OverviewBack to top
Note - This module is an add-on of Webkul's Marketplace Module. To use this module, you must have purchased and installed Multi Vendor Marketplace first.
Mangopay is a European based end-to-end payment solution for Marketplaces, Crowdfunding, and Fintech platforms. Unlike traditional payment solutions, the company provides its customers with a developer-friendly API and a white-label solution that can be seamlessly integrated in design. It enables platforms to accept multiple currencies and multiple payment methods online, hold the funds in segregated accounts and automate payouts. Mangopay is a brand of Leetchi Group and part of Crédit Mutuel Arkéa. It was granted an E-Money Issuer license which is valid in all EEA countries.
Mangopay Payment Marketplace Add-on is one of the best payment solutions for the Webkul Marketplace. It enables the sellers and the store admin to accept multiple currencies and supports various payment methods like cards and direct debit. The extension will split the payment from the customer to multiple sellers and the admin. It allows the customers to pay for their orders using cards such as Carte Bleue (CB), Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and, Diners (currency allow as per Mangopay) and Direct Debit. The seller and the admin can carry out a full or partial online refund as well. It also allows them to transfer payment from their wallet to their bank accounts.
Account & Pricing
To make use of this extension, you must have a separate account with Mangopay. It allows you to retrieve the API credentials.
- Create a new account here, and retrieve the Client ID and Passphrase.
- No extra fee is applicable for chargebacks, refunds, or failed payments.
- Cash-in (per transaction) for Visa/Mastercard is 1.8% + €0.18 and Cash-out (per transaction) within the SEPA zone is Free.
- You can check the detailed pricing here.
Most of the e-commerce marketplaces follow the Revenue or Pricing Model. This implies that the amount from the customer goes directly to the store owners. Further, the store owner keeps the commission and then transfers the seller's amount.
This is indeed a time taking process as the seller does not get the order's amount. The benefit of this model is that the admin has full access to the seller's payment flow and the admin can ensure that seller provides good service to the customer and the admin can transfer the money.
The disadvantage is that this is a time-consuming process where the admin has to manage the payment for each seller and if there are multiple sellers then management can be difficult as well. So, the admin can install Mangopay Payment Marketplace Add-on if they want to provide Mangopay Payment services to their customers and the split payment functionality.
- Provide split payment to all sellers for an order.
- Enable/disable payment method from the admin panel.
- Provide split payment to sellers for your Marketplace store.
- Allow buyers to make payment using cards Carte Bleue (CB), Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and, Diners (currency allowed as per Mangopay) and Direct Debit.
- Allow sellers to do a Full or Partial online refund.
- Allow the admin to do a Full or Partial online refund.
- Allow sellers and the admin to transfer payment from their wallet to their bank.
How Does The Extension Works?
Setup Basic Payment Details
Initially, the admin needs to enable the Mangopay payment method in the admin panel and add a specific title for the same. Moving on, the admin can retrieve the credentials i.e. client ID and the passphrase to configure the payment method. For this, the admin needs to register with Mangopay through Sandbox.
Mangopay Wallet ID
On receiving the client ID and paraphrase, the admin needs to generate the Mangopay ID and Wallet ID, which is generated on tapping the Generate Mangopay user tab, automatically. Further, the admin configures the minimum and maximum order total and set no. of days after which the admin can release the hold amount.
Manage Bank Details
Under Manage Bank Details, the admin can create a separate panel to regulate the bank details, check admin transactions and, hold in escrow for better payment management and processing.
Hold/Escrow Customer Amount
As the customer places an order, the amount gets on hold for a specific validation time-period set by the admin in the e-wallet for the customer.
Once the validation period for the transaction expires, the admin can easily release the amount to their specific bank account.
Transfer To Bank Account
For transferring money from store to account, the seller can request for withdrawal from the seller end. The seller can request only for the orders for which payment has been done using Marketplace Mangopay Payment Gateway.
The “Transfer To bank” button is hidden up to the set validation time(For example 10 days as set by the admin in the backend) and only after the 10th day, the button appears here in this section of the seller for requesting a withdrawal.
Online Refund Via. Mangopay
The customer can opt for an online refund as well. The order amount will get stored in the customer e-wallet for some time.
The order amount after successful refund order generation at the admin end gets transferred directly to the card used in the payment process.
Security & PCI Compliance
After clicking on the “Place Order” button, the customer will be redirected to the Mangopay payment gateway. Where the customer will input his card details to make the payment. No card details are entered or saved in the Magento server. After a successful checkout, amount payouts to Mangopay Escrow’s buyer wallet. If any error occurs during a transaction then the order will get created with order status “Pending Payment”. Otherwise status will show “Processing”.
For Marketplace Owner
- The store owners have the leverage to transfer the amount directly from their wallets to the bank accounts.
- Full or partial refunds can be carried out online by the store owner seamlessly.
- This module splits the payment from the customer among the seller(s) and the admin as soon as the payment is made.
- For that reason, the store owner need not transfer the seller amount for each order, which in turn saves time.
For Marketplace Sellers
- The sellers of the store can process a refund for the customers.
- The amount can be either partially or fully refunded by the customers.
- Even the sellers can transfer payment from their wallets to bank accounts.
- The customers can pay using various cards such as Visa, Maestro, Master Card, etc.
- It allows the customers to pay in multiple currencies such as USD, EUR, SEK, CAD, ZAR, etc.
- When the refund is processed, it is transferred to the customer’s Mangopay e-wallet or their bank account.
- Mangopay Payment Method facilitates a smooth and secure payment transaction scenario for customers.
You can check live demo from here
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.1 (obsolete)
11 September, 2020
Extensions, Payments & Security, Fraud, Checkout Enhancements, Payment Integration
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Made compatible with Magento 2.3.*
+ Made compatible with Marketplace 3.0.*
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.3 --------------------------------------
+ Made compatible with Magento 2.2.*
+ Made compatible with Marketplace 2.3.*
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.2 --------------------------------------
+ Made compatible with Marketplace 2.1.9 and above.
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.1 --------------------------------------
+ Made compatible with Marketplace 2.1.* and Magento 2.2*.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Provide split payment to all sellers for an order.
+ Enable/disable payment method from admin panel.
+ Provide split payment to sellers for your Marketplace store.
+ Allowed seller and admin to transfer payment from wallet to bank.
+ Allowed seller To make partial refund.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor