The business directory helps users to search for companies, services or products in their area in a more targeted way.
OverviewBack to top
A business directory is like an online version of the yellow pages. This is a listing of information which lists all businesses within some group like business type, locality, activity, volume, size etc. The business directory helps users to search for companies, services or products in their area in a more targeted way.
The business directory module adds the directory feature in the Magento store. This extension will display the store's location on Google Maps at the front-end. This module enables the users to add the listening, search and filter the listing using the standard searches like alphabetical search and keyword search. The user can add the directory with various attributes like categories, maps, and locations. Each directory can have an infinite number of listings. The admin can set the root category and their respective sub-categories for the business directory. And can also enable/disable the directory approval. This module allows the admin and the user to delete and edit the directories.
Google Maps API/Pricing
To get Google Map API Key please click here. The account creation is free and there are no charges for using the API key up to a certain limit. To use it beyond those limits you need to pay. These pricing are divided into 2 parts:1) Standard, 2) Premium.
For more details related to Google Map APIs Pricing and Plans please click here.
Use Case of Business Directory -
- Business Directory allows the admin to add directory feature with specific category listing which can be searched for by interested customers.
- This module makes it easy for customers to find what they are looking for. This allows the users to search and filter the listing using the standard searches like alphabetical search and keyword search.
- Provides an absolute solution for the customers because this module is a platform where all kind of information related to the store will be available for the customers.
Features of Business Directory -
- Very Suitable for your vertical industry.
- The admin can select the root category for the business directory.
- Subcategories for the business directory’s root category can be created by the admin.
- Auto approval of directories can be enabled or disabled by the admin.
- Reports and claims of the directories can be seen by the admin.
- The admin can enable/disable/delete directories created by users.
- Reasons for reporting a directory can be added by the admin.
- The admin can enable/disable/edit/delete reasons.
- The registered user can create directories with multiple attributes like categories, location, website title etc.
- The user can easily reach to any directory by multiple search options like alphabetical search, advanced search, extended search and a general search.
- Claim and report on the directories can be made by the users.
- The user can contact the directory owner.
Workflow of Business Directory
After the successful installation of the module, the admin can configure the module settings like set root category, automatic directory approval, and email id. Then the admin will create/add the sub-categories under the root category of the business directory. For sub-category, the admin can set name, image, description, display mode, anchor, products in the category, parent category settings, theme, and status.
The users can add directories. And can set the directory category, name, contact person, contact details, business days, description, and company logo. They can also view their created directories. And can also edit, delete, filter search the directories. The users can also view the directory approval status and the total count for claims, reports, and contact.
The admin can view all the directories in the admin panel.And can click on any directory to see reports, claims, and contact of that directory business directory. Under Reason option, the admin can add new reason, delete the reason or change the status of reason. The admin can manage the user created business directories by approving, disapproving, deleting, and viewing directory information or by creating/managing reasons.
The front-end display of the directory allows the users to sort and search entries, or browse the directory. They can search either by entering a keyword or by advanced search. And can also contact the owner through directory view page for the category.
Benefits of Business Directory -
- This module enables to add listings which are exceptionally easy to create and manage.
- Managing and configuring the business directory module is far way easy and doesn't require any special skills.
- Making it a time-efficient way to manage the online store information.
- Allow to index business information through several listings.
Demo - You can check the live demo here.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
-------------------------------- Version 2.0.0 --------------------------------------
+ Provide advance searching for directories.
+ Allow adding different categories.
+ Allow adding different locations.
+ Admin can enable or disable Directory Approval.
+ Admin can add, delete, change the status of Reasons.
+ Each directory can have an infinite number of listings.
+ Admin can create new root categories.