OverviewBack to top
By default, Google allows a sitemap file to reference up to 50,000 URLs. If you have more URLs at your store, you will have to break it into multiple sitemaps to make sure your store ranks well in search engines.
The XML Sitemap Splitter extension helps you efficiently build an XML sitemap if you have less or than 50,000 URLs. It generates and split XML sitemap into multiple sitemaps for categories, in-stock products, out of stock products, review, and CMS pages. Helps search engines better understand your website structure while crawling it.
The extension supports the default, mobile, and image sitemaps. You can add product images, title, caption, custom license in the sitemap. Also, you can schedule the sitemap auto-generation at your preferred time and receives a report by email after each generation.
Generates & Split XML Sitemap
The extension generates an XML Sitemap compatible with the major search engine, automatically split into smaller sitemaps for categories, products, CMS pages, and list URLs on each sitemap. This helps search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo quickly crawls and index content on your store. You can also inform search engines of the page priority, frequency, and last modifications date.
Three Types Of Sitemap
The extension supports three types of sitemap: basic, basic with image, and mobile. You can choose the type of sitemap to generate:
- Basic: the default sitemap, compatible with major search engines. Eg. Google, Bing;
- Basic with image: the default sitemap including images, compatible with a search engine like Google;
- Mobile: the mobile sitemap, contains URLs that serve mobile web content and compatible with a search engine like Google.
You can use a sitemap index file as a way to submit all your sitemaps at once. It includes categories, products (in-stock and out-of-stock), and product review sitemaps URLs. The sitemap index file will be suffixed by '_index,' e.g., http://domain.com/sitemaps/nl/sitemap_index.xml.
You can include or exclude category pages in the sitemap. The category sitemap file will be suffixed by '_categories,' e.g., http://domain.com/sitemaps/nl/sitemap_categories.xml. You can use the real last modification date of the categories page, set the frequency of categories pages (always, hourly, daily, monthly, yearly, or never) and priority (from 0.0 to 1.0, with 1.0 ) of categories URLs.
In Stock Product Sitemap
You can include or exclude in-stock product pages in the sitemap, use the real last modification date, set frequency (always, hourly, daily, monthly, yearly or never) and priority (from 0.0 to 1.0, with 1.0 ) of in-stock product URLs. The product sitemap file will be suffixed by '_products,' e.g., http://domain.com/sitemaps/nl/sitemap_products.xml.
Out Of Stock Product Sitemap
You can include or exclude out-of-stock product pages in the sitemap, use the real last modification date of the out-of-stock product pages, set frequency (always, hourly, daily, monthly, yearly, or never) and priority (from 0.0 to 1.0, with 1.0 ) of in-stock product URLs. The generated out-of-stock products sitemap file will be suffixed by '_products_outstock,' e.g., http://domain.com/sitemaps/nl/sitemap_products_outstock.xml.
Product Review Sitemap
You can include or exclude product review URLs in the sitemap, use the real last modification date, set frequency (always, hourly, daily, monthly, yearly, or never) and priority (from 0.0 to 1.0, with 1.0 ) of the product review URLs. The product review sitemap file will be suffixed by '_products_review,' e.g., http://domain.com/sitemaps/nl/sitemap_products_review.xml.
CMS Pages Sitemap
You can include or exclude CMS pages in the sitemap, use the real last modification date of the CMS pages URLs, set frequency (always, hourly, daily, monthly, yearly, or never) and priority (from 0.0 to 1.0, with 1.0 ) of the CMS pages. The CMS Pages sitemap file will be suffixed by '_cms,' e.g., http://domain.com/sitemaps/nl/sitemap_cms.xml.
Maximum Number Of URLs Per File
You can set the max number of URLs to include per sitemap. Example: if you configure 100 as the max number of URL to includes per sitemap:
- Categories: if the total categories URLs in the store are 300, three separate categories sitemap are generated with 100 URLs per sitemap (Eg. 'filename_categories.xml, 'filename_categories_1.xml, filename_categories_2.xml');
- Products "In Stock": if the total in-stock product URLs in the store are 300, three separate in-stock product sitemap are generated with 100 URLs per sitemap (Eg. 'products.xml, '_products_1.xml, _products_2.xml');
- Products "Out of Stock": if the total out-of-stock product URLs are 300, three separate out-of-stock product sitemap are generated with 100 URLs per sitemap (Eg. 'products_outstock.xml, '_products_outstock_1.xml, _products_outstock_2.xml');
- Products Review: if the total product review URLs are 300, three separate product review sitemap is generated with 100 URLs per sitemap ('products_review.xml, '_products_review_1.xml, _products_review_2.xml');
- CMS Pages: if the total store CMS Pages URLs are 300, three separate CMS Page sitemaps are generated with 100 URLs per sitemap (Eg. 'filename_cms.xml, 'filename_cms_1.xml, filename_cms_2.xml').
Add Product Images To The Sitemap
You can include or exclude product images, titles, captions to the sitemap and define a custom image license to include on the sitemap. Products images will be included at the in-stock and out-of-stock product sitemaps.
Check & Notify Missing URL Rewrite
The extension checks missing URL rewrite during the sitemap generation and include a list of entry with missing URL rewrite in summary.
Check Orphan Products
You can check products that are not assigned or associated with any categories during the generation. A list of orphan products will show in summary.
Check Products Not Included To The Sitemap
You can check products that are not fetched or included during sitemap generation. A list of products not fetched will show in summary. Useful for debugging purposes.
Include Or Exclude Disallowed URLs
You can include or exclude URLs disallowed by robots.txt in the sitemaps.
Submit Sitemap To Search Engine
You can manually ping or submit each generated sitemap to Bing or Google search engines.
The extension will automatically generate the XML sitemap at your scheduled time, and email the report to the specified recipient(s). You can :
- enable or disable the auto-generate sitemap;
- choose how frequently you would like to generate the XML sitemap(s) automatically: daily (once in a day), weekly (once in a week), monthly (once in a month);
- choose the time to auto-generate the sitemap;
- specify the sender;
- specify one or more recipients to receives generated sitemap reports.
Generate From Command Line (CLI)
You can generate the XML sitemaps from the command line. Generate a particular sitemap per id or all existing sitemaps. A detailed messages display during the CLI generation.
The extension will send a sitemap report by email to all the specified recipients after each generation. The report includes generation date, file location, ping status, warning, number of pages, links, size of each sitemap file, and execution time. You can easily customize the default email template to fit your requirement.
Manage All Sitemaps In One Place
The extension simplifies multiple sitemap management. All sitemaps appear at the admin grid. You can generate, submit, and delete sitemaps. Also, you can browse all the sitemap's parameters, such as selected stores, path, URL, file, and the time the sitemap was generated.
The extension work with multiple websites, store, and store view. You can generate the categories, CMS, products, and review sitemaps at the store view level.
Backend (Username: UMXmlsitemapsplit / Password: UMXmlsitemapsplit_2)
- Free lifetime updates
- One year free support
- 25-day Marketplace refund policy
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.2, 2.3
17 July, 2020
Extensions, Marketing, SEO/SEM
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Added improvements
+ Fields note updated
+ Added ability to set Maximum Number of URLs per sitemap File
+ Added missing dependencies
+ Improved email templates
+ Optimized CLI messages
+ Added more detailed notes of using product images on the sitemap
* Fixed email errors when bulk generate from CLI
* Fixed 404 errors when viewing generated sitemaps URLs in the browser (when pub docroot is used)
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- Fixed sitemap submission errors on Magento 2.3.2 and 2.2.9
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor