OverviewBack to top
Note - This module is an add-on of Webkul's Marketplace Module. To use this module, you must have purchased and installed Multi Vendor Marketplace first.
Multi Source Inventory Marketplace Add-On enables the store admin to create multiple sources and assign stock to these sources, accordingly. These sources are visible to the sellers in the new product creation page. The seller will have to choose from the admin created sources and assign stock and set the quantity to these sources in the new product creation page. This way, as the customer places an order, the seller has the leverage to deliver the product/ order from the selected warehouse/ source, which is closest to the customer's location.
MSI (or Multi-Source Inventory) management system is a significant aspect of any e-commerce business. The reason being, the multiple sources created at different locations for storing products physically, help the sellers ship the order from the warehouse near to the customer's location. Apart from this, through MSI, online merchants can cover a larger geographical area to reach out to more and more customers, directly affecting the growth, in terms of conversion rates, positively.
In the era, where the buying process has drastically shifted from offline to online, customers have laid high expectations with the online stores in terms of timely order delivery. Giant online marketplaces such as Amazon, Target, or Walmart offer next day delivery to customers from any location. A customer can choose the option of next day delivery by paying some extra money and receive the order the very next day. But, what if these marketplaces only had one warehouse located in California and the customer is based in Florida? Well, somewhere next to impossible! Therefore, with the concept of the MSI system, online sellers can now create multiple sources so that the products are fetched and delivered from the source which is closest to the customer's location, in turn, creating a happy customer.
- The MSI feature shall be enabled in the seller end once the admin creates multiple sources in the admin panel.
- The MSI option is visible to the seller while creating a product, under which the seller can enter a quantity.
- The seller can choose a source even while creating a shipment for the order.
- The MSI initiates enhanced inventory management at the seller’s end.
- MSI facilitates product delivery to the customers from the source/ warehouse which is nearest to the customer.
- Quantity per source and salable quantity of the products will be visible in both the admin and seller end.
How Does The Extension Works?
Create New Sources
The admin will create sources or warehouses by configuring the general details, address of the warehouse, and the contact information. Once all the details are added the admin can click on the save button for saving the created source.
The admin can manage and edit any relevant information about a warehouse whenever there is a need. The admin can also select multiple sources and delete them from the list at once.
Add New Stock
The admin will then create the stocks by providing the Name, sales channel or website, and the sources. The website is a must to be selected by the admin.
Assign Sources To Stocks
Further, the admin needs to assign sources to the stocks while creating the stocks. By clicking on the Assign sources, a popup slide bar will appear with the list of sources created by the admin. The admin can select the desired sources and the final save the stock.
Assign Sources To Products Via Sellers
The sources chosen by the seller selects display under "Assign sources" in the new product creation page. The seller needs to alter the "Source Item Status" value, which is 'Out of Stock' to 'In Stock.' Also, the seller will have to assign a quantity to the sources. These sources will be visible under "Order Information," while creating the shipment for the order.
View Different Quantities On Product List
The admin and the sellers can also check the Salable Quantity and the Quantity for Source under the seller product list. It is not required to view each and every product to check the same.
For Marketplace Owner
- Through MSI, the admin can cover a larger geographical area by creating multiple sources, which in turn is profitable in terms of sales conversions.
- The warehouses are located at different locations, the seller ships the order from the warehouse, which is closest to the customer's location.
- The admin can check the Salable Quantity and Quantity for Source for seller’s product list.
For Marketplace Sellers
- Through MSI the sellers can manage their product inventories in a much effective way.
- As the seller delivers the order from the nearest warehouse to the customer, it leads to reduced labor and transportation cost.
- If in case, a source runs out of stock for any product, the product can be delivered from an alternate source.
- The seller can check the Salable Quantity and Quantity under the product list tab.
- MSI ensures comparatively faster delivery of the order to the customers.
- MSI proves to be a boon at times when the customer needs the product delivery at the earliest, maybe on the next day.
You can check the live demo from here.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3
20 August, 2020
Extensions, Shipping & Fulfillment, Cross Border Fulfillment, Order Management (OMS), Warehouse Management System (WMS)
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.0 -------------------------------
+ Added Quantity Per Source and Salable Quantity in the Marketplace admin product grid.
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.2 -------------------------------
+ Added seller can change the shipping quantity of products from multiple sources at the time of shipment.
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.1 -------------------------------
+ Added quantity per source and salable quantity in the seller product list.
+ Added source detail on shipment view page on seller end.
+ Added translation file.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Adds MSI feature in seller section
+ Seller can choose sources and set the quantities
+ Seller can choose source while creating the shipment.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor