OverviewBack to top
Google Shopping is a service offered by Google which allows customers to search for products on online shopping websites and compare prices between different vendors. It works as a comparison shopping engine where the online merchants can upload their product data and advertise it on the Google Shopping tab while using the Google Ads and Google Merchant Center services.
Using Google Shopping Feeds extension, merchants get an advantage to quickly export Magento online store products into Google Merchant Account. Thus allowing them to generate the shopping feeds instantly at a faster pace. After that, merchants will be able to manage all the product data before sending them to Google Shopping. The store owners can simplify the process of creating the Google Product Feeds for their store's products using this extension. The admin can easily map the online store product attributes with Google Merchant Center. The admin can select the online store category and map it with the corresponding Google Shopping category, or subcategories if any as required and save the mapping.
Account & Pricing
To use this extension, additional accounts are needed to get API credentials.
- You need to have a Google account, click here to sign up.
- You need to create an account at Google Merchant Center, click here to signup.
- Both the additional accounts can be created free of cost, however, to use Google Ads and Shopping Campaigns, you need to pay subscription fees.
- For more information, you can contact Google Merchant Center Help.
Google Merchant Center lets millions of online shoppers discover, explore, and buy your products. A suite of programs, including Shopping ads, surfaces across Google, and Shopping Actions, offer different ways for you to get the right products to the right customers. Attract thousands of new customers by presenting your products to the most popular shopping engine. Using this extension allows you to export your store's products within your Google Merchant Account very easily. It will enable you to generate the shopping feeds at a faster pace, thus allowing you to have your store products at hand in the Google Merchant Account before sending them to Google Shopping. You can create Google product feeds for your store's products, map your store's category with the Google shopping feeds category, and do the attribute mapping as well.
- Store products add to Google Feed using content API.
- Google Feed Auto-update on product save on store.
- Dynamic Attribute mapping.
- Map store category with Google shopping feed categories.
- Many to Many Category mapping available.
- Supports Simple, Virtual, Downloadable, and Configurable, Bundle product types.
- Option to Authenticate the Merchant account of the user.
- The product deleted at Magento is auto-deleted from the Google Feeds.
- Set account id in case of multiple accounts in the merchant center.
- Products without identification number (MPM/GTIN) admin can set as a custom product.
- Individual products can export to google shopping feed.
- Store Product and Google Product Feed Map record grid.
How Does The Extension Works?
After the successful installation of the extension, in order to take the benefits of Google Shopping feeds, the admin performs some general configuration.
Extension General Settings
Here the admin will enter up the OAuth Consumer key & the OAuth Consumer Secret in order to connect the web store with the Google account. The admin enters the Google Merchant Id associated with the account to which the web store products get exported.
After this, other configuration settings need to be configured like - Indicate the category of your item based on the Google product taxonomy, set the weight unit, age group, select the target gender for the items on Google feeds, and some others.
Now after setting up the general settings and configuring the fields the admin will save the settings after that in order to authenticate Google Merchant Account will click on a dedicated “Authenticate User” button.
Upon which the admin will get redirected to the Google account verification. After the verification, the admin will see the Google Merchant Center the account successfully authorized message and get ready for exporting the products to Google Merchant Center.
Here the admin will be able to map the Google Merchant Account attributes with store attributes. So that the final attributes shown up at the Google Merchant Center associated with a product will be the store attributes only.
Upon the successful mapping up of attributes, the admin will find the newly added attributes while creating up a new or editing an existing product.
The admin needs to select the values for them before saving the product otherwise the default values set in the admin panel will be applicable for these new attributes.
The admin from here can easily map the store categories with the Google Merchant Center categories. The exported product to Google Merchant Center will get listed as per the mapped category with the store.
Export Product Feeds To Google Shopping
After performing all the configuring actions and settings and authorizations in the extension, now the admin can easily export the products to the Google Merchant Center.
The admin by just a click can export all the store products to the Google Merchant Center easily. In case the admin wants to export only specific products, so in this case from the product list page the admin can select the products desired and by a single click can export the products.
Manage Online Store Products At Google Merchant Center
Lastly, you can log in to your Google merchant account and go to the Products->List. Here, all of the exported products will be listed here. Now, you will be able to manage all the product data before you send them to Google shopping.
For Store Admin
- This extension allows the store admin to export his store's products into the Google Merchant Account very easily.
- It also allows Google-Feed Auto-update on product save at the store end.
- Can map the store categories with the Google shopping feed categories.
- It also provides dynamic attribute mapping and an option to authenticate the Merchant account of the user.
- More channels of purchase.
- Will discover items easily on Google.
- Save time finding your products.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.2, 2.3
10 November, 2020
Extensions, Sales, Comparison Shopping Engines, Marketplace Feeds
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 3.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Set account id in case of multiple accounts in the merchant center.
+ Products without identification number (MPM/GTIN) admin can set as custom products.
-------------------------------- Version 2.1.0 --------------------------------------
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3.
+ Individual products can export to google shopping feed.
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.1 --------------------------------------
+ Store Product and Google Product Feed Map record grid.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Store products add to Google Feed using content API.
+ Google Feed Auto update on product save on store.
+ Dynamic Attributes mapping.
+ Map store category with Google shopping feed categories.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor