management.
- The dynamic shipping method for freight calculation.
- USPS Shipping method is available only for Regular and Large size products.
- The admin can select the shipping method from the allowed shipping methods and can enter the amount for which the shipment will be free of cost by that shipping method.
- This module allows the admin to select the applicable countries for this shipping method.
- The admin can also select the operation for handling fee i.e. Fixed or percentage.
- Using this module the admin can either add the handling fee Per Package/Per Order.
How Does The Extension Works?
USPS Shipping API
Once the module has been installed, the admin will do the USPS shipping marketplace add-on configuration. First, enable the module, enter the store owner's USPS account credentials - gateway & secure gateway URLs, username, and password.
Setup USPS Marketplace Shipping Method
The admin can set a custom shipping method title to display. These methods differ by the delivery time and days they take for the orders. Further, the customer can choose it as per their convenience.
Customize USPS Marketplace Shipping Method
The configurations also include related fields that must be entered in the admin configurations. The admin requires to select the mode among live and development. The admin can also select the container for a typical packaging type. Configurations also include the maximum packaging weight, handling fees, and the allowed shipping methods and countries
USPS Shipping For Marketplace Sellers
The sellers of the marketplace can also manage USPS configuration from their end. They also need to create the USPS credentials and then add the received User ID and Password under the Manage USPS details from the seller end.
An important note is that the seller can manage this only when the admin allows the seller to do the same from admin configurations. The seller will also add the origin address for the shipping.
Get Live USPS Shipping Rates
Finally, the configurations are completed, and the buyer can now select the Marketplace USPS shipping while making the checkout. The customer can select any of the variants of shipping depending on the needs and demands. These shipping variants are classified by the time of shipping.
Generate USPS Shipping Label
Once the invoice and shipment are generated then the seller will be able to check the shipping slip option under the shipment details. The seller can simply click on the print shipment button to view the print of the generated shipment. The shipping method will also be visible in the shipping slip and the invoice slip.
Batch Download Invoice & Packaging Slips
Under the order history section, the seller can see the buttons to download shipping slips and invoice slips. By clicking on the desired button the seller can download the shipping or invoice slips for all the orders in a single click.
For Store Admin
- This module allows the admin to enable or disable this shipping add-on and residential delivery.
- The admin can also select the "Allowed Method” for the USPS shipping and has also the right to allow the seller to save their USPS account details.
- The admin can select the countries where the Marketplace USPS Shipping shipping method will be applicable.
For Marketplace Sellers
- Sellers can enter their USPS account details.
- From the order detail page, a seller can generate the shipping label using their account.
- The tracking number is generated automatically from the USPS.
- A seller can provide the tracking number to the customer to track their order from the USPS website.
- The customer will get a swift delivery at their doorsteps.
- They can choose the desired variant of Marketplace USPS Shipping.
- The can select the shipping method as per the time and date.
- Genuine cost is available as the shipping calculation is based on weight and distance.
You can check the live demo from here.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
01 July, 2020
Extensions, Shipping & Fulfillment, Cross Border Fulfillment, Order Management (OMS), Warehouse Management System (WMS)
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.1 --------------------------------------
+ Updated according to MarketplaceBaseshipping version 3.0.1
+ Compatible with MarketplaceBaseshipping version 3.0.1 or higher only.
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3.x
-------------------------------- Version 2.2.0 --------------------------------------
+ New features added (Container, Size, Maximum Package Weight, Handling, Allowed Countries etc).
+ Version upgrade for Magento 2.2.x
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 2.1.0 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Marketplace Base Shipping Shipping Module.
+ Shipping Label Generation process now includes creating packages.
+ Seller can now set the Shipping Origin for his products.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Admin can enable or disable Marketplace USPS Shipping method.
+ Admin can set the Marketplace USPS shipping method name that will be shown from front side.
+ Admin can set packages request type.
+ Admin can allow vendors to save their USPS Credentials.
+ Admin can set container type and size.
+ USPS shipping rate will be calculated from seller's address.
+ Seller can add Invoice & Packing slip address, VAT, TAX information.
+ Ability to download Invoice and Shipping Slip easily.
+ Seller can download USPS Shipment Label in PDF format.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor