OverviewBack to top
Note - This module is an add-on of Webkul's Marketplace Module. To use this module, you must have purchased and installed Multi Vendor Marketplace first.
PayPal is the world's largest online payment gateway company that provides various payment solutions to online sellers and customers. PayPal operates in more than 202 countries and it is used by over 218 million registered users. PayPal allows anyone to send, receive, and hold funds in the PayPal account.
With the help of Paypal Adaptive Marketplace Add-On, you can integrate the PayPal Adaptive Payments system in your marketplace. PayPal Adaptive payment add-on allows an easy workflow of split payment to multiple receivers made by the customer for the order placed. PayPal Adaptive Marketplace Add-On supports - parallel and chained (including instant & delayed) payment models.
When a customer pays for an order then money goes to the admin and after that, the admin needs to pay out the seller which is a long and cumbersome process. But this add-on features split payment functionality which is necessary for any online marketplace, as there are multiple vendors who are selling various categories of products. Therefore, when a customer makes a payment, the funds can be easily transferred to each vendor and the store owner. The admin can also use the chained-delayed payment method for holding the vendor payments until the shipment is confirmed or the refund period is over.
Account & Pricing
- PayPal Adaptive Payments is now a limited release product. It is restricted to select partners for approved use cases and should not be used for new integrations without guidance from PayPal. For more info click here.
- To use PayPal Adaptive payments, you need to create an application for integration using your PayPal account, please contact PayPal support.
- You can create a new account on PayPal for free of cost. Test credentials for the Sandbox account can be also be created.
- Chained Payment type will only work when the PayPal support approves your app as per PayPal Acceptable Use Policy.
- For doing an online refund, a vendor needs to have a PayPal Business Account. Also, that vendor needs to give 3rd party access permission to the admin.
- According to the latest update from PayPal, you need to use HTTPS for IPN postback so that you get verified status as explained here.
- As per PayPal’s latest security updates, a trusted certificate must be installed on your server. PayPal endpoints were recently upgraded to new SHA-256, 2048-bit certificates, please click here for details.
- PayPal charges 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. For detailed pricing information, click here.
- Payment will split among the seller (s) and the admin.
- Allow admin to configure fee payer for the chained and parallel type of payment.
- The admin can enable or disable Marketplace Paypal Adaptive Payment.
- The admin will get the commission based on sellers.
- This module will support (Parallel, Delayed Chained, Instant Chained) adaptive payment.
- Supports multiple sellers.
- Allow seller to do Full or Partial online refund.
- Allow admin to do Full or Partial online refund.
- Supports PayPal Adaptive Payments API.
- Accept customer payment using debit/credit card or PayPal account.
- Set a custom payment method title.
- Select the applicable countries for the payment.
How Does The Extension Works?
PayPal Parallel Payment To Multiple Receivers
The add-on features a parallel payment option in which the payment is sent to multiple receivers at a time. Also, from here the admin can set the option for deducting the fee charged by payment gateway by whom i.e by the customer itself or by each receiver when the order is placed successfully.
PayPal Chained Payment - Instant/Delayed
The add-on features chained adaptive payment type functionality in which the payment made by the customers goes to a primary receiver only. After receiving the payment the receiver takes the share of the payment and pays the rest to one or more secondary receivers. Admin can select either Instant or Delayed payment type. Also when payment type is chained, the admin can select whether the payment gateway fee to be deducted by the primary receiver or each receiver.
Accept Customer Payment Via. Card/PayPal Account
The customer during checkout can select the PayPal as payment method & place the order. After that, the customer will be redirected to the PayPal website, where he/she will enter its PayPal login details or pay using debit/card. Once the payment is confirmed, the customer will be automatically redirected to the store.
Online Refund Via. PayPal
After placing the order by the customer, the admin can easily from the backend panel look upon the order details, can check the detailed transaction done & can even get the information regarding the payment done is instant or delayed payment. Also, the admin as well as seller can easily refund the order online.
Security & PCI Compliance
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of 12 requirements that all businesses who handle credit/debit card payments must comply with. It provides business best practice guidelines to establish a "minimum security standard". PayPal has achieved PCI DSS compliance certification under various programs and standards. PayPal is committed to secure as well as protect a customer's financial data. For additional information, you may visit the PayPal Safety & Security and PayPal Privacy Statement page.
For Store Admin
- It will allow the marketplace owners to hold vendor payments and release them later.
- It is also useful for managing multiple vendor payments in order.
- The payment will be automatically split to the vendors and the admin.
For Marketplace Sellers
- Get a faster payout for the product sold.
- Allow sellers to do online refunds.
- PayPal is the best solution for receiving online payments from customers.
- Due to its credibility and security, online users prefer to use PayPal for sending and receiving online payments all over the world.
- Option to make payment via. card or PayPal account.
You can check the live demo from here.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.1 (obsolete)
26 June, 2020
Extensions, Payments & Security, Checkout Enhancements, Payment Integration
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Updated according marketplace 3.0.x version
-------------------------------- Version 2.1.0 --------------------------------------
+ Updated according to Magento 2.3.x and marketplace 2.2.x version
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.2 --------------------------------------
+ Updated composer.json as per Magento 2.2.x version.
+ Updated according to Magento 2.2.x and marketplace 2.1.x version
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.1 --------------------------------------
- Fixed issues according to Magento 2.1.0
+ Updated composer.json file
+ Payment will be split between seller and admin.
+ Admin can enable or disable this payment gateway.
+ Admin will get the commission based on sellers.
+ This module will support (Parallel, Delayed Chained, Instant Chained )
+ Multiple seller support found.
+ Only PayPal API support found.
+ Proper Paypal Id validation, seller can only set his valid PayPal id
+ Allow seller and admin to refund online
+ Now Seller and Admin both can do online Partial/full refund to the buyer in
chained and parallel both types of payment.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor