The Helpdesk module provides a comprehensive customer service for your store, where the customers can create a ticket for their queries or issues.
OverviewBack to top
Customer service is an integral part of any business, the customers can have queries before, during and after the sale of products. The queries can be anything related to the company's products or services. The Helpdesk module provides a comprehensive customer service solution for your store, where the customers can create a ticket for their queries, questions or issues. The module is highly scalable, it can handle an unlimited number of tickets, assign dedicated agents, add different groups & roles, manage sla policies, manage ticket rules, define business hours, create events & triggers etc. Another important aspect of this module is that it also integrates queries received through emails.
Features of Helpdesk -
- It supports rwd themes and its source code is open for any customization.
- It allows the admin to create customize ticket status, priority, type and custom field.
- Multiple tickets can be merged into one from the back-end.
- It allows split thread as a new ticket.
- The admin can create a customer, organization and can also manage tickets based on the organization level.
- The admin can create an agent and can set agent level according to their expertise and knowledge.
- Various agents can be added to the group created by the admin for better management of tickets.
- It allows the admin to create roles for agents by selecting specific tasks and functions they can execute.
- Business hours and holidays based on SLA’s can be set by the admin.
- The admin can create responses for the tickets with custom actions and variables.
- Support center section can be set up for providing answers to frequently asked questions.
- Email integration for tickets can be done for fetching queries received by emails.
- SLA policies can be set for managing respond & resolve time, assign agents, ticket priorities, and set up automatic escalation rules to notify specific agents about SLA violations.
- Using events, the admin can add triggers for tickets for executing specified actions based on predefined conditions.
- The admin can add a custom attribute in tickets for getting more information from the customers.
- A complete and flexible Access Control List (ACL) system which specifies granted access and operations.
- Ticket lock feature is there to indicate if one or more agents are managing the ticket.
Use Case of Helpdesk -
The helpdesk is used for providing answers to customers queries or questions. The basic purpose of a help desk is to provide information to its customers. With the help of this module, you can track and sort your customers' queries with a unique number, and can even assign tickets to specified agents and groups. Helpdesk module enables the admin to structure separate agent levels and roles to handle different types of questions.
WorkFlow of Helpdesk -
After successfully installing and configuring this module, the admin will find HelpDesk menu in the back-end. The admin can view the dashboard to see an overview of the tickets and recent activities performed. The admin can find the following options:
Tickets Management - Here the admin can view, edit, reply, assign, delete and create tickets. The admin can set ticket priority, status, type, and can add a custom ticket attribute.
Agent Management - Here the admin can manage its agents, it can define their roles and functions, levels and can create an agent group.
Customer Management - The admin or an agent can manage the customers and organization information. It can also map store's customers with the helpdesk. The admin or an agent can also create a new customer or organization record as well.
Manage Business Hours - The admin can set hours of operation and provide information about holidays for implementing SLA policies.
Manage Event & Triggers - Events are the activities which are performed by the customer. Triggers contain conditions and actions which can be used to modify ticket status, change priorities and send notifications when conditions are met.
Manage Ticket Rule - Ticket rules can be applied to the incoming queries for assigning tickets to respective the agent, set status, priority, and type accordingly. Add rules to send email notifications to agents and groups. Rules for deleting tickets or marking them as spam.
Responses - In this, the agents can manage the pre-defined responses for the tickets. The agent can set a desired action for the response and manage which agents can use the response.
Tags - Here the admin or agent can view all the list of tags given to the tickets, these tags can be also be deleted by the agents or an admin.
Manage SLA Policy - The admin or an agent can create SLA policies to define response time and resolved time of the tickets. Different SLA policies can be set for deciding the time within which agents should respond to, and resolve tickets based on ticket priorities, and set up automatic escalation rules to notify specific agents about SLA violations.
Manage Support Center - Here the agents can create some predefined questions and their replies so that whenever the customers have queries or need a support in some common issue they can easily read the answers from those support center templates.
Manage Email Template - The admin or an agent can create email templates from here, they can insert different variables in the template using values from store contact information and placeholders for the helpdesk.
Connect Emails - The admin and the agents can set up their email for receiving customer queries through an email, the agents can reply to tickets from the help desk. The customers will get notification alerts on their email.
Activity - From here the admin or an agent can view all the list of activities that have happened in the helpdesk. Any particular activity can be searched or deleted from the list.
Reporting - From this option the admin or an agent can view report summaries of the customers and the agents. It shows information about the total number of tickets, resolved number of tickets, first response time, average response time.
Benefits of Helpdesk -
- With the use of helpdesk, the admin can manage all the queries of all the customers within the store. The does not require any other software to be installed, the helpdesk system will be integrated with the store.
- The admin can automatically assign tickets according to the priorities, departments, groups etc. It will help in organizing and managing the tickets efficiently.
- The admin or the agents can reply to the customers by including a link, image, video or document file to the message.
- The tickets are automatically labeled as open, pending, closed, resolved, new and, spam. This helps in organizing all the queries of the customers. Tickets types can also be used for managing the tickets.
- The admin can add agents, agent groups, define their roles, and levels according to the departments or divisions.
- The admin can create SLA policies for the agents which help in setting performance standards for the agents.
Users Benefits -
- The users get a platform where they can obtain any sort of information regarding their issues, problems, queries related to products or services. The users can select the ticket type, add the subject, insert image, video, link, upload file and can customize message with various options available in the editor.
- The users get multiple platforms for creating a ticket, they can use their email for generating a ticket. The users will get notification emails when an agent has answered to their tickets. The users can also send a reply to the tickets from their email.
- Using support center users can find answers to frequently asked questions so that they don't require to create a ticket for a common issue.
- The users can also keep a record of all tickets, they can view their assigned agent, ticket priority, ticket status, ticket id etc.
Demo - You can check the live demo here.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.6 1.6.1 188.8.131.52 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Allow admin to create ticket status, ticket priority, ticket types, ticket custom field.
+ Allow to Merge tickets.
+ Allow split thread as new ticket.
+ Admin can customers.
+ Admin can organization and manage tickets based on Organization level.
+ Admin can multiple Agents and agent level.
+ Admin can unlimited agent group.
+ Admin can roles.
+ Admin can define business hours and holidays based on SLA’s.
+ Admin can prepare responses with action.
+ Admin can create support center category.
+ Email tickets fetch support.
+ Reply by email.
+ Admin can create Service level agreements (SLA).
+ Complete Agents management system.
+ Admin can create Event Triggers support found.
+ Admin can create custom fields support for tickets.
+ Complete and flexible ACL system.
+ Ticket Lock feature support.