Using COD Marketplace Add-On, the sellers will be able to manage cash on delivery rates and orders for their products.
OverviewBack to top
Note- This module is an add-on of Webkul's Marketplace Module. To use this module, you must have purchased and installed Multi Vendor Marketplace first.
COD (Cash On Delivery) Marketplace add-on allows the sellers to offer cash on delivery payment method to their customers. The sellers can create COD (cash on delivery) rates according to - country, state/region, zip code, rate type (fixed or percent), and weight. From the product page, the customers can check the cash on delivery availability using their zip code.
Use Case of COD Marketplace Add-On -
With cash on delivery, the customer pays at the time of product delivery. The customer pays the order amount to the shipping carrier, who then sends the payment to the seller. The cash on delivery is the most convenient and secure offline payment method. Using COD Marketplace add-on, the sellers can set different COD rates according to the regions/states and zip codes. The sellers can even configure products which are available for cash on delivery. After receiving the order, the seller can create a shipment, print shipping slip, invoice slip, and send tracking details to the customer.
Features of COD Marketplace Add-On -
- Enable or disable COD marketplace payment method.
- Set the payment method title for the front-end.
- Set the cash on delivery label for order.
- Show cash on delivery description in the shopping cart.
- Enable security CAPTCHA during the payment method selection.
- The admin can set the minimum and maximum order total.
- The admin can select the applicable countries for COD marketplace.
- The admin can set the new order status for COD orders.
- Configure which products are available for COD.
- Create multiple COD rates according to the country, state/region, zip code, and weight.
- Set COD rate type as - fixed or percent based.
- The sellers can view and manage COD orders separately.
- COD rates are calculated based on per product.
- The admin can manage its own COD rates from the back-end.
- The seller can pay admin commission after receiving payment.
- The admin can notify seller with a comment for the pending commission.
- The admin can view the detailed seller's cash on delivery report.
- The customers can check the COD availability from the product page.
Work Flow of COD Marketplace Add-On -
After installing this module, the admin will do the COD Marketplace add-on configuration. The admin will set the title, description, minimum and maximum order total etc.
On the seller end, the sellers will create COD rates according to the country, state/region, zip code, and weight. Then, the seller needs to enable 'cash on delivery' option for each product.
Now, on the product page, the customer will enter its zip code for checking the COD availability. After that, the customer will select the available shipping method and 'Cash on Delivery Marketplace' as the payment method.
When the order is placed, the sellers can check the order from 'Marketplace>My Cash On Delivery Orders'. The seller can now create shipment, print shipping slip, invoice slip, and send tracking information to the customer.
The customer will receive the product and will pay to the shipping company. After receiving the payment, the seller will pay the admin commission.
Benefits of COD Marketplace Add-On -
The cash on delivery is the most convenient and secure mode of payment. It allows customers to hold the money until the product is delivered to the shipping address. The customer can open and check the package and then pay to the delivery guy. Using, COD Marketplace add-on, the sellers will be able to manage the COD orders easily.
Demo - You can check the live demo here.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.6 1.6.1 126.96.36.199 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 1.0.1 --------------------------------------
+ Code Standardised.
+ Created package.xml
+ Fully Admin Management.
+ Allow admin to activate this payment option
+ Allow admin to add Cash On Delivery description and label to display on frontend.
+ Allow admin to enable captcha on payment section during checkout.
+ Allow admin to add his own COD rates for his product.
+ Allow seller to add his own COD rates.
+ Allow seller to add additional information like vat/tax etc that will display on invoice/shipment/credit memo pdf.
+ Allow seller/admin to enable COD on products.
+ Available Fixed or Percentage types of rate for calculating COD charges.
+ Apply COD charges on based per product.
+ Order will be managed by seller.
+ Allow Seller to create invoice,shipment,credit memo for his portion of the order.
+ Pay admin commission after collecting payment from buyer by seller.
+ Allow admin to see seller Cash On Delivery report on admin panel.
+ Allow seller to cancel his portion of the order.
+ Allow seller to print pdf for invoice, shipment and credit memo.
+ Allow seller to send order email, invoice email to buyer from his dashboard.
+ Allow seller to send tracking information to buyer from his dashboard.
+ Allow admin to manage their COD orders.
+ Allow admin to create invoice, shipment, credit memo for his portion of the order.
+ Allow admin to cancel his portion of the order