Make your Magento 1 store faster by compressing your JPEG and PNG images.
This extension automatically optimizes your images with TinyPNG and TinyJPG.
Other Extensions by TinyPNG
OverviewBack to top
TinyPNG and TinyJPG is a free online service for smart PNG and JPEG compression, trusted by thousands of companies around the world!
This plugin automatically optimizes the images in your store with TinyPNG and TinyJPG. Your webshop will load faster for your visitors, and you’ll save storage space and bandwidth!
TinyPNG and TinyJPG use smart lossy compression techniques to reduce the file size of your image files. By selectively decreasing the number of colors in the image, fewer bytes are required to store the data. The effect is nearly invisible but it makes a very large difference in file size!
The files produced by TinyPNG are displayed perfectly on all modern browsers including mobile devices.
To use the TinyPNG service you need to get your API key on the website! A free account gives you 500 free compressions each month. If you need more compressions you can upgrade your account, see the pricing here.
How does it work?
- When you view a product in your store, Magento creates different image sizes in its cache folders.
- This extension will compress these images for you automatically.
- Also, any image sizes in your store that are exact duplicates are detected by the extension and will only be optimized once.
- Your product images are uploaded to the TinyJPG or TinyPNG service and analyzed to apply the best possible compression.
- Based on the content of the image an optimal strategy is chosen.
- The result is sent back to your Magento store and saved in your public media folder.
- On average JPEG images are compressed by 40-60% and PNG images by 50-80% without visible loss in quality.
- Copy the extension key from the Magento Marketplace and install the extension.
- Login on your store backend and open System -> Magento Connect -> Magento Connect Manager.
- Paste the extension key to install the extension.
- After installation, you may need to log out of the store backend and log back in for the extension to start working.
- Obtain your free API key from https://tinypng.com/developers.
- Go to System -> Configuration -> Image Optimization, and enter your TinyPNG API Key.
- Flush the images cache to start compressing.
- The first 500 compressions per month are completely free, no strings attached!
- As each product will be shown in different sizes, between 50 and 100 products can be uploaded and compressed for free.
- You can also change which of types of image sizes should be compressed.
- If you’re a heavy user, you can compress additional images for a small additional fee per image by upgrading your account.
- You can keep track of the number of compressions in the Magento 1 configuration section.
- Learn more about these services on https://tinypng.com/.
Got questions or feedback? Let us know! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Image Optimization v2.0.2
Improvements & bugfixes
Added support for HTTP proxies
Retry failed request by default
Better CURL warnings
Updated the existing Tinify library
Added support for PHP7
Image Optimization v2.0.1
Improvements & bugfixes
Support for servers with open basedir enabled.
Linting & speed improvements for Travis CI.
Added an space to an sentence for readability.
Better handling of the Tinify\AccountException so the logs won't be clutherd.
Updated the Tinify PHP client.
Image Optimization v2.0.0
- The extension now recognises duplicated images to save extra bandwidth and reduce the number of compressions.
- Added status to indicate the API key is valid.
- The configuration page now shows the latest compressions including savings.
- You can now click on the latest optimized images to see the results.
- Added the total number of compressions for the current month.
- A new test mode allows testing of the extension in production environments without actually changing any images that visitors will see.
- Added logfile options which are directly available from the Magento configuration page.