OverviewBack to top
Vurbis Interactive is a global provider of B2B integration solutions for both sellers and buyers. B2B sellers use our Vurbis Punchout Plugin™ for Magento 2 to enable secure online shopping and ordering between their Magento store and their customer's e-procurement systems using Punchout (aka cXML Punchout, Procurement Punchout), an e-commerce industry-standard protocol that’s fully supported by e-procurement systems (Coupa, Ariba, Ivalua, Birchstreet, Workday, Jaggaer, etc.), ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, Epicor, MS Dynamics, Infor, etc.), supplier networks and industry marketplaces today.
Why does a Magento store need to support Punchout? Because the Punchout ordering process differs from the web ordering process in multiple ways, as noted below: For example, with Punchout, your customer accesses your Magento store directly from their e-procurement system and is automatically logged in, versus logging in manually from a web browser. Also, the shopping cart does not become an order that’s then paid with a credit card and fulfilled. With Punchout, it’s sent to the e-procurement system for pre-approval, and once approved, a Purchase Order is sent from the e-procurement system to the Magento store (or other order processing system.)
Additionally, commonly used B2B transactions typically associated with EDI such as order acknowledgments, ship notices, purchase order changes and invoices are all supported by Punchout, and sometimes required by the buying organization. Every day, more companies are implementing e-procurement systems to buy online from their suppliers - if you want these companies to use your Magento store, it needs to be "Punchout-ready".Using the Vurbis Punchout Plugin™ to make your Magento store "Punchout-ready" is easy…
- Download and install the Vurbis Punchout Plugin™ with Magento (we’ll help you)
- Vurbis sets up your customer’s Punchout Profile in the Vurbis Cloud
- After testing, your Magento store can accept Punchout orders from this customer
The Vurbis Punchout Plugin™ is a turn-key SaaS solution. A fixed annual subscription fee includes setup, installation, upgrades, customer support and access to your own private Admin Dashboard, where you can track all Punchout activities related to your Magento store. Using the Vurbis Punchout Plugin™ you can...
- Make your Magento store Punchout-ready without modifications
- Increase e-procurement sales while lowering your order processing costs
- Give e-procurement customers the same shopping experience as web direct customers
- Support unlimited future customer Punchout requests
The Vurbis Punchout Plugin™ is a 100% Cloud solution. Once installed, the Vurbis Punchout Plugin™ allows you to support any and all requests for Punchout from your customers now and in the future for a low, fixed annual fee per customer (no hidden costs), right from your existing Magento store, without the need for a third-party gateway or network. Make your Magento store “Punchout-ready” today - fast, easy and cost-effectively - using the Vurbis Punchout Plugin™.
Account & Pricing:
- Supports all current Punchout formats (cXML, OCI, xCBL, UBL, etc.)
- Global customer service (locations in US, Europe, Africa and Asia)
- Any language and currency
- Usage tracking and reporting
- Validations and notification engine
- Custom workflow engine
- Data mapping engine
- Cart page modifier
- ERP integration API
- Marketing automation system API (ask us)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How will I know when I need Punchout for my Magento store? Your customer(s) will tell you that they are now using an e-procurement system to order online from suppliers, so they no longer can order from your Magento store directly over the web, or via email, local catalog or other means.
- Do I have to wait for a customer to request a Punchout? You can also choose to be proactive with Punchout, then inform your customers who use e-procurement that your Magento store supports Punchout or use it as a sales tool for calling on accounts that use e-procurement systems.
- Ok, my customer wants Punchout, what happens next? Your customer will provide you with information regarding how they would like Punchout implemented, including but not limited to the e-procurement system used, Punchout transactions required, document examples, extrinsic fields required, test and product URLs and supplier network access. Vurbis uses this information to create your customer’s Punchout Profile in the Vurbis Cloud, and then do your implementation, making your Magento store Punchout-ready.
- Do I need to create user accounts in Magento for every possible user? No, user accounts are created in real-time during the Punchout user authentication process and assigned to a specific customer group inside Magento.
- Do I need to change anything in Magento? To use Vurbis, no, we are totally non-invasive to Magento, but to support Punchout, you’ll need to use Magento store configurations and/or customer group rules to ensure each customer sees only their products and pricing. Also, your customer will require commodity codes like UNSPSC or NGIP, so if you don’t support those they will have to be added. We have a lot of Magento experience, so we will help you, and our Mapping Engine can often do certain Punchout-specific tasks on-the-fly, so you don’t have to do them in Magento.
- How do I track the Punchout transactions? Every Punchout-related activity is tracked and can be accessed and reported on in your Vurbis Admin Dashboard and/or Magento. For example, If your customer is transferring shopping carts to their e-procurement system (remember, when using Punchout, the cart is not created in Magento) but not placing orders, you can see that in the Vurbis Admin Dashboard. When your customer sends a Purchase Order, Vurbis puts the order in Magento so you can view it right in your Magento dashboard with all your other orders. Magento events such as ship notice or order competed automatically trigger the required Punchout events (send ship notice, send invoice) in Vurbis seamlessly.
- Please visit our FAQ’s Page for more information about Punchout.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
19 November, 2020
Extensions, Payments & Security, Checkout Enhancements, Payment Integration
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
- added custom products API - extend possibility to serve unknown products.
- added attribute update API - extend attribute
- added script proxy option - required when scripts cannot be loaded externally.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Fix coding standard errors.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor