Product recommendations for Magento1 at product and category pages with “Who viewed this item also viewed” and “People with similar interests also viewed” blocks.
Other Extensions by Vendor Name
OverviewBack to top
When talking about the shopping experience, it's important to offer additional product suggestions in time. “Also Viewed Products” — is the module for Magento that will do that for you. With this module, you don't need to spend time preparing complicated rules or relations. Just install the module, and that's it. “Also Viewed Products” works for your site already and thoroughly explores customer’s activity. It will offer relevant recommendations for each product soon, based on other customer's interests.
You may choose one of the following scenarios to use:
- Offer per product alternatives at the product page
- Offer per customer product suggestions at the category, or any other page
- And, of course, you can use the both blocks too
How does it work?
When a client views different products, the module creates relations between them. The module does that for each visitor. Then, the module indexes these relations and calculates “weight” score by its popularity. Day by day, relations count grows, and they become more accurate than at the beginning.
Bots will not affect relations accuracy. All popular web spiders are already on the ignore list. You may view and change it on the module configuration page.
Additionally, you can add specific IP addresses into ignoring list too.
Can I control the relations?
Yes. You can change suggestions sort order or even disable them to hide it from the front end.
Where can I place the block?
You can add it to the product page with extension configuration, or place it on any other page with the widget.
Great places for “People with similar interests also viewed” block:
- Product page tabs or sidebar (Recommend alternatives for current product)
- Below product listing on the category page (Recommend suggestions for recently viewed products)
If you are using “Tabs” at the product page, take a look at our documentation. Maybe we have instructions for you already.
There are five configuration sections available: “Product Additional Information”, “Left column”, “Right column”, “Performance” and “Log Settings”.
Product Additional Information, Left, and Right Columns
Add extension's block to the product page with these sections.
Following options are available:
- Enabled (Yes/No)
- List Mode (Grid and List)
- Products Count
- Columns Count (For the grid mode)
- Image Dimensions
Log settings allow you to add:
- Extra user agent ignore rules
- IP addresses ignore list
Use the widget to show block at any other page or container.
Widget options are similar to the configuration:
- Source used, to build recommendations
- List Mode (Grid and List)
- Number of Products to Display
- Columns count (For the grid mode)
- Image dimensions
Official documentation is available at GitHub.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 188.8.131.52 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Fixed possible error during log processing, if some products where deleted from database.