The admin can add prefixes (a combination of alphabets, numbers or special characters) for Ids relevant to various documents like invoices, credit memo, order Id, etc.
OverviewBack to top
The Custom Order Prefix extension facilitates the store owner to integrate prefixes with credit memo Id, shipment Id, invoice Id, and order Id. These prefixes are formed using alphabets, numbers or special characters. In the backend, the store owner sets the prefixes for order Id, invoice Id, shipment Id, and credit memo.
These prefixes are created for different stores and store views. This extension has turned out to be extremely beneficial for the store owners at times when they need to pick some specific Ids from a long list of records. This enhances the process of identifying each order individually and getting data associated with that order. By adding some meaningful letters in the IDs makes document management easier.
For giant marketplaces, such as Amazon, that get to deal with so many orders and associated documents each day, it is a must to integrate features that help minimize the pain of managing order-related documents with ease. Custom Order Prefix is one such extension that allows the store owners to add and modify the prefixes which are added for order Id, invoice id, shipment Id and credit memo Id.
One major add-on of integrating this feature is, as default functionality of Magento does not allow the store owner to alter or modify the Ids, the filter or search process becomes tiresome. Therefore, using various combinations of alphabets and numbers, the store owner can form prefixes for their documents.
- The admin can add custom prefixes for the order IDs.
- The prefix of the shipment IDs can be set by the admin.
- A prefix for invoice IDs can also set by the admin end.
- The admin can add the custom prefix for the credit memo IDs.
- The custom prefix can set in the form of numeric, alphabetic, or alphanumeric.
How Does It Work?
At first, the store owner will have to navigate to Add Prefix tab so as to configure the prefix names. The fields namely, order Id prefix, invoice Id prefix, shipment Id prefix, and credit memo prefix are present where the store owner will have to define the prefixes against the respective fields. It is quite easy for the admin to create or form the prefix names using alphabets, numbers or a combination of both.
Further, the admin can view the configured prefixes in the respective pages, such as the order section, credit memo page, etc. In the order section, the admin can view the prefix configured for the order Ids. Also, it shall be visible to the customer under my orders, in their account. The prefix for the invoice Ids will be present in the invoice section. The customers can view it under the invoice section in their respective accounts.
In the admin panel, the admin can view the shipment Ids in the shipment section. The customers can view the same under order shipments tab. The credit memo page displays the prefix id associated with the credit memo. The refund sections also display the same credit memo Id.
For Store Owner
- The admin can add/ modify prefixes for order Id, invoice Id, shipment Id, and credit memo Id.
- The prefixes can be unique as they are formed using alphabets, numbers or both,
- Ensures better management of the documents using unique prefixes that help in the search/ filter process.
- Even the customers can distinguish their documents or orders through prefixes.
- The customers as well tend to remember the prefixed Ids as they are logically formed.
- It gives our customers a better user experience in terms of search or filter process.
You can check live demo from here
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Compatible with Magento version 2.3.x.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
Can add custom prefix for Magento2 orders.
Can add custom prefix for Magento2 shipments.
Can add custom prefix for Magento2 invoices.
Can add custom prefix for Magento2 credit memos.
Admin can choose any kind of custom prefix including alphabetical, numeric etc.