Order comments & Attachment allows an easy way for your customers to provide order comments with attachment during checkout.
OverviewBack to top
Most e-commerce websites provide a way for customers to add his/her comments to the order during checkout. Magento does not provide a built in feature to deal with this kind of requirement. To overcome this, we have added "Order Comments & Attachment" extension. Order Comments & Attachment extension is developed to provide flexibility to the website administrator to gather important information from the customer during checkout. This extension provides a delightful experience to better understand customers needs and feedback which helps you to grow more. It is used to display additional information (Order comment, Order file attachment) in the shipping information section on the checkout page. The admin can view additional information of an order from Sales >> Orders section.
Once the customer enables this extension via Magento back-end, it will appear on checkout page under the shipping address section. Customer can easily change the title, mandatory fields, and allowed type via the back-end. Don't bother with the lengthy process during chekout. This extension does not have any additional steps.
Our extension does not override any blocks or models to avoid conflict with other third-party plugins. It comes with an admin configuration options that can be easily managed through website back end. It provides flexibility for the admin to set the desired title for order comments section and allow only specific file types(viz: jpg, png, gif etc) for upload. This can be managed completely via Magento admin. Seperate CSS file is created to allow developers to change the look and feel of this section. CSS edits can be done from "Ordercomment\view\frontend\web\css\order_comment.css"
To know more about our extension, Check out the How To Use? Section
Order comments and attachment extension doesn't require manual template edits and uses Magento core checkout functions. The main purpose during development was to make a lightweight and simple extension, that needs minimum developer interaction while setting it up on website.
Follow below simple steps to have this extension setup on your store:
1. Install extension from Marketplace
2. Define system setting variables from Stores >> Configuration >> Order Comment
1. Enabled/Disabled extension from Magento system configuration.
2. Full control over content section via Magento Back-end.
3. Ability to enable/disable order comments and attachment fields from back-end.
4. Ability to allow only specific file types for upload from from back-end.
How To Use?
1. Login into your Magento admin panel.
2. Goto Stores >> Configuration >> Order Comment and enable extension.
3. Enter order comment section title which will show on checkout page.
4. Select "Display Order Comment" as Yes for displaying order comment field on checkout page.
5. Select "Order Comment Required?" as Yes for making order comment field as mandatory.
6. Select "Display Order Attachment" as Yes for displaying attachment field on checkout page.
7. Enter title for order attachment field if required.
8. Select "Order Attachment Required?" as Yes if you want to keep attachment as mandatory on checkout page.
9. Specify allowed file types in "Order Attachment Type Allowed" field.
10. Save the configuration.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.0 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Version number: 1.0.1
Compatibility: 2.0, 2.1, 2.2
- Compatible with CE: 2.0 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
Version number: 1.0.0