Using this module, the marketplace sellers can assign multiple sources for their products, set quantity, and select a source during shipment creation.
OverviewBack to top
Note - This module is an add-on of Webkul's Marketplace Module. To use this module, you must have purchased and installed Multi Vendor Marketplace first.
With the help of Multi Source Inventory Marketplace Add-On extension, the store admin can create multiple sources and assign stock to these sources, accordingly. These sources are visible to the sellers in the new product creation page.
The seller will have to choose from the admin created sources and assign stock and set the quantity to these sources in the new product creation page.
This way, as the customer places an order, the seller has the leverage to deliver the product/ order from the selected warehouse/ source, which is closest to the customer's location.
MSI (or Multi Source Inventory) management system is a significant aspect of any e-commerce business. Reason being, the multiple sources created at different locations for storing products physically, help the sellers ship the order from the warehouse near to the customer's location.
Apart from this, through MSI, online merchants can cover a larger geographical area to reach out to more and more customers, directly affecting the growth, in terms of conversion rates, positively.
In the era, where the buying process has drastically shifted from offline to online, customers have laid high expectations with the online stores in terms of timely order delivery.
Giant online marketplaces such as Amazon, Target, or Walmart offer next day delivery to customers from any location. A customer can choose the option of the next day delivery by paying some extra money and receive the order the very next day. But, what if these marketplaces only had one warehouse located in California and the customer is based in Florida? Well, somewhere next to impossible! Therefore, with the concept of MSI system, online sellers can now create multiple sources so that the products are fetched and delivered from the source which is closest to the customer's location, in turn, creating a happy customer.
- The MSI feature shall be enabled in the seller end once the admin creates multiple sources in the admin panel.
- The MSI option is visible to the seller while creating a product, under which the seller can enter a quantity.
- The seller can choose a source even while creating a shipment for the order.
- The MSI initiates enhanced inventory management at the seller's end.
- MSI facilitates product delivery to the customers from the source/ warehouse which is nearest to the customer.
How Does It Work?
The admin, in the admin end, create sources or warehouses by configuring the general details, address of the warehouse, and the contact information. The admin can manage and edit any relevant information of a warehouse whenever there is a need.
In the seller end, the admin created sources are visible in the new product creation page under "Assign Sources." The seller will have to select the causes and tap on the 'Assign Stock' to add the sources.
The sources chosen by the seller selects display under "Assign sources" in the new product creation page. The seller needs to alter the "Source Item Status" value, which is 'Out of Stock' to 'In Stock.' Also, the seller will have to assign a quantity to the sources. These sources will be visible under "Order Information," while creating the shipment for the order.
For Store Owner:
- One Store, Different Warehouses - Through MSI, the admin can cover a larger geographical area by creating multiple sources, which in turn is profitable in terms of sales conversions.
- Sources at Different Locations - The warehouses are located at different locations, the seller ships the order from the warehouse, which is closest to the customer's location.
For Marketplace Sellers:
- Inventory Management Made Better - Through MSI the sellers can manage their product inventories in a much effective way.
- Economical, in terms of Labour and Transportation Costs - As the seller delivers the order from the nearest warehouse to the customer, it leads to reduced labor and transportation cost.
- A Substitute, in the Out of Stock Situations - If in case, a source runs out of stock for any product, the product can be delivered from an alternate source.
- Express Delivery - MSI ensures comparatively faster delivery of the order to the customers.
- Just in Time Order Arrival - MSI proves to be a boon at times when the customer needs the product delivery at the earliest, maybe on the next day.
You can check live demo from here
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Adds MSI feature in seller section
+ Seller can choose sources and set the quantities
+ Seller can choose source while creating the shipment.