OverviewBack to top
Note: This module is an add-on of Webkul's Marketplace Module. To use this module, you must have installed Webkul's Multi Vendor Marketplace first.
Amazon S3 stands for Amazon Simple Storage Service S3, which is a cloud computing web service offered by Amazon through AWS(Amazon Web Service). Amazon S3 works on CDN(Content Delivery Network), which stores multiple copies of content on strategically distributed servers.
Amazon S3 Downloadable Marketplace Add-on is a useful module for downloadable products of the Marketplace. This module enables the seller to upload files of downloadable products from their local disk to the Amazon server. After uploading the file, the seller receives the link from Amazon S3 through which the customer can download files from the Amazon server. The admin can set the AWS bucket for uploading the files.
Account & Pricing:
The users can click here to understand how to get started with Amazon S3.
- To use the Amazon S3 service, the user needs to have an Amazon AWS account to use the Amazon S3 Downloadable Marketplace module. The users can register themselves here.
- Initially, when you sign-up with Amazon S3, you will receive 5 GB of standard storage, together with 20,000 Get Requests and 2,000 Put Requests, as well as 15GB of data transfer every month for the first 12 months, and all free of charge.
- You can get the cost for the Amazon S3 Pricing in detail through the following link.
- S3 enables a customer to upload, store, and download practically any file or object that is up to 5 GB in size. The customers are not charged for creating buckets, they are charged for storing objects in a bucket and for transferring objects in and out of buckets.
- There is no limit to the number of objects a customer can store in a bucket, but each AWS account can only have 100 buckets at one time.
Suppose a software development organization sell software from their e-commerce shop. The organization delivers a software bundle as zip around 500 Mb to the buyers. However, when multiple buyers buy software from the store website lacks speed, and the server gets down. In this case, the organization can use CDN service and place the static data on the server.
Here, the Amazon S3 Downloadable Marketplace Add-on module plays an important role. This module integrates the marketplace store to the Amazon S3 service. Thus enables the user to upload files of downloadable products from their local disk to the Amazon server. The buyers will experience faster page loads and transactions than they would in the absence of the CDN. This module serves as an absolute solution to distribute traffic and nearly a requirement to run fast, reliable web applications at scale.
- Working with Marketplace downloadable products.
- Flexible settings to configure the module settings.
- The admin can set the Server(Local/Amazon) on which file should upload.
- The seller can store and download the files from Amazon S3 Server.
- Check the bucket availability in just a click.
- The customers can download the files from Amazon Server irrespective of time and place.
- The admin can allow access to the seller for uploading the product.
- Fully open-source and easy to use.
How Does It Work?
After the installation, the admin needs to fill all the Amazon Credentials (like access key, secret key, bucket, and region) that admin will get after creating the Amazon S3 account. The Bucket name added will be the one in which the seller will save the object.
Check Bucket Availability
The admin can check whether the bucket added is available or not. If available will show a status message that bucket exists or not.
Once the admin completes all the module configuration, the admin can easily upload the sample files and product files. After saving the product, the Amazon S3 link is generated.
The Marketplace seller can easily upload the sample files, and the link files to the Amazon S3. After uploading the files, the sellers receive a link. Using this S3 URL, the customers can download the file from the Amazon server.
The customer will be able to download the product files just like any other downloadable product from the local server.
Note: The customer can download the downloadable product after the seller has created the order invoice.
Store Owner Benefits
- SSL encrypted for secure upload and data download.
- Easy to integrate the Amazon S3 with the Marketplace website
Marketplace Seller Benefits
- The seller can easily upload downloadable products on the Amazon server with few clicks.
- The seller can even add sample files for the downloadable product.
- Instant page load or accelerate site load times.
- Reduce the round trip time of the data packet and thus deliver fast data.
- Deliver better user experiences by eliminating unnecessary pauses and catering to heavy traffic simultaneously.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.2, 2.3
01 November, 2019
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management
Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3.x.
+ Compatible with Marketplace 3.0.x
- Bug Fixed.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Working with Magento 2 Downloadable Products.
+ Admin can check the bucket availability.
+ Admin can Store and download the files from Amazon S3 Server.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor