The Mangopay Payment Gateway module enables the admin to set up this payment method on its store.
OverviewBack to top
The Mangopay Payment Gateway module allows the admin to set up the Mangopay payment method on their store. The customer can select the Mangopay Payment Gateway as the payment method and enter their payment details for payment purposes. While checking out, the customer will be redirected to Magopay, reducing merchant's PCI scope and eliminating sensative payment details from flowwing across a merchant's servers. The admin can view the received payment's transactions details, and then transfer the money from MangoPay to their bank account within the store. It can also handle refunds.
To use Mangopay Payment Gateway, the Admin must have a Mangopay Account. There are no set-up and subscription fees, for setting up the production account on Mangopay. Create production account here and sandbox account here. There are no fees for KYC management, chargeback fees, fees for failed payments, and no extra fees for refunds. The CASH-IN (per transaction) for Visa/Mastercard is 1.8% + €0.18 and CASH-OUT (per transaction) within SEPA zone is Free. You can check the worldwide pricing in details here.
MangoPay Payment Gateway accepts payments and pays out worldwide. It accepts payments in many currencies such as EUR, GBP, CAD, SEK, NOK, DKK, CHF, ZAR, PLN, USD (Beta). Mangopay Payment gateway is completely safe and secure. It has 3D Secure (“Verified By Visa” and “MasterCard SecureCode”) triggered on demand. It has Real-time anti-fraud rules. It follows the rules of Payment Card Industry (PCI), Data Security Standard (DSS) and sensitive details are not stored by Mangopay.
MangoPay Pricing -
CASH-IN (per transaction) -
Visa/Mastercard - 1.8% + €0.18
Maestro, Diners Club & BCMC - 2.5% + €0.25
Sofort - 1.8% + €0.30
Giropay - 1.8% + €0.30
iDeal - €0.80
Cash-in Bank wire - 0.5%
SEPA Direct Debit - €0.80
CASH-OUT (per transaction) -
Domestic - Free(within SEPA zone)
Non-domestic - €2.50 (per cash-out outside of SEPA)
Domestic - £0.45(per cash-out)
Non-domestic - £1.90(per cash-out)
Other currencies (USD/CHF/SEK/NOK/DKK/PLN/CAD)
Domestic - €2.50 (billed in your currency)
Non-domestic - €2.50 (billed in your currency)
For more details please check MangoPay Pricing Details here.
Some MangoPay features are-
1. Multi-currency payments in such currencies as EUR, GBP, CAD, SEK, NOK, DKK, CHF, ZAR, PLN, USD (Beta).
2. Supports international and local payments methods VISA, MASTERCARD, BANK TRANSFER, etc.
3. It is a white-label solution.
4. The user can modify the layout of the checkout page.
Mangopay Security Features are-
1. It has 3D Secure (“Verified By Visa” and “MasterCard SecureCode”) triggered on demand.
2. It has Real-time anti-fraud rules.
3. It follows the rules of Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) and sensitive details are not stored by Mangopay.
The user can create their free sandbox account for getting the MangoPay ClientId and a passphrase. No fee is required for setting up the free sandbox account. The user can create production account to get your Client ID.
A user has to create a MangoPay user and uploads the required KYC ( Know Your Customer) documents through the API. List of KYC documents - UK Example:
- Certificate of incorporation (the full document is required, and is available here)
- Power of the director if not mentioned in the extract from the Company Register
- Identity proof of each natural person who owns directly or indirectly 10% or more of the company
- Identity proof of the director(s)
- VAT number (if applicable)
- Complete and sign the Sworn Declaration
- Directors’ resume (LinkedIn profile in PDF accepted)
- Terms and conditions
- Bank details
There are no fees for KYC chargeback fees, fees for failed payments and no extra fees for refunds. For more details please check MangoPay Pricing Details.
Use Case of Mangopay Payment Gateway -
With the use of this extension, the customers can process the payments in one go. They can fill in their credit card information and complete the checkout process. The money goes to the admin's Escrow wallet in Mangopay. The admin can transfer the money from Mangopay to its bank account from store. Mangopay is widely used by many marketplaces because of its simple and secure payment technology.
Features of Mangopay Payment Gateway -
- Set the payment method as Enabled/ Disabled.
- Use sandbox mode for testing or debugging.
- Enter Mangopay payment method title for the frontend.
- Accepted credit cards - Visa and Mastercard.
- Select the allowed currencies to pay.
- Set min. & max. order total for using the Mangopay payment gateway.
- The admin can view the Mangopay transaction details.
- Allows the admin to transfer money from wallet to its bank.
- Process refund using the Mangopay Payment Gateway.
- Supports multiple languages and translations.
- The module source code is open for customization.
Workflow of Mangopay Payment Gateway -
After the module installation, navigate System>Configuration>Sales>Payment Methods. Set the status as Enabled, title, sandbox active. Enter the ClientId, Passphrase, and click Generate Mangopay User for creating Escrow Account’s User and Wallet Id.
For getting ClientId and Passphrase, you need to have a Mangopay Account, you can sign up from here.
Now, the customers can choose the Mangopay Payment Gateway as the payment method. After entering the details customer will be redirecet to the Mangopay site and after completing the checkout, the payment will go the Mangopay Admin's Escrow Wallet. The admin can then check the payments received details from the store backend.
Benefits of Mangopay Payment Gateway -
Admin Benefits -
The Mangopay Payment Gateway supports various currencies and regions. It is secure and simple to use. The admin can also this payment gateway for processing the refund to customers. The admin can transfer the Mangopay Wallet money to its bank account.
User Benefits -
The extension gives users the convenience to pay using many currencies. The transactions are safe and secure, Verified by Visa and Mastercard SecureCode Networks.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.6 1.6.1 18.104.22.168 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 0.1.0 --------------------------------------
+ Enable/disable payment method from admin panel.
+ Allowed buyers to make payment using credit cards “visa” and “mastercard”
+ Allowed admin to transfer payment from wallet to bank.
+ Allowed admin to refund online.