OverviewBack to top
Google Smart Lock is a feature from Google that saves website passwords to Google Chrome. Using these saved passwords one can sign-in automatically into their website when doing so from Chrome.
Using the Google Smart Lock Auto Login extension, the store owner can integrate the Google Smart Lock feature into their Magento store. The Google Smart Lock functionality allows the customers to save and sync their Magento account passwords when using Magento site on Chrome browser. So, next time when the customer returns to the Magento site, the smart lock will offer to fill in those credentials for the customers. This way the customers will be able to automatically log in to the store in one click without entering the password. It will work only on Google Chrome.
Account & pricing:
You need to create an account on Google. Because to use this module you must have the Google API Key which is totally free and you don't need to pay any type of fee.
The module eliminates the hassle of remembering the long and lengthy passwords of the accounts. Because the customers can securely log in to the website without entering a password. The module allows saving and syncing the multiple passwords across Chrome conveniently. Also, no need to re-enter the passwords each time the customer log in.
For Example – Suppose a customer is having unique passwords for his Gmail, Instagram and Magento account. And, Magento account password slipped out of the customer’s mind and is not able to log in to the Magento account. But if you don’t want this happen to your customer. Then, Google Smart Lock Auto Login extension comes into play.
The extension prompts the customer to save the passwords when enters the account password in the site to log in. The extension keeps the Magento account password saved across chrome. So, next time when tries to log in to the site, the customers no longer require to remember and enter the passwords. Because the extension will offer to auto-fill the account passwords and the customer will log in automatically without even entering the password.
- Secure your website with the Google Smart Lock integration.
- Allow one-click customer smart auto-login to your website.
- Provide login convenience to your customers.
- Supports the latest Google Chrome web browsers.
- The admin can enable or disable the module.
- The module supports both registered users as well as the guest users.
- Allow to save and sync account passwords with the Google Chrome for automatic login.
- Ask for customer permission before saving the passwords.
- Saved passwords will appear in a pop-up display.
After the module installation, the admin can easily configure the module settings like -
- Enable the module.
- Enter the Client Id & Client Secret ID that the admin has received while creating the app from the Google account.
Now, at the front end when the customer tries to sign in, a pop-up will be displayed. This pop-up will display the existing saved accounts with the chrome. The customers will simply select their respective account for the automatic log in.
And if the customer account is not saved, the customer first needs to sign-in manually and a pop-up gets displayed. This pop-up will ask the customers whether they want to save their passwords to the Chrome or not for automatic log in..
- Easy integration of smart auto login feature into your website.
- Securely sign-in to the website without entering a password.
- Sync multiple passwords across Chrome conveniently.
- No need to remember the passwords anymore.
You can check live demo from here.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Webkul Software Private Limited
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.4 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.4 (current)
03 April, 2023
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management
Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Compatible with magento2.4.*
- Fixed bugs.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
------------------------------- Version 2.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Google smart lock auto login
+ It will only work on google chrome
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor