OverviewBack to top
Note - This module is an add-on of Webkul's Marketplace Module. To use this module, you must have purchased and installed Multi Vendor Marketplace first.
Braintree, a division of PayPal, is a company based in the United States that specializes in mobile and web payment solutions for e-commerce companies. It enables merchants in more than 45 countries worldwide to accept and process payments in more than 130 currencies. Braintree provides commerce tools that merchants need to minimize security concerns, expand globally, and enable new commerce experiences.
Braintree Payment Marketplace Add-On allows the seller to provide Braintree Payment for their customers. The extension is designed to simplify the payment process for the online marketplace. Using this, customers can do the transaction with a reliable and secure payment gateway. This enables the customers to make online payments without redirecting to the payment gateway site and can pay using their credit card details while staying on the store page. Braintree payment marketplace module allows the admin to enable and configure the Braintree payment method for the seller's products. Braintree payment marketplace module provides an easy refund process to their customers. This module has an escrow method which makes refund transactions more simple. Also, the admin can put payments made by customers on hold in escrow for a certain period of time. The admin can cancel a payment transaction using the Void option available in the admin panel. Once the transaction is Cancelled the payment is refunded to the customer's account. By enabling the vault, the admin can store the customer's information.
Most of the marketplace follows the Revenue or Pricing Model in which the amount from the customer goes directly to the admin (store owner). The admin keeps the commission and then transfers the seller's amount. But it is a time-consuming process. And if the number of sellers is very high then it is very difficult to manage the payment of all the sellers. But with the help of Braintree Payment Marketplace Add-On, the amount will be split between the admin and the seller. This module simplifies the payment process for the online marketplace. With Braintree Payment Gateway, the customer receives the leverage of third-party integrations, fraud detection rules, integration support, recurring billing, phone, and email support, etc.
Account & Pricing
An additional account is needed to use this extension. The store admin and marketplace sellers must have the Braintree Business Account.
- Braintree does not have setup fees or monthly charges.
- The store admin needs to get Braintree API credentials for integration.
- You can create a free Sandbox Account and Live/Production Account.
- Pricing and fees charged by Braintree Payment Solutions are economical, you can find more about the latest rates here.
- Standard pricing is 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction fee.
- Merchants will be responsible for chargebacks, though, which come with a reasonable $15 fee.
- You can contact Braintree sales team for more information.
- Allow all types of cards supported by the Braintree.
- Latest Braintree Drop-in UI used for the checkout page.
- Fully PCI-Compliant, no card details submitted to the client’s server.
- The admin can enable the vault to store card details.
- Customers can re-use card details if saved in the vault.
- The admin can enable escrow seller funds to release in the future.
- The admin can set to release the escrow amount automatically (using cron, will execute daily at 1 am).
- The admin can define when to release the escrow amount in the number of days.
- The admin can also manually release an escrowed amount for a particular transaction in the order.
- The admin can refund the invoice amount.
- The admin can partially refund the invoice amount.
- Enable/disable payment method from the admin panel.
- The seller can refund Braintree transactions online.
- The seller can also partially refund the order.
- The payment automatically splits to sellers at the time of checkout
- The seller can become a sub-merchant by providing details, and able to receive funds if payment is done by Marketplace Braintree Payment Method.
- Braintree uses webhooks to check the sub-merchant status and update the seller accordingly and to inform the seller about transaction disbursement, cancel, or any dispute.
How Does The Extension Works?
Setup Braintree API Integration
Before managing the module configurations, the store admin must generate the API credentials that are required to integrate the Braintree payment gateway to their store. The credentials may include Account ID, Merchant ID, Public Key, Private Key, and Tokenization key. The store owner must have selected the environment for the account.
Braintree Payment Gateway For Marketplace
Once the API credentials are generated, the admin can now manage the module configurations. The admin will navigate to the configurations, there all the module related details that will be added. It may include the title of the payment method visible to the customers, API credentials, applicable countries, escrow settings, etc.
The admin can also manage either the approval is required for sharing the amount with the seller or not. The cron setup is applied to process the release of the amount automatically, otherwise, the payments will be shared manually. The admin can also enter the number of days after which the payment will be released. The admin can hold the amount for a maximum of 30 days.
Braintree Vendor Account Details
Sellers need to manage the vendor account by providing the business and funding information under the Braintree Vendor Account Details. The seller needs to provide basic information like the first name, last name, email, and phone number. The seller can also register as a business. The funding information includes description, account number, and routing number. Further, they also need to provide the address.
Supports Various Cards
Once the module is enabled from the backend, it will be visible to the buyer under the payment sections. The transactions completed by the customers will be visible to the admin using the Braintree account number.
No Redirection Or Pop Up
Once the customer enters the card details, it is verified, and then the Authorize and Pay button appears, clicking after which the order is placed. The customers are not redirected to another website or any popup appears on the screen. The complete checkout process happens securely over the marketplace website, without storing any sensitive confidential information.
Online Refund Via. Braintree
If the refund is generated by the customer, it can be processed from both the seller and admin end. They can generate a credit memo and can enter the adjustment fee, adjustment shipping, and can even refund shipping as well.
Braintree Webhooks For Marketplace
Firstly, webhooks are real-time notifications that alert you whenever an automated event occurs in our system. Braintree payment gateway provides Webhook i.e “sub-merchant account approved, sub-merchant account declined, transaction disbursed, disbursement, disbursement exception, dispute opened, dispute lost, dispute won”.
Security & PCI Compliance
At Braintree, the security of data is highly important and they take security vulnerabilities very seriously. Braintree has taken vital steps to safeguard customer information. Part of the enrollment process includes answering a brief set of questions that will help them determine which SAQ you need to complete.
Braintree securely stores and processes card data. Integrating does not automatically fulfill the PCI compliance requirements. It is still required to complete an annual SAQ to be PCI compliant. Braintree environment meets the highest industry standards and guidelines like level 1 PCI compliant, industry recognition, no prohibited data storage, data encryption via the Braintree Vault, authentication & session management, activity monitoring, and testing.
Cardholder data is managed in the Braintree Vault, using multiple encryption keys with split knowledge and dual control. No customer data will get stored over the Magento server. Also, Braintree requires users to authenticate every time they log into the control panel. Passwords are never stored directly in the database. Braintree is a validated Level 1 PCI DSS compliant service provider.
For Store Admin
- This payment module splits the payment from the customer among the sellers and the admin at the time of making the payment.
- The admin does not have to transfer the seller's amount for each order which saves a lot of time and energy.
- The admin can hold the payment for some specified days.
For Marketplace Sellers
- The seller both can refund the invoiced amount.
- And both have the option to partially refund the amount as well.
- The seller gets the payment at the time of making the payment.
- Using this module customers can do the transaction with a reliable and secure payment gateway.
- And it also provides an easy refund process to their customers.
- None of the customer's sensitive card details are stored by this payment module.
You can check live demo from here
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.1, 2.3
26 June, 2020
Extensions, Payments & Security, Fraud, Checkout Enhancements, Payment Integration
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.0 --------------------------------------
- Fix critical Bugs/Issues
+ Compatible with Marketplace 2.3.x
-------------------------------- Version 2.1.0 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3.x
+ Compatible with Marketplace 2.3.x
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.1 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento version 2.2.X and MP 2.1.1
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Accept credit cards that Braintree supports
+ latest Braintree drop-in UI used for checkout page
+ Fully PCI Compliant, no card details submitted to the client-server
+ admin can enable vault to store card details to the vault, so that customer can re-use the details
+ admin can enable escrow seller fund to release in future
+ admin can set to release escrow amount automatically(using cron, will execute daily at 1 am)
+ admin can define when to release escrow amount in days
+ admin can also manually release escrowed amount for a particular transaction in the order
+ admin can refund the invoiced amount.
+ admin can refund invoiced amount partially
+ Enable/disable payment method from admin panel
+ Enable vault to store information of the buyer
+ seller can refund Braintree transactions online
+ seller can partially refund the order
+ payment automatically slits to sellers at the time of checkout
+ seller can become sub-merchant by providing some details, to be able to receive funds if payment is done by marketplace Braintree payment method
+ Braintree hooks are used to check the sub-merchant status and update seller accordingly
+ other hooks are also used to inform seller about transaction disbursement, cancel or any dispute
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor