Preview & Publish has features to save changes made in theme files, CMS Pages, & Blocks in the preview. Publish preview data, and roll back the published changes.
OverviewBack to top
Preview and Publish is an extension for Magento that helps users to make updates to their theme files, CMS Pages and CMS Blocks directly from the Magento dashboard. It has an online theme editor which makes it easy for the user to update the files. Users can Preview the changes before publishing them live and can also rollback their published changes made in the Themes files, CMS Pages and Blocks.
The extension also has a scheduled publish feature which automatically publishes the files as per selected date and time.
- Online Theme Editor: Magento Community edition does not offer online editor in admin panel to edit the Theme files, PHTML, CSS and Images. To edit and make changes, user has to depend on external editor and then commit their changes from local machine to the server. But Preview Publish extension has an in-built Online Theme Editor that helps users to directly make changes from the Magento dashboard without relying upon external editors. User can Add, Update and Delete the files directly through this module. It supports all file types such as .phtml, .css, .js, .scss, .png etc. which are used in the theme.
- CMS Pages and Block – Staging/Preview: This helps users to see the preview of the edits made before publishing them live. Changes in CMS pages and Block are first saved in the preview mode (staging), and user can check the site in preview and publish the changes to the live site.
- The extension also has a Load Live Site data/Load Preview site data feature on Edit CMS and Block pages through which user can switch between the live site data and the Preview site data.
- Preview Sites: Users can click on a site from the ‘Preview Sites’ top navigation menu and view it in Preview mode.
- Publish: Users can publish the changes made in the theme files, CMS pages and CMS blocks to have them appear on live site by using this feature. Users can publish changes manually or schedule a publish. In scheduled publish feature, users can select the date and time, and changes will be automatically published to the live site.
- Roll back: This extension has a feature to roll back the site changes prior to the last published data.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Fixed configuration issue
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2
- Stability: Stable Build
This is first release of the preview publish and its has the following functionality:
Online Theme Editor: Option to edit the theme PHTML, CSS, Images from Magento Admin Section. It has an editor to support all type of file. Seller can add new files and directories as per design theme.
The CMS and Block Staging/Preview: The CMS pages and Block are saved in the preview mode (staging) and user can preview the site and check if it is all set then user can publish site changes to live.
Preview: User can preview the store using preview menu on the top menu section of Magento, where user can see the changes that have done by the user but not yet published.
Publish: This extension has a feature to publish the changes that you have done on the theme and the pages and if you publish the changes it appears to live site. It also have the scheduled publish feature in that case you can provide a date when you want to publish the changes on the live site and on that day the site changes will be published.
Rollback: This extension has a feature to rollback your last published data. Some time we want to rollback the last published data due to lots of reasons. So with the help of this feature you can easily rollback published data.