OverviewBack to top
Google Tag Manager is a service offered by Google. It is simple, reliable, and integrates easily with existing systems, allowing marketers to quickly and easily update tags and code snippets on websites that are intended for traffic analysis and marketing optimization. Facebook Pixel is an analytics tool that allows you to measure the effectiveness of your advertising by understanding the actions people take on your website. You can use pixel data to make sure your ads are being shown to the right people, build advertising audiences, and unlock additional Facebook advertising tools.
With the help of the Google Tag Manager extension, merchants can easily configure the Google Tag Manager and the Facebook Pixel for the Magento 2 web store. The Facebook Pixel ID used to integrate the analytics tool into your Magento web store. This will allow the store owner to track visitors and their behaviour on an online store. The Facebook Pixel works by placing and triggering cookies to track users as they interact with the website. By the use of Google Tag Manager, merchants can now make use of the web-based user interface to install the tracking codes on the e-commerce website, like – the Google Analytics tags. Merchants can also configure triggers to fire when an event occurs. An event can be something like – a page load, a tap on a screen, or a form submission. This extension provides a great implementation of Google Analytics including Enhanced Ecommerce that covers all the store pages, including the checkout. This will help online store owners to track the behaviour of the customers coming on to your website and send reports in Google Analytics to track Shopping Behaviour, Checkout Behaviour, Product Performance, and Sales Performance.
Note - Facebook Pixel will not work if any ad-blocker is enabled in your web browser.
With Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel integration, the online store owners can analyze the visitors’ behaviour and make improvements. All the data goes into google analytics, from there the admin can analyse the action on the website. It shows the result in a graph form, including the e-commerce conversion rate, revenue, transactions, average order value. It helps the admin to analyse the behaviour of shopping of the users on their website. It shows how many customers perform no shopping activity, no cart addition. Also, how many customers abandoned the cart and abandoned the check-out process. It helps analyse the sessions, checkout progression, and abandonments. The admin can also analyse the product performance. The admin can also view the sale performance that shown analytics based on quantity, refund amount, revenue, shipping and tax. This analytics will show you how clusters of products are performing on your website.
Account & Pricing
An additional account is needed to use this extension. The account can be created free of cost but some fees may apply to use the third-party services.
- Merchants need to create a separate Google Tag Manager account from here to use this extension. Additional fees may apply. For more details related to Google Tag Manager pricing please click here.
- Also, the merchant needs to create a Facebook Pixel in your Facebook Business Manager. There is no cost incurred to create a pixel.
- To use this module you must have a Facebook Business Account that is free of cost. If you don't already have a Facebook Business account, click here.
- Facebook Advertising Service is not free. The charges will apply to users who will run Facebook Ad Campaigns.
- Easily configure Google Tag Manager on your Magento 2 website.
- Takes less time to configure scripts within your store.
- Track and check Analytics on Google.
- Integrate Facebook Pixel to your Magento 2 website.
- Can add multiple Facebook Pixel IDs as per multiple store views.
- Track standard events like Product View, Category View, Add to Cart, Add to Wishlist, Initiate Checkout, Purchase, Product Search, and Customer Registration.
- Each event can be enabled or disabled separately.
- It can create a custom audience and reach them via targeted Facebook ads.
- It can also target your audience via dynamic Ads. But for dynamic ads, you need to have your product catalog on Facebook as well.
- Easy access to manage the module configurations by the admin panel.
- Measure the purchase rate on your website.
- Measure how many people have reached to the checkout page.
- Measure the add to cart product rates.
- Measure the rate of products that are removed from the cart.
- Measure the activity on the product detail page.
- The admin can select the available options from which they want to measure the product information. Available options are Category, Wishlist, Compare, Search, Advance search, Related Products, Upsell Products.
How Does The Extension Works?
Google Analytics Integration
After the successful installation, the admin will go to the backend panel to configure the Google Tag Manager. Here, the admin will enable the extension and enter the Container ID and save the configuration.
Now, the admin can use the web-based user interface to install the tracking codes on their website, like – the Google Analytics tags. The admin can also configure triggers to fire when an event occurs. It’s all done through the Tag Manager’s web interface. When a user interacts with your content, triggers will be evaluated based on the events that you have specified, and the tags will fire accordingly.
Enhanced E-commerce - Google Analytics
Under Enhance E-commerce, the admin can enable or disable the various option on their website to get that measure by GTM (Google Tag Manager).
It helps you to measure the purchase rate on your website.
It helps to measure how many people have reached the checkout page.
Add To Cart Measure
It helps to measure the add to cart product rate.
Measure Remove From Cart
It helps to measure the rate of products that are removed from the cart.
Product Details Measure
It helps to measure the activity on the product detail page.
Measure Product Impressions
The admin can select the available options from which they want to measure the product information. Available options are Category, Wishlist, Compare, Search, Advance search, Related Products, Upsell Products.
Export GTM Container
From here the admin can export the container, which they have to import on their Google Analytics account.
Validate Google Tags
To check if the Google Tag Manager is properly installed, the data on your website you can install the Tag Assistant (by Google) Chrome web browser extension.
Facebook Pixel Integration
Also, the admin can enter the Facebook Pixel ID under the module configuration. Various store events can be tracked using this module. Each event can be enabled or disabled separately.
Track event when someone visits the product page.
Track event when someone visits the category page.
Add To Cart
Track event when someone clicks on the Add To Cart button to add a product to the cart.
Add To Wishlist
Track event when someone adds a product to the wishlist.
Track event when someone lands on the checkout page.
Track the event after someone places an order in your store.
Track event when someone searches for something using the search feature.
Track event when someone creates an account.
After configuration, log in to your Facebook Business Manager account. Here, the admin can track the information for all the enabled events of the Magento store conveniently.
Facebook Pixel Helper Support
The admin can even verify individual pages and make sure that the events are installed correctly. (Optional) For this, the admin needs to install the Facebook Pixel Helper is a Google Chrome extension. It is a tool that checks the accuracy of the Facebook Pixel and tests that the pixel is working fine.
- The codes on your website intended for traffic analysis and marketing optimization.
- It also allows adding the tags within minutes without the need to manually adding to each page.
- There are several ways to use data collected from Facebook Pixel tracking to refine the Facebook advertising strategy.
- Track Conversions - The Facebook Pixel allows you to monitor how people interact with your website after viewing your Facebook ad. This information can help you to refine and calculate your return on investment.
- Remarket - Pixel tracking data allows you to show targeted ads to people who have already visited your site. You can show people an ad for the exact product that they abandoned in a shopping cart or added to a wishlist on your website.
- Run Effective Ads - Using Facebook Pixel can make your ads more effective by improving the quality of the ads you run, and by improving the targeting of the people who see them.
You can check the live demo from here.
- You get free 3 months of technical support included.
- You can buy 6 or 12 months of the extended support agreement.
- For issues, please create a ticket or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free lifetime updates of the module.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current), 2.1 (obsolete)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.4 (current)
28 April, 2021
Extensions, Reporting & Analytics
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 4.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento 2.4.x.
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.1 --------------------------------------
+ Enhanced Ecommerce tracking for Google Tag Manager Implemented.
+ CSP rules added.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.0 --------------------------------------
+Wishlist issue fixed.
+Compatible with Magento 2.3.*.
+Included the Facebook Pixel module.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Easily configure Google Tag Manager in your Magento2
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor