OverviewBack to top
Google Maps is a web mapping service developed by Google Inc, that offers satellite imagery, aerial photography, street maps, routes, and more. With Google Maps Cloud Platform it provides a set of APIs and SDKs that allow developers to embed and use Google Maps services into apps and web pages, or to retrieve data from Google Maps.
Distance rate shipping extension helps the customer to check estimated shipping charges by entering the delivery location of the order. The customer can view the estimated shipping charges of the order on the product page, cart page, and on the checkout page which will help them to make a quick decision and will increase traffic on the web-store. The admin needs to configure the origin address of the store, based on which the shipping rates will get calculated. The admin can even set distance calculations based on “Google Map Distance” or “Latitude Longitude”. Also, the admin can set the delivery range along with the shipping rates per unit distance. Not only this the admin can even set the unit distance either in kilometers or miles. This module also provides the facility to add the custom error message for the non-deliverable zones by the admin. This module uses the Google Maps API to get the estimated shipping charges and to configure the store’s location.
While running any e-commerce business, maintaining customer satisfaction and loyalty becomes a challenging task. Low shipping cost with the safe delivery of the product plays an important role in earning customer’s loyalty. Sometimes charging the customers with the same standard shipping rates makes the customers feel unfair if their location is nearby. Now, this can be easily managed by our distance rate shipping module that allows the store owner to calculate shipping charges based on the delivery distance from the admin’s store to the customer’s location.
Account & Pricing
An additional account is required to use this extension. The admin needs to have a Google account for getting API credentials.
- Google account can be created free of cost, click here to signup.
- Google Maps API keys are needed to auto-complete the address of the store owner.
- Login to your Google account and get the Google Maps API Key.
- Google Maps Platform uses a pay-as-you-go pricing model. To know more about the pricing and billing details, please click here.
- For more information, you can contact sales team.
- The admin can enable/disable the distance rate shipping method for their products.
- Shipping origin address can be set by the admin, based on which the calculations will be done.
- The shipping rates per unit distance can be set by the admin.
- The admin can set to apply the shipping rate item wise.
- The unit distance set by the admin can be in kilometer or mile.
- Also, the admin can add a handling charge, minimum charge.
- The maximum area to cover can be set by the admin.
- Also, the admin can set a custom error message to display if shipping not applicable.
- The admin can enable to display estimated shipping rates on product pages.
- Also, the admin can set distance calculations based on “Google Map distance matrix” or “latitude longitude”.
How Does The Extension Works?
Google Maps API
After the successful installation of the module, the admin needs to enter the generated Google API key to configure the location of the store. The admin can enable customers to view the estimated shipping charges on the product page.
Calculate Distance Based On
The distance calculations based on “Google Map Distance Matrix” or “Latitude Longitude” can be set by the admin.
Customize Distance Rate Shipping Method
Here, the admin can enter the title of the shipping method that will be displayed to the customers. The admin can also configure the shipping rate per unit, maximum coverage area, handling charges, minimum charges, can select a unit of distance (kilometers or miles), select ship to applicable countries or all countries, and show the custom error message for shipping on non-deliverable zones.
Distance Rate Shipping Manager
The admin can also manage the distance shipping rate from the backend. In case the customer required to add multiple regions at once, then the admin can add the CSV file for the same. In the CSV files, the admin needs to add the region from, region to, and rate. The information on added regions can also be edited. The system will always consider the lower rates in case there are the same ranges occur.
Show Estimated Shiping Rates
The customer will be able to calculate the estimated shipping charges on the product, cart, and checkout page. The shipping charges will be calculated automatically (via Google API) based on the distance between store location and the customer’s shipping address.
If the customer’s address is not located within the maximum coverage area then “shipping is not available on this location” will display. Further, the customer can add the product to cart and checkout by using the distance rate shipping method.
For Store Admin
- Providing the feature where shipping charges can be calculated on the product page will easily draw the customer’s attention and will help in increasing both the sales and revenue.
- Allow this shipping method to be applicable for either all or any specific country as per the requirement.
- Calculate the estimated shipping charges by entering the location on the product and cart page.
- Get shipping related information for the products before actually purchasing it and reaching the checkout page.
- Will be facilitated with extra information regarding the shipping charges which can increase customer’s interest in the webstore.
You can check live demo from here.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3
11 September, 2020
Extensions, Shipping & Fulfillment, Address Verification, Order Management (OMS), Warehouse Management System (WMS)
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Compatible with Magento 2.3.x
+ Admin can enable/disable the shipping method.
+ Admin can provide the Distance Rate Shipping method for their products.
+ Admin can set Shipping Origin Address based on which the calculation will be done.
+ Admin can set Shipping Rate per Unit Distance.
+ Admin can add Handling Charge, Minimum Charge.
+ Admin can set Maximum Area to cover.
+ Admin can add whether to apply shipping item wise.
+ Admin can set Custom Error Message to display if shipping not applicable.
+ Admin can enable to Display Estimate Shipping Rate on product pages.
+ Admin can set distance calculation based on "Google Map Distance Matrix" or "Latitude Longitude".
+ The Distance Unit can be in Kilometer or Mile which can be set by Admin.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor