With Fastway Couriers integration you can display real-time freight rates and shipping methods available for customers across New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, and South Africa.
OverviewBack to top
Fastway Couriers is a courier delivery services corporation headquartered in Napier, New Zealand. The company currently operates in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland (including the North), and South Africa. The company has operated as a franchise since 1984, with franchising at the regional and courier level. Fastway Couriers was acquired by Aramex in 2016.
Fastway Shipping extension helps the store owner to provide the best shipping service at a reasonable price to the customer. Although the store owner can restrict the shipping services to particular countries by selecting the applicable countries for shipping. Fastway Shipping API will fetch the freight rates that are applicable to products in an order and display the shipping methods applicable to the customer on the checkout page.
Integrating Fastway Shipping extension into your Magento store will allow the admin to use the Fastway Couriers service for delivering products to customers. Fastway Shipping extension will calculate the shipping cost that is applicable for sending the product to the customer.
Customers can see the available shipping methods at the checkout time and can select a method from the available ones. The admin will be able to provide Fastway shipping service to the customers within the domestic regions only. For example - Within New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, and South Africa.
Account & Pricing
- An additional Fastway account is required to get the API to use Fastway Shipping extension
- The store owner firstly needs to get the Fastway API credentials to enter the configuration settings of this module for its working.
- Click here to get the API credentials.
- Fastway account is free to use for everyone.
- Fastway freight rates differ from country to country - AU Rates, NZ Rates, IE Rates, and ZA Rates.
- Calculate Shipping cost according to the Fastway Shipping.
- The admin can enable and disable the shipping method.
- The admin needs to enter his Fastway API.
- The admin can enter the Fastway Shipping method name that will be visible to the customers at the front-end.
- Shipping Rate depends on Admin’s Regional Franchise, Product weight, and the buyer’s destination address.
Store Admin Workflow
After the installation, the store owner will be able to enable the Fastway shipping method at checkout although the store owner can choose the title of the shipping method along with the mode (sandbox/live mode) for the use of this shipping method.
After selecting the mode the store owner needs to enter the API key of Fastway in order to make this module work, then the admin can select the Weight Unit, Default Origin Country, Regional Franchise, and applicable countries for shipping.
The store owner can even enter the display error message for those addresses where this shipping method is not available and can also choose to show the shipping method if it is not applicable, although the admin can choose to store the debug log.
When the customer adds the product to the cart and goes to the checkout, the customer can see the available list of shipping methods available from the Fastway for the shipment with the pricing for each method.
The customer can choose the shipping method and on the order review page, the customer will be able to see the shipping method that he selected, and then he can proceed to the next step for making the payment.
Generate Fastway Shipment
Lastly, the admin can generate the invoice, enter the tracking number, and then generate shipment slips for the ordered product. Now, the admin will paste the shipment slips on the received order and send it to the local Fastway franchisee for shipping the product to the customer.
For Store Owner:
- The admin will be able to add the Fastway shipping method to his webshop and can provide his customers with the Fastway shipping method to ship the products.
- This module will calculate the shipping cost that applies to ship the products to the customer.
- The store owner can select the applicable countries for the shipping using this module.
- The customer can make use of the most widely used Fastway shipping method for getting their products shipped with the best domestic courier service.
- Customers will be able to select a preferred shipping method(with pricing) from a list of available ones at the checkout time.
You can check live demo from here
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Version updated for Magento 2.3
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Price Calculation for weight above 25Kg implemented.
- Bugs fixed.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Calculates Shipping Cost According to Fastway Shipping.
+ Admin can enable and disable the Module.
+ Shipping Rate depends on Admin's Regional Franchise and Product weight.